SOTD w/c Sat 24th - Fri 30th December

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Muhle 25 mm silvertip
Razor: C V Heljestrand 9½
Soap: La Toja M
AS: Code by Armani
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Love this 1/4 hollow blade, seems to have all the best from both Sheffield and Eskilstuna in it :D
013800x563.jpg

TUESDAY MORNING

IMAG0204.jpg

Ikon Shavemaster
Polsilver (2)
Simpson Persian Jar 2 band
Trumper Sandalwood cream
Trumper lime skin food

Took me a while to get used to the Ikon, you have to hold it at a much steeper angle than most other DE razors and there's a knack to loading the blade too.

However it delivered a lovely shave today and the Polsilvers are great too. I shall be ordering 100 shortly.

Nice relaxing shave today:

Music ; Queen - Sheer Heart Attack

hot shower, for a change I though I'd use some Proraso pre-post as a pre-shave (just for the scent, I don't find it makes a blind bit of difference to the shave)

EJde89 Barley
Jewel (3rd and last)
Nanny's French Lavender
Vulfix 404 bodger

two passes plus touchups

Sunbury Bay Rum
Proraso pre-post

nice shave, don't think the jewel blade works for me in the EJ though, close enough shave but I think the stubble will be back sooner than usual - hey ho, means I get to shave again sooner:icon_razz::icon_razz:

Tuesday
Started off well! Yes, for the 1st time in awhile took a gouge out of my cheek. Muehle 41... No, the "old head!!" using a Shark. Some how I did it with the corner of the blade.
Used the TSR's Vergulde Hand soap. Alum and the styptic pencil.
I'll be more careful tomorrow!

Merkur 38B
Feather (2)
GFT Violet Cream
Semogue 610
GFT Lime Skin Food
GFT Marlborough Cologne

Decent Shave, having had a TOBS week and a T&H week, I'm going for a Trumpers week, as I now have the sample pack.
Although the Violet and Lime Skin Food I've had for ages, the Marlborough Cologne was a new one. It reminds me of something I've used before though.

Having a Rocket HD week so I can get used to it and get the most from it.
Shark Super stainless
D R Harris Marlborough cream
Henk silvertip walnut badger brush
Boots freshwood balm

First time I have ever got a really good lather out of this hard cream. And what a lather! My boar was useless with this cream in particular so it didn't get much use. Now I intend to use it a lot!
The shark blade drew a few bloodspots in the Rocket but nothing like yesterday's 70s Gillette Platinum. This took three passes but did give me a good shave. It was more work than yesterday's one but there was about 7 or 8 hours' more stubble.

I think this is a good start pairing: rocket and shark

Tuesday 27th:

Truefitt and Hill hard soap
Penhaligons super badger / nickel brush
Merkur 37C slant bar
Feather (1)
Ogalalla bay rum limes and peppercorns

A tiny nick on the top lip, this slant has given me its first little kiss. It now has my full attention... with a blade gap like that, it was always going to happen.

Canuck said:
Merkur 37C slant bar
Feather (1)

A tiny nick on the top lip, this slant has given me its first little kiss. It now has my full attention... with a blade gap like that, it was always going to happen.

Feather / Slant are great together.

Wednesday:
Merkur Pogress
Personna, Red Pack
Simpson Tulip T2, two-band
D R Harris Almond soap
Blenheim Bouquet EDT

L'Occitane Bavx soap
Razor Feather Artist Club - SS
Blade Feather Light
Brush Le Tuft Le une grande custom
Mitchells Woolfat
Alum + Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
L'Occitane Bavx EDT

Jamie.

Haven't used the Feather AC - SS for a little while, it still delivered a super shave, two pass shave with minor touch up.

001-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom