SOTD w/c Sat 31st Dec '11 - Fri 7th Jan '12 incl.

Friday

Merkur Progress
Gillette Platinum Blade (Swede)
New Forest 2201 Brush
Vitos Super Coconut Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

..and that's another Swede done and consigned to the Feather used blades tin!

Ian

joe mcclaine said:
Friday:
Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Proraso Pre / Post
Proraso foam (green can)
Alcolado Glacial lotion
Proraso Pre / Post

Now THAT's cold.

Bloody hell, mate! I shivered just reading that!

Ian

sotd 06.01.12

morning gents

proraso pre and post
valobra stick
shavemac d01
gilette alu tech + feather (2)
floid vigorosso
penhaligons blenheim bouquet

decent shave

making an effort to start using some of the stuff i bought ( shouldnt we all lol )

so first time using the valobra stick (by itself) which appears to be a damn good soap

missingskin said:
IanM said:
Thursday

Merkur Progress
Gillette Platinum Blade (Swede)
New Forest 2201 Brush
Vitos Super Coconut Soap
L'Occitane Cade ASB

I'm getting to be a really big fan of these soft soaps. Cella and Vitos are both excellent for me.

Ian

Enjoying the Progress then Ian?

Definitely. Used it since you, very kindly and suprisingly, delivered it :)

Ian

Gillette Fatboy on 6 with Gillette super silver blade (1960s or 70s)
TOBS jermyn street sensitive shave cream

Not especially close. Vintage platinum blades far better. Worth the try though - 75 blades now reviewed!

I think the Ians and the Ricks have made some spot on choices lately and seems these have paid off pretty well so far. Razors, soaps, the lot.

@ Tim: Big change for you. Shabby, yes, I agree - it's fashion I think.

@ Paul: Can I join the TP/Dipesh club? But I have an SK9, not an OSS! We won't be that many though. Even the TSR SE club will have more members... That's not supposed to happen, right? I mean, really, who uses an SE these days apart from wise teenagers :p and aspiring Scottish vendors? :icon_mrgreen:

Re: RE: SOTD w/c Sat 31st Dec '11 - Fri 7th Jan '12 incl.

N_Architect said:
I think the Ians and the Ricks have made some spot on choices lately and seems these have paid off pretty well so far. Razors, soaps, the lot.

I'm loving it, and since you are definitely the inspiration for both Ian and I trying the Artist Club (again, in Ian's case), I owe you a debt of karma :).

Friday

Merkur 34c with 7 o'clock blade
Edwin Jagger pure badger
The Real Shaving Co double concentrated cream
Armani Acqua di Gio ASB
Armani Acqua di Gio aftershave

DFS

Dr Rick said:
N_Architect said:

I'm loving it, and since you are definitely the inspiration for both Ian and I trying the Artist Club (again, in Ian's case), I owe you a debt of karma :).

Yes indeed. I must admit that I have neglected the AC-SS recently, but I've just finished a blade in the Progress and it's the weekend, so I think it's going to be back in use :)

Ian

Friday

Gillette Mach 3 Turbo
Noxzema Medicated (Red)
Sudocrem
Choppard Pour Himme Edt

The Noxzema Yellow was leaving my skin a little sore, non of that with the red and reading the can it seems to have very little on the ingrediants list.

I'm also starting to notice what ever I use to shave my shave closeness quality degrades as the week goes on of daily shaving, the best combination seems to be day on day off.

I've also developed a strange case of RAD for the Mach 3 and going through my box of old handles, I'm only missing 2 out of all of them released.

Botanics face Scrub
Feather AS - D1
Feather Blade
Le Tuft Chubby 1.5
Vito's Coconut & Almond
Alum & Propolis
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
Botanics moisturiser SPF 15
Coty Raw Vanilla Eau de cologne

Jamie

Two pass shave BBS.

003-1.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields 2 band badger
1958 Executive/Schick Krona Stainless Steel (NOS)
Surrey SS used as a stick (pre VDH reformulation)
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Jacomo de Jacomo EdT

Tried another vintage blade today and it's a nice one. Not quite as sharp as the Iridium, but still smooth and comfortable. Another old blade I could use every day if needed.

BBS results,

Martin

Ids said:
I'm also starting to notice what ever I use to shave my shave closeness quality degrades as the week goes on of daily shaving, the best combination seems to be day on day off.

I think that's a common feeling, I like at least 24 hours growth but ideally 36 hours if I'm going to get an absolutely tip top shave. But I also think it's something you feel more with carts, the Sensor was like that for me, they seem to need 48 hours growth to get hold of to shave you really close. Monday was always a bit of a revelation, Friday morning was meh.

Friday:

Fatboy (on 9)
Feather
Vulfix 2234 boar
Nanny's French Lavender
T&H Grafton asb

The Vulfix is breaking in nicely, and it provides an enjoyable change of pace from my usual badgers. The Fatboy/Feather combo has been delivering consistently smooth and satisfying shaves this week. Top-notch.

sotdfatboy.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson, Chubby 3
Razor: Max Sprecher
Soap: Nannys, Ice and a Slice
AS: Ogallala, Limes and Peppercorns
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

Two days stubble has left the building (got a fever and landed in bed for 18 hours, but feel much better after this shave) :D
003800x561.jpg

... and some:
004800x592-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom