SUNDAY EVENING

Aristocrat 21
Gillette Super Stainless (1)
New Forest Super Badger
Arko stick (face lathered)
Alum
Witch hazel
Clinique post shave balm

Lovely razor, but a few nicks from the new blade including one where I slipped on the jaw line.

I bought some of these in the past from dridiot on Fleabay and they were great. These seem, well, crap in comparison (they were the 200 for £20 on Fleabay that was posted elsewhere a few weeks ago).

Makes me wonder if they're seconds or even fakes?

Sunday Night

Gold Dollar 66
Tabac Stick
Vie Long Horse/Badger Mix
Alum
Old Spice Whitewater
20j03gj.jpg

I'm testing this razor out to see how quickly the edge goes off, so I'll be using it all week. So far this is the 2nd shave with it and the result was smooth and comfortable.

Monday, 5.III.2012

Vitos Predopobarba
Semogue LE2011 Bristle 1
Vintage Williams lanolina
Gillette Brit. Tech Fat Handle
Super Iridium
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
Institut Karité ASB
Vintage Willams Aqua Velva

P1050757.jpg

Monday

La toja
Simpsons B1
Polsilver
Progress
Myrsol

Really pleased with the Progress, even on setting 2 I'm finding less stubble to shave off each morning. I thought I was getting a close shave before, but the Progress does much better.

Monday:

Proraso pre/post
Palmolive/Erasmic grated into a bowl - frankensoap (inspired by dodgy with his frankenrazor), just grated the remains of two soap sticks into a bowl. It produced some great lather.
Merkur 39c
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
Alum & Witch Hazel
T&H Trafalgar
Nivea ASB

3 passes and a bit of touch up, BBS results. Favourite razor/blade combo this morning, nice!

Hot flannel
Proraso pre-shave
Truefitt and Hill Sandalwood shave cream
DE89 with Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
Alum
Truefitt and Hill Sandalwood balm

Very rough shave today - face now on fire. I'm no fan of T&H creams - I've tried a few samples now and they just don't do it for me (like the scents though.) However, I'm not laying the blame there.

I switched from old Derby yesterday to new Gillette 7 o'clock yellow today. I'm certain that the problem is that I applied pressure yesterday and I have a feeling I did the same today. I'm guessing that a new G7OY will take a layer of skin off!

Ah well - always the case. You start to get cocky after a month and then the bad habits slip in!

Monday

Cobra Classic
Feather Professional Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Arko Stick
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Got 3 Arko sticks in a trade with Vinny. The scent is, well, a little "industrial", but the lather is superb! Used mine as a stick - slid over face, loaded the brush slightly from the stick, took brush to face and BOOM!

Hopefully the smell will calm down a bit.

Ian

Monday
Hot shower
Wilkinson Blue Bowl with Omega pro 49 as prep lather
Klar Kabinett with Omega 40652
Restored Kropp straight (second, bit smaller one)
Thayers Rose Petal
ARKO Sport a/s cream
Neil Miller beginners strop

Hi! This is my first shave of the day in this forum, so I thought it could be a good opportunity to show some spanish products (discontinued unfortunately :icon_cry2:)

- Pre Art of Shaving Oil Unscented
- stick GAL for Men
- Lijun Finest Badger
- Rotbart 15 with Personna Platinum #5
- Dino Gaetan after shave lotion plus The Real Shaving balm

A decent shave, although I should replace Personna blade, too many uses...

Cheers!

pd.: ups! finally I couldn't add any photo...

Monday:

Truefitt and Hill lavender cream
Edwin Jagger black badger
Merkur 37C Slant
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (2)
Ogalalla bay rum limes and peppercorns

Pretty standard, no surprises. 3 passes, smooth and fresh.

Monday

Prep: Hot flannel for a couple of minutes.
Soap: Pamolive Shave Stick (now squished into a bowl)
Brush: Edwin Jagger Best Badger
Razor: Merkur 34c HD
Blade: 7 O'Clock Super Platinum (3)
Post shave: Professor Blighty - Universal Balsam
Cologne Truefitt & Hill Spanish Leather

A really nice shave. Funny how just having a really good shave changes your day. Even felt good taking the kids to school but then that could be because I want the peace and quiet at home! :icon_razz:

Tall_Paul said:
SUNDAY EVENING

Aristocrat 21
Gillette Super Stainless (1)
New Forest Super Badger
Arko stick (face lathered)
Alum
Witch hazel
Clinique post shave balm

Lovely razor, but a few nicks from the new blade including one where I slipped on the jaw line.

I bought some of these in the past from dridiot on Fleabay and they were great. These seem, well, crap in comparison (they were the 200 for £20 on Fleabay that was posted elsewhere a few weeks ago).

Makes me wonder if they're seconds or even fakes?

On the strength of this I dug out a packet of Green's from the pack of 200's we all bought from the same supplier to give them a try.
I must be honest, paired with a 34c it gave a lovely shave. Had me worried when you mentioned they gave a bad shave.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Marshall Fields two band
'Webly'/Schick Plus Platinum (NOS)
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation)
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Floris 'Santal' EdT

This is the sixth shave with this frankenrazor/blade combo and it's just as good as the first one. Yeah, this blade feels like it hasn't lost any sharpness and is still very smooth. Usually I toss the old blade after 4 shaves, but no reason to do that as of yet.

BBS results,

Martin

Simple face wash gel
Feather AC - SS
Feather blade Pro
Simpsons Chubby 1
Mitchells Woolfat
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
Botanics Moisturiser SPF 15
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas Eau De Parfum

Jamie

A first class shave from the Feather, one pass with touch up.

001-3.jpg

Gillette Rocket HD with Permasharp blade
L'occitane shaving cream
Henk walnut silvertip brush
Professor Blighty's Universal Shaving Balm - lime

Got the rocket back from replating about three or four weeks ago but was saving using it till today as my birthday treat (been admiring how good the replated is in the meantime). Had a feeling this blade would work well in it and it really did. Excellent in fact. When I first got this razor, in a grotty condition but mechanically sound, I was impressed by the build but not by the shave. I even had it up for sale before I decided I liked it and got it replated. I seemed to not realise it works best with a more obtuse angle than most others I use. Once I sussed it I saw the appeal.
With an Arisrocrat on its way (hopefully rhodium model not a similar looking aluminium handle) I hope to have a new addition for my top five double edge razors!

Back
Top Bottom