SOTD w/c Sat 31st Dec '11 - Fri 7th Jan '12 incl.

Good morning.

R101 2011 & Wilkinson (U.K.) [#2]
Semogue 2011 LE boar 2
Palmolive stick
Sulwhasoo Skin and Lotion
Perfume not decided yet.

photo-43.jpg

Saturday:
Merkur Progress
Personna, Red Pack
Semogue 830
Old Spice shaving soap (vintage sticks, grated into a bowl)
Old Spice aftershave balm (yes, they did make some)

Later I will be wearing Histoires de Perfums 1740 Marquis De Sade EDT <--- probably the only 'shave related' item I will be buying in 2012, well, that and Le Labo Patchouli 24.

Gillette Slim Adjustable on 7, 5, 3 with Gillette 7 o'clock Sharp Edge (Yellow) blade (second outing)
D R Harris Marlborough cream
Henk walnut silvertip
Nivea a/s balm

Very nice shave. Got some of the usual problem areas BBS close with only a tiny bit of sting elsewhere.
Very nice blade and razor and settings combo.

Saturday - New Year's Eve

Merkur Progress
Gillette Platinum Blade (Swede)
New Forest 2201 Brush
Trumper Sandalwood Shaving Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

The arrival of the Progress and it's relentless ability to impress me have set aside the plans that I had to use the Feather AC-SS over the Christmas period.

Ian

Saturday, Dec. 31, 2011

Totalshave Oil
Semogue LE2011 Finest Bristle 2 #77
Bottega Verde Uomo crema da barba
MÜHLE R89
Shark Super Stainless
Thayers Witch Hazel lemon
Bottega Verde Uomo The Rosso ASB

P1050592.jpg

A 2012 full of happiness and joy for you all!!!

Ikon OSS
Polsilver (5)
Cella
Simpsons PJ 2 band
Witch hazel
Trumper lime skin food
Prof Blighty ginger AS

Another cracking OSS shave. Love this razor and the Polsilver is still going strong.

Nearly made a total pigs ear of the Cella though. Think I used far too much water and it just turned into a really airy foam. Added another blob and managed to recover the situation, though I shall use much less water next time.

Have to say I can't notice a great deal of difference between this and Valobra TBH.

Last Shave of 2011

EJDE89
Personna
EJ Badger Brush
Proraso Cream and Balm
CK One EDT

Couple of nicks on ear and head through inattention. The personna was definately on the way out! But still good enough. I like the CK EDT, very fresh think I had it years ago in my youth......

Happy New Year all.....

Saturday 31st December

MdC - SOC 2-band - Muhle R41 (2011) Grande - Astra SP - Shulton Old Spice

0ae2ec7e-1-1.jpg

You've got to pay attention with this razor. The angle is very different to other razors as well. I found it tricky under the nose in particular and managed to cut myself by bringing the razor down at the wrong angle. There's little margin for error before this bites. It does mow the stubble down effectively though.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Wilkinson Sword Edge (NOS)
MWF (used as shave stick)
Dana 'Canoe' AS (vintage juice)

Took about a minute of rubbing the puck on my beard to load up the right amount of soap needed for my 4+ passes. Yeah, the MWF is a harder soap that needs the extra 30 seconds to charge the brush properly. Excellent lather using this method.

The Canoe AS used today has lots more scent and it lasts much longer than the stuff used yesterday....much more like an EdT than aftershave.

BBS results,

Martin

Yellow Jim said:
You've got to pay attention with this razor. The angle is very different to other razors as well. I found it tricky under the nose in particular and managed to give myself by bringing the razor down at the wrong angle. There's little margin for error before this bites. It does mow the stubble down effectively though.

+1 on this, the very last bit right under the nose i use my slim on as i have cut my nose once or twice with the R41.

Saturday

Aristocrat Jnr no 48
Wilkinson Sword blade (28)
TOBS Mr Taylor's Shaving Cream
Omega boar brush
E45
Speick AS

Final day for the blade I think: 2 passes plus touch-up each shave. The blade is a little bit rough on first pass but no problem with second; no problems with nicks etc. Probably could go on another few days.

Saturday-- last shave of the year!
Used my 'new to me' Canadian Gillette '05 this morning. (some anticipation as it was my father's birth year!). It didn't let me down! Love these '02/'04/'05 Gillettes .
Preshave: Noxzema plus
Razor: Canadian Gillette '05
Blade: Gillette 7 o'clock Green
Brush: Badger
Soap: a secret Santa gift!!!
Rivivage from Rasierseife
Very nice, thank you.
Aftershave: Dickinson's witch hazel.
Nice end to the year!

New years ever tidy up.

Razor: English red tip super speed (if you have a mint one of these, PM me!)
Blade: 7 o'clock Indian black
Brush: Omega Boar
Cream: Derby menthol

Really nice shave. Quite a nice razor. Brush was rubbish but I'm at the mrs parents this eve so didn't take a nice one, it does need to be broken in I think.

First time using the Proraso pre post too. Very nice.

As above, if you have a English red tip super speed that's mint. PM me!!!!

Happy new year all!

Back
Top Bottom