SOTD w/c Sat 3 Feb- Fri 9 Mar...

Thanks to Marvin analysing my shave crapness and diagnosing being poisoned by the lovely wifelet, I now have great shaves again.
Grateful thanks Dr Dodgy....
And do you know...I found the poison!!
images

Aristocrat Jnr flat baseplate
MdC soap (ta DR Dodge)
Old ish nacet Malaysia stlyle
Vaseline intensive care cream to finish and a dash of Paul Smith Story.

REALLY lovely results...
YRS
Blake

SpeedyBabylon5 said:
On the strength of this I dug out a packet of Green's from the pack of 200's we all bought from the same supplier to give them a try.
I must be honest, paired with a 34c it gave a lovely shave. Had me worried when you mentioned they gave a bad shave.

It could be that they don't work well with the razors I've been using them with?

Good that yours was OK though, shows they aren't dodgy.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (9)
Soap: D R Harris almond
Brush: Neep #1059 soapstone 26mm super silvertip badger
Balm: Bulldog
Scent: Penhaligon's Endymion
Result: First class

Almost out of the Bulldog ASB, which I really like.

Slick said:
Thanks to Marvin analysing my shave crapness and diagnosing being poisoned by the lovely wifelet, I now have great shaves again.
Grateful thanks Dr Dodgy....

REALLY lovely results...
YRS
Blake

Dear Likkistikkitaffi,

Well shuckens (said bashfully in my best Gomer Pyle voice), twern't nuthin really. Yeah, I recognized the symptoms from when one of my wives (#4 I believe) was poisoning me a while back. Heh, what a little scamp.

Very glad you're back to normal shavewise. There's one other bit of advice I can impart to you about future issues with Mrs Mongoose. Do NOT eat any mushrooms she might prepare. You gotta look for em carefully, since sometimes they're cut up into small pieces and added to something else. Yeah, another tip from experience.

Kuni

merkur HD
wilkinson sword blade
shavemac #25 silvertip
TOBS mr taylors shaving cream
proraso razor burn relief balm
old spice 'classic' AS

not too bad at all. first time using a wilkinson blade since the 80's, and it was pretty decent, not as sharp as the blades ive been using recently but did a good job.

I haven't posted an SOTD for a long while, but this evenings' shave not only saw me switch to evening shaves for practical reasons, but also saw me using new products.

Waitrose softening glycerine soap
Proraso pre/post
Merkur 34c
Wilkinson Sword-branded Gillette Indian blade (1)
NF Tubby 2
Palmolive stick, grated into dish
Barbershop Bay Rum
Nivea sensitive ASB

3 passes plus touch-ups, face lathering.

Result: DFS.

Face soap, pre/post and blade were all new to me. I optimistically tried briefly dipping the brush in hot water rather than soaking it, leading to poor lather which dried-out. I think this caused the weeper and minor irritation on the top corner of the upper lip - lesson learned! Result was, however, superb. I love the Proraso and the glycerine soap does the job of cleaning the beard with a pleasant geranium/lavender aroma.

MONDAY EVENING

Aristocrat 21
Gillette Super Stainless (2)
New Forest Super Badger
Valobra stick (face lathered)
Witch hazel
Castle Forbes AS balm

Hmm, how strange. Almost exactly the same setup that I was moaning about yesterday, and it's given me a lovely BBS shave tonight with only one tiny weeper.

This shaving malarkey is really bizarre!

Monday Night

No Picture as this week my setup will be the same all week so just the same as Sunday's pic.

Gold Dollar 66, Vie Long Brush, Tabac Stick, Alum, Old Spice Whitewater

Since honing this is shave #3 with this cheapest of the cheap blade. Still very sharp and smooth and giving a close, comfortable shave. Of anything that let me down tonight it was the Tabac. The lather was drying on my face faster than normal. Odd but didn't effect the shave much.

EJDE89
Red personna
EJ badger
RSC cream
Ogallala bay rum limes and peppercorns
Ogallala bay rum cologne

Excellent shave,,,,this post was made from a fog bound train station,,,

MachM said:
Monday:

Proraso pre/post
Palmolive/Erasmic grated into a bowl - frankensoap (inspired by dodgy with his frankenrazor), just grated the remains of two soap sticks into a bowl. It produced some great lather.
Merkur 39c
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
Alum & Witch Hazel
T&H Trafalgar
Nivea ASB

3 passes and a bit of touch up, BBS results. Favourite razor/blade combo this morning, nice!

Same as yesterday, same results.

Back
Top Bottom