SOTD w/c Sat 3 Feb- Fri 9 Mar...

Tuesday evening:

white proraso pre post
Neo custom 2 band
MdC
EJ bull mastiff + super personna (1)
Thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB

result: 3passes, brilliant shave, smooth all over ( well almost, I always seem to miss a little bit.)

Been using other soaps for a while.. but the MdC is just excellent.

A nice evening shave and shower before bed...

Prep: Hot Shower and some Nivea Sensitive Face Wash
Brush: Omega #10049 Boar
Soap: Arko Soap Stick (love this stuff)
Razor: EJDE89L
Blade: Gillette 7 O'Clock Yellow (3) Cracking blade that
Post: Warm rinse followed by a rub of Alum Block then a cold rinse
Balm : Professor Blighty's After Shave Balsam
Result: About as close to BBS as I've had with 3 passes and a quick touch-up.

:D

Wednesday, 7.III.2012

Vitos Predopobarba
Semogue 2020 best badger
La Toja pieles sensibles
Gillette Brit. Tech Ball-End
Super Iridium
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Bottega Verde Uomo The Rosso

P1050762.jpg

Wednesday:

Proraso pre-shave
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Merkur 39c
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
Alum & Witch Hazel
Pinaud Clubman

3 passes and touch-up, BBS results.

Wednesday

Cobra Classic
Feather Professional Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Arko Stick
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Same kit but slightly different methodology. Instead of the usual WTG, XTG and touch up, I did WTG and ATG. Face and neck like a biliard ball, and a couple of small weepers.

In other news, the R41 that I passed to my friend is on it's way back to me. He's thrown in the towel and gone back to his beloved Merkur 34C.

Ian

PavlovsDog said:
M
Off to Belfast to visit my brother, his wife, his son and his newly born daughter and due to restrictions on the plane, my SOTD for the next 3 days will by default be;

Merkur 38B
Feather
GFT Violet
Vie Long Horse Hair Brush
GFT Lime Skin Food
Floris JF EDT

So as planned, the above rotation was used on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.

Not really the best shaves in fairness. This will sound poor, but my brothers bathroom mirror steamed up really quickly and even wiping it between passes, it still was very misty. For the first two shaves, it was difficult to see. It felt OK, but later when out in town, I noticed a couple of patches that were not as clean as I would have liked.

As such, I decided for the 3rd day to shave before my shower (as not to steam up the mirror) this may not have worked too well either as although the visibility was better, the prep was poor and the first pass really tugged (That said many have indicated on here before that Feathers can struggle if you push to a 3rd shave)

Really enjoyed using the GFT Violet again though. I'm generally not a fan of floral scents, but this is the biggest exception to that rule - I really like this one.

Yep, I forgot to post yesterday shave...

Pre-shave Oil Art of Shaving Unscented + Castle Forbes Cedar-sandalwood cream + Simpson Duke3 Best + Merkur Slant 37c with Iridium Super #1 + Castle Forbes Cerdar-sandalwood after shave balm

A good shave although with a bit of irritation... Too many uses of the old blade an too confidence with the new :-/. Fortunately, castle forbes balm is wonderful, hehe

Cheers!

PavlovsDog said:
PavlovsDog said:
M
Off to Belfast to visit my brother, his wife, his son and his newly born daughter and due to restrictions on the plane, my SOTD for the next 3 days will by default be;

Merkur 38B
Feather
GFT Violet
Vie Long Horse Hair Brush
GFT Lime Skin Food
Floris JF EDT

So as planned, the above rotation was used on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday.

Not really the best shaves in fairness. This will sound poor, but my brothers bathroom mirror steamed up really quickly and even wiping it between passes, it still was very misty. For the first two shaves, it was difficult to see. It felt OK, but later when out in town, I noticed a couple of patches that were not as clean as I would have liked.

As such, I decided for the 3rd day to shave before my shower (as not to steam up the mirror) this may not have worked too well either as although the visibility was better, the prep was poor and the first pass really tugged (That said many have indicated on here before that Feathers can struggle if you push to a 3rd shave)

Really enjoyed using the GFT Violet again though. I'm generally not a fan of floral scents, but this is the biggest exception to that rule - I really like this one.
No better place to go!!

Wednesday
Hot shower
Wilkinson blue bowl with Omega pro 49 as prep lather
Wilkinson blue bowl with Omega pro 49
Restored Kropp straight (smaller one)
Thayers Rose Petal
ARKO Sport a/s cream
Neil Miller beginners strop

L'Occitane Verbena soap
Vintage Custom Kropp
Le Tuft Chubby 1.5 in Lignum Vitae
Vito's Coconut & Almond
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
Botanics Moisturiser
L'Occitane Bavx EDT.

Jamie.

First shave since i customized and honed this vintage Kropp, the blade was smooth as can be, gave her 30 light strokes across the paddle strop, and away she went, a two pass shave with minor clean up.

001-5.jpg

Vintage restored Timor straight razor
Men-u brush
Professor Blighty's Isen Vann shaving soap
Alum block
M and S woodspice soothing balm
Professor Blighty's Isen Vann Aftershave

Tuesday P.M. after a cruddy day at work this shave revived me. The combination of a great razor(thanks Jamie) and great products(thanks Martin) left me feeling like all my cares were washing away down the plug hole.

WEDNESDAY 7/3/12.

razor usa star d/e.
blade polsilver.
brush simpsons duke 2.
soap ingrams.
pree shave vitos menthol.
post shave vitos balm/moisturiser.
colonge cassswell/messeys verbena.

super shave the ingrams cream gives a good menthol kick and sutch good value for money.the vitos did a great job.the colonge is great if you like citrus a reall blast.

Back
Top Bottom