SOTD w/c Sat 25th Feb- Fri 2nd Mar. incl.

Merkur 38B
Big Ben (2)
GFT/Trumpers Rose/Trumpers Almond
Kent BK4
Floid Blue
No EDT

Yes, a mix of three creams, simply because I had these as part of the Trumpers sample set and having had 2 shaves from each, there wasn't really enough for a 3rd shave in any of them, so I scraped out the remains of all and mixed them up. The Almond pretty much overpowered the other two scents anyway, which is pretty much the reason I didn't really like the GFT Almond nor Cella - although I quite like Almond as a scent, it is just way too overpowering during a shave that I find it a bit sickly. I prefer the lighter, fresher scents hence why I like a lot of the TOBS and T&H 'named' scents, rather than specific 'flavour' scents. (I really want to find a better way of categorising what I mean here)

Saturday:

D.R. Harris lavander/Edwin Jagger Barley with Polsilver/Semogue EL 2010/Weleda Balsam/Weleda lotion

P1230674.jpg

Sunday:

D.R. Harris Marlborough SC/Edwin Jagger with Astra/Semogue EL. 2010 /The Body Shop Maca Balsam

pic1-1.jpg

Sunday Evening

Merkur 11c
Supermax SS (1)
Wilkinson Sword Boar
Arko Soap Stick

Henk's #6 Dutch Moss ASB
Brut AS

Three pass, face lather.

Excellent. As near to a BBS as I've had for a while. The 11c really is the business.

Let's also hear it for the most under-estimated boar brush out there; once broken in it is a really top performer with soaps.

:icon_razz:

Proraso pre/post
Vitos coconut
Muhle R89
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (3)
Alum & Witch Hazel
Pinaud vanilla

3 passes and touch up, near BBS, just a few small patches.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (5)
Soap: Pre de Provence
Brush: New Forest High Mountain Badger
Balm: Bulldog
Scent: Trumper's GFT
Result: not bad

No major damage today, anyway. Managed not to recut the wound from Saturday, at least.

L'Occitane Bavx soap
Razor Feather AC - SS
Blade Feather Pro
Brush Le Tuft Chubby 1.5
Shaving Cream Vulfix Persian Musk
Alum + Propolis
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
Botanics Moisturiser SPF 15
L'Occitante Bavx EDT.

Jamie.

One pass shave with minor touch up, L'Occitane Bavx my all time favourite fragrance, and the Vulfix Persian Musk also my all time favourite smelling shaving cream, if you haven't tried this cream yet, I strongly advise you to give it a go, sublime scent.

002-3.jpg

MONDAY 27/2/12.

razor ikon oss.
blade polsilver.
brush simpsons milkchurn.
soap vitos almond.
pree shave vitos.
post shave vitos.
colonge pereja citrus/turkish.

a super shave with some reall favorits the solection is vast now a little more reserved 40 years ago when i first d/e shaved. mind you i like a good solection the only problem is the bathroom turns to a chemist shop in no time.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Rooney badger
1970s M type adjustable injector/Gillette Platinum Plus (NOS)
EJ Sea Buckthorn SS
Malizia Vetyver AS
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

Excellent shave with this razor/blade combo. The right blade makes all the difference and these old Gillettes are something special....sharp and smooth.

BBS results,

Martin

Monday Morning:

EJDE89
Red Personna (2)
EJ Badger
Proraso Cream and Balm
CK One EDT

This was supposed to be a leisurely head and face shave. However I went into a bit of a trance whilst doing the noggin and ended up slicing a bump on my head which gets nicked from time to time.
Bit of talc, cream, dabbing has calmed it down. The rest of the shave was good though.

Blyth Spirit said:
Sunday Evening

Merkur 11c
Supermax SS (1)
Wilkinson Sword Boar
Arko Soap Stick
Excellent. As near to a BBS as I've had for a while. The 11c really is the business.

I agree with that 11 c being a good little shaver but it was not anywhere near as aggressive as i thought it would be, i was hoping mid way between the mad R41 and the excellent 34c but alas not so, the search continues :icon_sad:.

Monday:

Merkur Slant 37c
Gillette Platinum (Russian)
Keith 2 band badger
T&H rose cream

I tried this blade for the first time last week - it works really well in both the Slant and HD. And I just can't stop using this cream at the moment. Excellent shave.

Back
Top Bottom