SOTD w/c Sat 25th Feb- Fri 2nd Mar. incl.

Prep: quick wash with a shea butter soap, cold rince
Razor: Started with W&B, had to finish off with a 37c (Astra Keramik 2)
Cream: Fitjar Lighthouse
Brush: Duke II best
AS: Old Spice
ASB: Woods of Windsor

BBS. Yep, loving the slant. Straight is still a challenge on the chin.

Did I bugger up cooking my dinner too once I finally got the grill hot? Three guesses, and the first two don't count.

Dr Whisky has now come to visit, and he will be looking after me for the rest of the night. Without sharp, hot or heavy things.

Sunday
Merkur Progress
Personna, Red Pack
Simpson Tulip T2 (two band) Super
Old Spice shaving soap
Old Spice afterhsave

Sunday

Merkur 34c
Shark SS
Valobra Menthol Soft Soap
Semogue 2015
Chanel Égoïste AS
Chanel Égoïste EDT

Pretty fine shave. First outing for the Valobra soft soap. Very good performance as I'd expect from Valobra but slightly strange scent.

Also since last weeks broken mug situation I've been face lathering and it's working out much simpler/faster/less messy etc. However I still managed to get myself a wee something last Sunday for putting the soft soap into. One of these bad boys from Wilkinsons..
http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/oven-to-tableware/wilko-casserole-dish-non-stick-round-small-white-200ml/invt/0301286/?htxt=PsAGyAqy%2FDSGVBgOHPBfATKVETOKIWHcwqoICuDrG%2FxTcDPfxIrYzUvEu76RzzM6wutKTeo9AOCB%0AtDs76aYYKg%3D%3D

Does the job wonderfully, only downside being you can't buy more and stack them on top of each other.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Le Tuft in horn and Abalone, Simpson silvertip knot
Razor: Puma, in custom horn scales and MOP inlays by Neil Miller
Soap: Nannys French Lavender
AS/edt: Lavander
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

Good one, all the way! :D
005800x581.jpg

.. and some:
006700x554.jpg

RE: SOTD w/c Sat 25th Feb- Fri 2nd Mar. incl.
Sunday

Hot Shower then RSC face scrub

RSC cream with BK8 brush
EJ89 with super thin blade -3
alum
RSC balm

very nice smooth shave nice relaxing sunday morning

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Wilkinson Super Sword (NOS)
IK SS used as a stick
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

Loaded a different Super Sword blade from a pack in another lot and this blade performed like it should. Yeah, turns out not all of those shave the same.....sheesh.

BBS results,

Martin

Sunday

Proraso pre/post
Vitos coconut soap
Muhle R89
Gillette Yellow (2)
Alum & Witch Hazel
T&H Trafalgar

Great smooth shave, top results. The Vitos lather is great, it smells great too.

SUNDAY EVENING

Aristocrat #16
Gillette Super Stainless (1)
Simpsons PJ 2 band
Arko stick (face lathered)
Alum
Witch hazel
Castle Forbes AS balm

Week 2 of my Aristo testing and so far I would say the 16 is ahead. The 15 seems to punish a bad blade much more than the 16 does, I would say it's a wee bit more aggressive.

Anyway, very nice shave tonight albeit with a couple of small nicks. Superb lather as always from Arko.

Sunday Night

A thoroughly British line up!

Rolls Razor
Simpson 57
Nanny's Ice & a Slice hard soap
Alum
Pashana Original AS
300fhna.jpg

I bought a couple of Rolls Razors last year and managed to put together 1 good one and some spares. I did hone the best blade on my coticule but alas although I was able to get one of the blades sharp enough to shave it was never as good as a real straight, I put this down to not being able to strop properly. So today I replaced the leather on a strop and put Crox powder on another strop that was just about OK. So I went with the internal hone then moved onto the Crox strop then onto the newly refurbished strop.

I then checked the HHT and it was brilliant. Tonight's shave was excellent, the angle of the handle means that I can do an ATG stroke on the awkward bits of my neck and the safety bar meant that I was happy to do the equivalent of the fools pass.

I never really aim for a BBS but tonight it was so easy and the feedback from the alum and aftershave was negligible. I must bring this into my rotation properly!

Back
Top Bottom