SOTD w/c Sat 21th April - Fri 27th April ...

Wilkinson Sword unknown DE razor
Gillette Super Thin Platinum, 2nd shave
Bulldog moisturiser
Nanny's Yushu soap
Bulldog aftershave balm

Decent shave. Due to the huge diagonal cut into my chin I'm growing a temporary goatee

Thursday

Muhle R41
Astra SP Blade
Semogue 2000 Brush
Vitos Super Coconut Soap
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Back to a modern razor, today. Having an R41 in your hand it a great way to get focused early in the morning.

One pass WTG and touch up; all that is required with this razor. No fluid leakage to report :)

Ian

Wednesday:

Vitos pre-shave
Professor Blightly's Harlequin soap
Ever Ready 1912 SE
GEM SE blade (2)
T&H Trafalgar

Thursday:
Vitos pre-shave
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Gillette Aristocrat Jr.
Gillette 7 o'clock green (1)
Pinaud Clubman

BBS and comfortable both days.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Chubby 3
Razor: Bartmann
Superlather: Dr Harris Almond + Proraso cream
AS: Fonex, Malibu
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

What a nice razor! I've been wanting a Bartmann for a long time and finally I got my hands on this one. It's a big blade, 15/16 and it's very well balanced in both design/looks and function, if you ask me. I also got a bonus when I decided to mix Dr H with Proraso and I got one of my all time high lathers :)
0051024x745.jpg

... and my coffee shot of the day:
008700x481.jpg

Thurs

37C with 7 o'clock yellow (2) for 1st pass, EJ89L with same blade for rest of shave
Vulfix 404 bristle-badger
Palmolive stick as puck
Ogallala bay rum limes & peppercorns
RSC balm

A very nice whisker whacking. The Yellow felt great in the EJ for XTG and ATG. Thanks to Canuck for the loan of the 37C, it'll be wending it's way home tomorrow. I liked it, though I found it a bit over aggressive for comfortable ATG, perhaps I would sort that out if I get one and have the time to perfect my technique with it. Other razors to try first though.

20120426150.jpg

The frankintech, thank you Oscar for the handle it works a treat:heart:
dove soap face wash, hot facecloth prep, wilkinson sword blade, taylor's sandlewood shaving cream, E-oil, geo.f.trumper sandlewood skinfood to fin
BSS WTG. Not bad shave for a 1920's head-1960's handle, the first pass was a bit "your the monkey, and I'm the cheese grater"( just say that in a south london acent ) but once the beard was down it was a nice shave. :icon_smile:

Prep Simple face wash gel
Razor Feather AS - D1
Feather Blade 1
Le Tuft Chubby 1.5 in lignum vitae
Mitchells Woolfat
Alum & Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Baux Balm
Botanics moisturiser SPF 15
Coty Raw Vanilla Eau de cologne

Jamie.

Two pass shave, didn't use the straight razor today, i'm off to a funeral, and a funeral's in Wales can often be better than a wedding, Welsh baptist church lots of singing with fire and brimstone from the baptist minister, then off on the pop for the day, they do love a good funeral in the Valleys.

003-2.jpg

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
'Webly'/Wilkinson Sword Edge (NOS)
TSD coconut SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Aramis 'Havana' EdT (vintage juice)

Nice change of pace today....switched the Personna74 blade out for one of these old Wilkinsons. This blade is almost as sharp as the Personna, but more forgiving. It's a great fit for this mild frankenrazor.

BBS results,

Martin

Attachments

• Havana.jpg
    Havana.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Wilkinson Sword Edge gray pack (Small).jpg
    Wilkinson Sword Edge gray pack (Small).jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 15
Same razor as yesterday but with theoriginal handle - diddy little thing but it made it impossible to use any/too much pressure. It only lasted for the first pass, though - I then switched handles and used one from my Merkur 23C. This gave a much more agressive feel to the shave.

This head and handle will become part of my rotation and the 23C won't be pif'd as I'd been thinking since the Weber made it redundant.

Will someone please ID the Gillette razor for me? I've deleted the PM that told me and I can't find it in Mr Razor - though it's common enough. Made in England.

DSC001661.jpg

DSC001671.jpg

DSC001681.jpg

Really good, close, comfortable shave witha NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (2) and lots of TLC afterwards.

Prep: Face wash, clinique soap then hot flannel for a minute or two.
Razor: Gillette Slim '66
Blade: Feather
Brush: Kent BS10
Software: Penhaligons Blenheim Bouquet cream
Post Prep: Clinique Post-Shave Soother Beard Control Formula

Back
Top Bottom