Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson, Polo 8
Razor: Garanti, Silversteel
Soap: Provence Santé
AS: Proraso
Edt: Kenzo, L'euapar
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Lovely edt that I got for a steal, approx £ 18 for almost a full 100 ml bottle, at a close out sale.
029800x672.jpg

... and this mornings shot of:
001800x747.jpg

Thursday

Merkur Progress
Gillette Platinum Blade (Swede)
New Forest 2201 Brush
Cella
L'Occitane Cade ASB

Same kit, but an even better result than yesterday.

Ian

IanM said:
Thursday

Merkur Progress
Gillette Platinum Blade (Swede)
New Forest 2201 Brush
Cella
L'Occitane Cade ASB

Same kit, but an even better result than yesterday.

Ian

I can't rate the Merkur Progress highly enough.

Fair dues, you've also paired it with a very good blade, but even with a humble Personna Red it is head and shoulders above every other DE razor I've ever used.

Thursday:

Fatboy (on 7)
7 o'clock green SS
Neep box wood silvertip
Truefitt & Hill sandalwood cream
Truefitt & Hill 1805 asb

First shave back at home after a 5-day festive break away visiting family.

I've tried a few of the T& H creams since Boxing Day (I received the sample pack of creams, asb and colognes as my one and only shaving related crimbo gift this year :icon_smile:). I have found the performance of the creams to be very good, but the scents I've sampled so far are unremarkable - very subtle, so subtle that I didn't detect much difference between the Lavender and Sandalwood, and the 1805 seemed virtually unscented.

After using my trusty Merkur HD while away, it was fun to try the Fatboy again. It seems to give very little feedback, and it's hard to feel if it is actually cutting the stubble. It is cutting though, and very effectively - 2 passes left very smooth results today.

Thursday

Thomas Turner & Co "Lancet Edge"
Vie Long Horse and Badger Mix
Nanny's Ice and a Slice hard soap
Alum
Pashana Original
qx5vuw.jpg

Awesome shave now I'm off out on a pub crawl with some friends.

This evening:

Hot shower
Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (9)
Cella soap
Neep #55 soapstone badger

A glorious smell (I don't like to eat marzipan, but love the scent), and quick, easy and effective to lather. Is it a soft soap or a firm cream? No matter, great stuff. All in all, another first-rate shave, with no balm even remotely required.

Merkur 38B
Lord Super Chrome (3)
Trumpers Almond Cream
Kent BK4
Trumpers Lime Skin Food
Trumpers Skye EDT

Very good shave again, continuing ploughing through my Trumpers sample set. I've confirmed that I really don't like shaving with Almond scents though. I gave up on the Cella and I can't see me using the rest of this sample (probably only 1-2 shaves left anyway). It's odd really, I wouldn't say I dislike the smell as such, but I just find it an overpowering scent that I just don't enjoy that much.

Can't argue with the performance, but it's equal to other Trumper scents that I prefer, so I'll stick with them.

As for the Skye - not really keen. I read a review recently saying that Skye is suited to twentysomething and the same man would then wear Marlborough as a thirtysomething. There might be something in that, as I quite liked the Marlborough sample and I am in my 30's, but I really don't think Skye would have been something I would have worn in my 20's, if I'm honest.

Francorelli said:
Thursday:

Fatboy (on 7)

After using my trusty Merkur HD while away, it was fun to try the Fatboy again. It seems to give very little feedback, and it's hard to feel if it is actually cutting the stubble. It is cutting though, and very effectively - 2 passes left very smooth results today.

What's doin,

The lack of feedback is one of the things I like most about that razor. For me, not feeling the blade on my face or much vibration from the handle are both pluses. Ideally, shaving mostly by sound is the way to go for the perfect shave.

I'm glad the Fatboy's a good fit for you,

Martin

Thursday night.

Merkur 34c
Red Personna (2)
NF2201
Arko Bowl Soap

Boots' Freshwood ASB

Three pass, face lather.

Very slight change of soap but the same result. I cannot sing the praises of the Freshwood ASB highly enough - £2.30 for >100ml., easily available and a top, top performer.

Still constantly nose blowing! Still bluuurrrggghhh.

Back
Top Bottom