SOTD w/c Sat 31st Dec '11 - Fri 7th Jan '12 incl.

Wednesday

Razor: Ikon H2O
Blade: 7 o'clock Russian green
Soap: Cella
Brush: SOC

First time with a 7 o'clock green. Bit of a poor blade for me. Not got that bite! I shall try in my OSS and see how I get on.

Also the first outing of my Semogue SOC. I was a bit doubtful I'd like it with a 57mm loft but it works quite well. Creates mountains of lather quite easily.

I think this month will be boar month.

DSC02044.jpg

Maybe i should have spent a little more time on the strop wasn't quite there and i cut my chin :icon_sad:.

Ikon OSS
Wilkinson Sword Economie (2)
Beejay Custom
MWF (face lathered)
Witch hazel
Prof Blighty Yellow Unction

Hmmm, got quite a few nicks on the jawline tonight having got none at all with the Polsilver.

This particular Wilkie has been binned and I don't know if I will use any of the others to be honest. 2 shaves is not impressive.

Another shave with my Feather Artists Club RG tonight, using the Pro guard blade for a second shave.

I only did one pass tonight, anything that was missed was tidied up with a second pass using a DE razor. I think I will continue with this method until I am really confident using it.

I managed to get a couple of minor nicks but it was so much more comfortable this time, I really feel like I've had a lovely close over most of my face. I love the balance of the Artists Club, it feels so natural to hold and I am able to get around most of my face with the lightest of touches. I'm managing to get around my chin as well without too much of a worry!

I lathered up using MWF, it was not the best lather I have ever done, but it was good enough. I went over the shave with my alum block and then on with my Boots Freshwood AS balm.

Excellent! I really am looking forward to my next shave like I've never looked forward to a shave before!

Wednesday

Bassler 5/8 Stainless
GFT Trumpers Sandalwood Cream
NF2213
Alum
Old Spice Whitewater
Result - Damn fine shave
7qy9.jpg

This razor is a tricky one for me, it was cheap and I don't think its great quality. It never gets really sharp, today I tried it out on my new Naniwa 12K, the results were pretty much as good as I get with it although it does do a little better on Crox. Despite being less sharp than my other razors it still delivers a decent shave.

5/1/2012

Muehle R101 (2011) & Wilkinson (#1)
Semogue 2011 LE boar 2
Palmolive stick
Sulwhasoo 'Skin' & 'Lotion'
Amouage Opus III

Lovely and ultra smooth.

Hot Shower / Pre MRG lime oil soap / Merkur 37G / Astra SP / Musgo Real Cream /Vulfix 2236S Super Badger / Musgo Real lotion / Musgo Real Balsam / Musgo Real Aqua di colonia orange Amber

1325740530701.jpg

Thursday morning:

Hot shower
Proraso pre/post
MWF face lathered
Muhle R89
Personna Platinum - first time I used this type of blade, I liked it
Witch Hazel - used this instead of alum this morning, just to try out new things
Nivea ASB
T&H Trafalgar aftershave

DFS shave, loving the R89.

Gillette Rocket HD with English Nacet blade
Henk walnut silvertip badger brush
St. James Founders Rserve cedarwood and clarysage cream

Very smooth, very close. Similar to the Platinums also produced by Gillette UK in the 70s.

Thursday

Merkur Progress
Gillette Platinum Blade (Swede)
New Forest 2201 Brush
Vitos Super Coconut Soap
L'Occitane Cade ASB

I'm getting to be a really big fan of these soft soaps. Cella and Vitos are both excellent for me.

Ian

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Wilkinson Sword Edge (NOS)
Nannys' cedarwood/vetyver hard soap (used as a stick)
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
St Johns Bay Rum cologne

Poifect!

BBS results,

Martin

Thursday:

Fatboy (on 9)
Feather
Neep box wood silvertip
T&H Ultimate Comfort cream
T&H Ultimate Comfort asb

The Feather-equipped Fatboy has provided some excellent shaves the last couple of days - it certainly suits the ninja blade well. The Ultimate Comfort is my favourite cream from the Truefitt & Hill sample pack - great scent and performance.

Thursday:
Gillette Fusion ProGlide
Noxzema menthol foam
Alcolado Glacial

Tingly.

Will be even moreso when I add Proraso Pre-Post to the daily set up.

Back
Top Bottom