SOTD w/c Sat 25th Feb- Fri 2nd Mar. incl.

IMAG0206.jpg

The soap is vitos almond. Flare tip super speed. Wilkinson Sword modern blade.

Saturday
Merkur Progress
Personna, Red Pack
Simpson Tulip T2 (two-band) Super
Palmolive Shaving Soap
Alcolado Glacial
Proraso Pre/Post
Chanel Cuir De Russie EDT

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Chris crafted custom
Razor: Ant Arrow - Ari Ya
Soap: Provence Santé
AS: TOBS Victorian Lime
Strops: Neil Miller x 3
Result: Uberclean :D

Love this AS, prob not for the ones with dry skin, but the yummy scent's sooo nice :D
003800x569.jpg

... and this mornings cuppu:
016700x486.jpg

SATURDAY LUNCHTIME

Muhle R41
Gillette Super Stainless (2)
Simpsons PJ 2 band
Tabac stick (face lathered)
Alum
Witch hazel
Trumper lime skin food

Couple of small nicks from the Muhle but oh so BBS.

I have to admit, I am liking it a lot even though I've only used it twice. It's my aggressive razor of choice now, so much so that the Joris will be getting flogged shortly.

What are the criteria for awarding oneself a BBS shave declaration. My result today is BBS but with a few mishaps on the way.

I decided that the 30 Day Rule could be truncated to 24 Days because my learning curve has been horizontal for the last couple of days. So the EJ Chatsworth Crome became a Merkur 38011 with a new Derby blade. Instantly, one knows this is a more aggressive razor - or, perhaps, less mild describes it better. All going so welll I got cocky again and drew blood again - but adjusted instead of panicing and finished up BBS, albeit with a nick, a few weepers and a line where I placed the blade too heavily upon my flesh. Alum sorted everything except the nick and styptic fixed that.

Bay Rum atop the alum and Body Shop Maca Root Hommes to put a shine on it.

Started with T&H pre-shave oil whilst I drank my post-shower Peruvian coffee and then Real Shaving Co cream with a Kent BLK4 silvertip.

So - can I claim BBS even I drew blood or is BBS a bloodless coup?

ps Now I know why we like a little more aggression in a razor.

Saturday

Arko soap
Muhle R41
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow
Alum & Witch Hazel
Pinaud Vanilla
Nivea Replenishing ASB

After yesterday's less than perfect shave I swapped the green Gillette for a yellow. Got much better results except for a nick on my neck which the alum sorted out.

I was thinking of switching to a less aggressive razor today, but I'm a stubborn git and refused to change razor until I got a good shave again...job done.

Saturday 25th Feb

Prep - Hot wet flannel with a splash of Tabac AS.
Soap - Tabac
Razor - BRW Bulldog handle with Gillette New Head
Blade - Feather
Brush - Cryril Slater Pure Badger
AS - Tabac

Forsale065.jpg

Result - BBS, but with one nick.

Merkur 38B
Big Ben (1)
TOBS Avocado
Kent BK4
GFT Lime Skin Food
TOBS Jermyn Street Cologne

Much better shave today than yesterday with the Treet. The Big Ben is another of those Lord blades that is actually not all that bad, but again, because they don't get much love on here, I wonder if I often play down their performance. I did seem to think on the first pass it was struggling a bit, but then I ask myself am I just imagining it because in my mind I've kind of already decided it won't be a long term blade choice.

Finished of the Avocado sample, this is a very odd cream for me, at times I think it smells great and at other times I'm less convinced. I think it falls into the category of a cream I probably wouldn't choose to buy myself given the plethora of preferable alternatives, but if I was given one as a gift, I may well keep it and use it from time to time as opposed to selling, binning or piffing it.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

Marshall Fields badger
Stahly-ABC/Gillette Platinum Plus (NOS)
EJ Sea Buckthorn SS
Kramperts Finest bay rum AS
Floris 'Santal' EdT (thanks sizzlingfunk)

Been a while since last using this soap. At one time I was kinda hooked on this stuff and it was a nice reunion of sorts. Great scent,,,,,,,kinda like fruity mango or something.

BBS results,

Martin

Saturday

I've been working in the garden all day, so it was necessary to come in and freshen up.

Using some of my T&H samples I picked up when I was in Town, I rather like this Lime one.

Pre: Hot Shower
Cream: T&H West Indian Limes
Brush: New Forest Super Badger
Razor: Merkur Futur
Blade: Feather (2)
Balm: T&H West Indian Limes
Cologne: T&H West Indian Limes

muhle r41
7 o'clock yellow
shavemac #25 silvertip
trumpers almond shaving cream
boots no7 post shave recovery balm
pinaud classic vanilla AS

really nice, irritation free, smooth shave. got a small nick under the nose when my mind wandered as i was finishing up, alum cleared it up though. im enjoying the r41.

Tonight:

Prep: Hot shower
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (4)
Soap: D R Harris almond
Brush: Neep #947 yew silvertip badger
Result: 1 cm nick on right jawline

Careless and cocky, trying a different approach cavalierly. It's not deep, but it's definitely the biggest wound I've sustained shaving.

I have backed this up by putting on a ring to heat on the cooker rather than the grill, scorching a pan. Then doing it again with a different ring. I now have a smarting face, a flat full of smoke, and a heightened level of despair for my future. Hopefully it's a one-night special.

Back
Top Bottom