Friday:

Proraso pre
Merkur 39c
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (2)
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Alum
Prof Blighty's Green Ginger aftershave

3 passes and touch up, great results.

Professor Blighty's Green Ginger aftershave arrived yesterday so of course I had to try it this morning. It smells great and has left my face feeling great too. What more could you want from an aftershave lotion?

After spending the last few days with the Gillette adjustable (up to number 5) and a supermax blade I decided to use my DE89 today with a 7o'clock yellow. Close shave but a very red neck - I think either the blade or the razor is more aggressive than the adjustable combo.

Proraso pre
Speick cream
Kent bk2
EJ DE89 / 7o'clock yellow
Alum / rinse
Proraso pre (tame the razor burn!)
eau de rochas aftershave
L'Oreal balm

Friday
Hot shower
Vergulde Hand stick with Omega pro 49 as prep lather
Klar Kabinett with Omega 40652
Restored Kropp straight (smaller one)
Thayers Rose Petal
ARKO Sport a/s cream
Neil Miller beginners strop

joe mcclaine said:
Dr Rick said:
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (12)

These blades just keep going, and if anything I like them more with 5+ shaves behind them.

That was always my experience with them.

20+ shaves wasn't unheard of.

Just as I get easily more than 10 shaves out of my Kai Milds. Last time I lost count and at a certain moment just replaced the blade. It was still working fine, tho.

Sharon, restock this before I run out:

http://www.nannyssillysoap.com/ps/product.php?id_product=109

Another great shave today with one of the best soaps/creams around. Helped by a Gillette Slim Twist and a Best Badger brush.

Botanics Face scrub wash
Feather AC - SS
Feather Pro Blade
Simpsons Chubby 1
Vito's Coconut & Almond
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
Botanics Moisturiser SPF 15
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas Eau De Parfum.

Jamie.

That was an amazing shave for a first pass shave, almost BBS from a first pass with minor touch up, the Feather razor is a fantastic shaver once you master the technique, it's so smooth I haven't used a DE for a few weeks, and I dont know if I will be going back anytime soon.

003.jpg

Art of Shaving Pre-shave oil Unscented + Speick shaving cream + Lijun Finest Badger + Merkur 37C Slant with Iridium Super #2 + Floid Blue after shave lotion (italian version) with Speick balm

A really good shave! This scuttle kept warm the foam, and as always Speick cream worked very well! I have the habit to mix after shave lotions with balms using my hand palms (a portuguese costume, but they use their 444 balm) and I like it much: you get good smell without the itching that alcohol based lotions use to produce, hehe

Cheers!

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Marshall Fields badger
'Webly'/Gillette Stainless (NOS 1965)
IK SS
Malizia Vetyver AS
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

Yet another new to me vintage blade tried this morning....nice one! Yeah, smooth and sharp and forgiving.

Man, I'm kinda hung up on this frankenrazor. The long heavy handle is something I actually enjoy now and matched with the Stahly head it's a great combo.

BBS results,

Martin

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Muhle, 25 mm silvertip
Razor: Garanti from Solingen
Superlather: Nannys French Lavender + Lavanada cream
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

040800x497.jpg

Edwin Jagger DE87
Astra SP (1)
Kyoku Sake Infused Shave Cream
Kent BK4
Nanny's Ice and a Slice Soap
Unbranded Badger Brush
Floid Blue
Czech and Speake Dark Rose EDT

First use of the EJ DE87 and loved it, much weightier than I imagined, which is good because I like the heavy razors (my other two being Merkurs 38B and 39C).

The disappointment today was in the cream department. I got a free 9ml sachet of the Kyoku with the razor (quite generous seeing that 177ml costs £25). It simply didn't lather up at all so I ended up using the entire 9ml sachet and the lather was still so thin I just had to grab the nearest brush and soap (which happened to be yesterdays combo) and the Nanny's didn't let me down with a lovely thick lather.

Can't imagine why anyone would blow £25 on this stuff, it also smelled like the Timber department in B&Q (not necessarily a bad thing).

I also decided to start using my Czech and Speake sample EDT's, the Dark Rose is one I wouldn't expect to like at all, but it's OK. Not likely to ever buy it at their prices - I'll have to really, really fall in love with one of their scents to convince me to buy a full sized bottle.

FRIDAY. 9/3/12.

razor ikon oss.
blade sputnik thanks alexander.
brush new forest 1901.
soap pecksniffs fern.
pree shave vitos menthol.
post shave vitos balm/moisturiser.
colonge pashana original.

a super shave i like the ikon oss razor very mutch put together today with a blade i have never used before the sputnik/this blade was a gift from alexander when i purchesed my neep cigar shaving brush which will be used tomorrow.i must say this blade gave me a super shave and i will be purchesing some if i can get hold of them.my new forest brush is a smasher louds of smashing warm larther from my steve woohead scuttle.

Back
Top Bottom