SOTD w/c Sat 3 Feb- Fri 9 Mar...

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Neep, coffee bean brush
Razor: Mappin and Webb, Trustworthy
Cream: Arko
AS: Proraso
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Very nice shave and it felt right to grab the Proraso, I can feel the spring coming (even though it has been well below zero degrees C for too many mornings now).
012800x547.jpg

THURSDAY 8/3/12.

razor ikon oss.
blade derby.
brush new forest 1901.
soap pecksniffs fern.
pree shave wilkinsons.
post shave vitos balm.
colonge davidoff cool water.

a super shave with some of my favorite items.most pleased as my new brush arived today the new forest 1901 2/band.a little smasher made tons of larther i just could not belive it so pleased thanks peter/fido.

Prep: Hot shower and Dove Face and Body Wash
Brush: Omega #10049 Boar
Razor: EJDE89L
Blade: Personna (Blue) Platimun (1)
Cream: Palmolive Classic Cream (Tube)
AS: Professor Blighty's After Shave Balsam
Result: My first shave with a Personna and I have to say it was a great blade. Definitely as good as the Gillettes maybe not as good as the Astras. I ended up with a very close, almost BBS shave and no nicks or cuts - which is always a good thing.

Thursday 8th March

Hot shower and facial scrub
3P Preshave cream
Gold Dollar 208 6/8 razor
New Forest 2222 High Mountain Badger
GFT Rose Shaving Cream
Simple Toner with 444 ASB
GFT Coral Skinfood
Agua de Colonia Rosa cologne

An interesting shave today. I have just taken delivery of some daily disposable contact lenses. Normally the first few strokes of my straight shaves have been done 'blind'....so to speak. I always had to remove my glasses as the legs were in the way. Today I was actually able to see what I was doing! A great shave with 3 passes

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (12)
Soap: Cella
Brush: Neep #1059 soapstone 26mm super silvertip badger
Balm: no need, face felt great
Scent: Trumper's Sandalwood
Result: excellent, clean and close and damageless.

These blades just keep going, and if anything I like them more with 5+ shaves behind them.

Dr Rick said:
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (12)

These blades just keep going, and if anything I like them more with 5+ shaves behind them.

That was always my experience with them.

20+ shaves wasn't unheard of.

My first SE shave this evening.

Pete(Man of Leisure) very kindly sent me some blades for a razor I got off Ebay and for good measure put an Every Ready Razor in as well. Such a generous act, I was taken aback. Thanks again Pete.

Vintage Ever Ready SE razor
Gem SE blade
100% Pure Bristle Menu U brush
Professor Blighty's Applewood Soap
Professor Blighty's Yellow Ginger A/S

FANTASTIC result. One pass and the job was done with no nicks, scrapes etc. I did another pass just because I wanted to not because I needed to.No irritation at all. A joy to use.

Possibly the best shave I've ever had. Certainly this razor and blade will get a lot of use.

Also really loved the Soap and A/S...both the first time I have used them. Martin....well done again.

Very happy indeed.

newageshaver said:
My first SE shave this evening.

Pete(Man of Leisure) very kindly sent me some blades for a razor I got off Ebay and for good measure put an Every Ready Razor in as well. Such a generous act, I was taken aback. Thanks again Pete.

Vintage Ever Ready SE razor
Gem SE blade
100% Pure Bristle Menu U brush
Professor Blighty's Applewood Soap
Professor Blighty's Yellow Ginger A/S

FANTASTIC result. One pass and the job was done with no nicks, scrapes etc. I did another pass just because I wanted to not because I needed to.No irritation at all. A joy to use.

Possibly the best shave I've ever had. Certainly this razor and blade will get a lot of use.

Also really loved the Soap and A/S...both the first time I have used them. Martin....well done again.

Very happy indeed.

IT ARRIVED!!!

Merkur 38B
Personna Red (1)
Nanny's Ice and a Slice Soap
Unbranded Badger Brush
Floid Blue
Ted Baker X20

Very nice shave indeed. This is only the 4th Personna I have used since I got a pack of 10 in a trade very early in my TSR days (so probably about 6 months ago). The reason I have used so few is simply because the first 3 experiences seemed relatively poor compared to other blades.

For reasons unknown, I decided to load one up tonight in the 38B. It was smooth as anything I've used and took the stubble away in 2 passes. A few touch ups on the lip and chin and we have a very good result indeed.

OK, I'm not going to suddenly order 200 off the back of one decent shave, but I'll hold fire on Piffing the 6 I have left (which is what I was originally thinking of doing)

THURSDAY EVENING

Aristocrat 66 - Aluminium
Gillette Super Stainless (2)
New Forest Super Badger
Nanny's Sandalwood & Vetyver soap (tin lathered)
Witch hazel
Castle Forbes AS balm

Possibly the shave of the week so far. Really came together nicely, and the light Aristo is a beaut! Makes a really nice rasping noise when you get the right angle.

La Toja Manantiales soap
Semogue Limited Edition 2011 Finest Badger size 1, #1
Dorko Casa Gil straight razor with golden tang and shank
La Toja Aftershave balm

2m5mscl.jpg

Thursday

Gold Dollar 66
Tabac Stick
Vie Long Brush
Alum
Old Spice Whitewater

My test to see if the edge of this razor would hold up continues, after 5 shaves it still feels freshly honed.

Back
Top Bottom