SOTD w/c Sat 26 May to Fri 1 June

Mikael said:
[I got an used camera, in good nick, if you're interested ...

Oh boy, now he wants to get me started in photography for my next 'hobby'. Finally gave up on the straights did you?

My problem is I take lousy pics.....always have. Now my dad was the photographer in my family. He'd always be asked to take some shots for private gatherings and also public functions like dog shows. Yeah, they were members of the Chicago Bulldog Club. He had a bunch of equipment that went to a very nice 14 year old kid who got lots of use outta the stuff before buying himself a very expensive Sony DSLR last year

Heh, I actually have a pretty good camera that I picked up at an estate sale a while back, so it's not the equipment that's bad.

Sorry Mikey, you missed the mark with this offer to help as well.

Martin

Ohhhhh, wait a second. Was that a subtle suggestion that I include a pic with my SOTD post? You Swedelanders always talk so mysteriously...like Ingemar Bergman.....or is that Ingrid? I get em mixed up.

dodgy said:
Ohhhhh, wait a second. Was that a subtle suggestion that I include a pic with my SOTD post? You Swedelanders always talk so mysteriously...like Ingemar Bergman.....or is that Ingrid? I get em mixed up.

Well, we had both and what's saying it didn't have two meanings ... :D
220px-Ingrid_Bergman_in_Notorious_Trailer.jpg

Bulldog moisturiser
Professor Blighty's Grapewood shaving soap
My new mint Fatboy on 6, 4 with Polsilver Super Iridium
Proraso pre- and post- shave cream

First shave with my new razor and these blades. Sadly the shave was very rough and not a massive reduction in stubble. Gave up with the blade after dialling down during the second pass. Put in a Bleue Extra (3rd shave) which was much better but face was sore by now so didn't get the closeness I usually like. At least the pass with the Bleue shows there's nothing wrong with the fatboy. I'll brave the Polsilver SI again in a different razor at some point and see how it goes. Was expecting a great shave and the packet doesn't say Tractor and Thimble. Anyone else tried these?

Wednesday:

T+H 1805 cream
Penhaligons nickel / best brush
Jagger DE87
Gillette 7 OC yellow (2)
Taylors bay rum

2 standard passes and yeah, a pretty good result, I'm going easy as I have a big job interview tomorrow afternoon so I'm saving up a really close shave until then. Have a good day everyone.

Wednesday:

Vitos pre-shave
Professor Blighty's Harlequin soap
Omega silvertip
English Long Comb New/Weber Bulldog handle
Gillette 7 o'clock Yellow (1)
Professor Blighty's Green Ginger AS

Very nice indeed, BBS results.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap, cold water
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (4)
Brush: Simpson Commodore X3 in Best
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 in two-band best
Soap: D R Harris Marlborough
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger
Scent: Trumper's GFT

Another good cold-water shave. The Duke is very nice. Surprised it's not a little bigger - very similarly sized and feeling to my Tulip 2 in two-band as far as the knot goes, which is no bad thing.

Todays vinage razor
20120530218.jpg

A 1958 ball end tech, with a beautifully machined solid brass handle,and an acid etched diamond Gillette logo.

It's a gentleman of a razor, mild, but heavy, and with a twist.... you have to lern to use the extra weight to your advantage.
It's all part of the fun,
and it chomps through my thick beard with no problem thanks to the extra weight
The shave...

1958 ball end tech
Feather blade
TI brush
Bluebeards revenge shaving cream
Geo.F.Trumper Sandlewood Skin Food to finish

BSS WTG Always a pleasure to meet your aquatance sir.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Polo 8 by Simpson
Razor: De Pew
Soap: Nannys Ice and a slice (+small click of Proraso)
AS: Blue Floid
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Scuttle and brush in the fridge for 20 minutes and I got a monkey of my back today - I finally had a go at a De Pew :D It was nice, but small and I think it needs to get sharper (I did a couple of laps on some CBN, but it's not enough, I think).
0231024x641.jpg

... and some:
016800x530.jpg

Mikael said:
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Polo 8 by Simpson
Razor: De Pew
Soap: Nannys Ice and a slice (+small click of Proraso)
AS: Blue Floid
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Scuttle and brush in the fridge for 20 minutes and I got a monkey of my back today - I finally had a go at a De Pew :D It was nice, but small and I think it needs to get sharper (I did a couple of laps on some CBN, but it's not enough, I think).
0231024x641.jpg

... and some:
016800x530.jpg

That's a nice mini straight ,has nice curves

wednesday
white proraso pre post
NF silvertip 2213
Proraso Green Soap
FT rocket + shark SS (2)
Thayers Superhazel
Proraso ASB

result: 1 pass only + touch ups today as late for work. nice and comfortable.

No time for a straight shave today so I brought the R41 out of retirement

Razor R41
Prep Proraso pre
Soap Tabac
Brush Simpsons chubby 2 in best
AS Floid amber
1 pass WTG
1 pass ATG

This was my first de shave in a long time , I was amazed at how my technique had stepped up a couple of levels since straight shaving took its grip ( amazing shave )

Steve.

merkur HD
rapira ss
simpsons berkeley best badger
palmolive shaving soap
444/ pashana AS

excellent shave. im really liking the rapira blade, no fuss and no irriation. i bought 100 of these last week on the strength of two shaves and im wishing id ordered more now.

Good morning friends!

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: New Forest Tubby2
SOAP/CREAM: Geo. F. Trumper's Sandalwood Shaving Soap
SCUTTLE / BOWL: Georgetown Pottery Scuttle
RAZOR: BUDDEL Custom 8/8" (w/ Desert ironwood scales)
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Geo. F. Trumper West Indian Extract of Limes Skin Food
RESULT: One amazing shave
DECORATION: Chinese Golden Toad Tea Tray Display Ornament/Mascot *

SODT_BUDDEL_B-4.jpg

* The golden toad is a legendary creature in ancient China, who is regarded as the dragon's brother. It is widely used in many decoration areas in China, since it is said it can bring the fortunes. Hence, the golden toad is a symbol of wealth and treasure in China.

Have a nice day,
Béla​

Back
Top Bottom