SOTD w/c Sat 21th April - Fri 27th April ...

TUESDAY EVENING

Ikon OSS
Gillette Bleue Extra (4)
Semogue 2011 LE Boar 2
TSD Coconut soap (scuttle lathered) - many thanks to his Dodginess for this one
Witch hazel
Bulldog AS balm

Cracking shave tonight. The shave of the week so far I think.

The soap is really, really good. Right up there with my best. Odd scent though, it's definitely coconut but there's something else I can't put my finger on. It's nice though.

And the blade is still going strong! These old Bleues are top notch.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (8)
Brush: Neep #1145 onyx chess pawn 26mm extra silvertip badger
Soap: Prof Blighty's Rosewood
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Rosewood
Scent: Trumper's Sandalwood
Result: outstanding again.

As I'd hoped when ordering the aftershave, the combination of scents here made me happy all day. Lovely.

Razor: EJDE89L
Blade: Shark SS (3)
Brush: Semogue 830
Soap : Erasmic Stick
A/S I: Thayers Lemon
A/S II: Weleda Balm

240420121132.jpg

Schick M Adjustable with modern Personna injector blade
Bulldog moisturiser
Nanny's Forest of Norway
Bulldog aftershave balm

Crap shave. Blade on first pass was tuggy and after three passed produced a mediocre shave. In my quest to get a closer shave I applied pressure and this was fine everywhere except the middle of my chin where I tore a one inch section out and had to frantically apply styptic every few minutes while getting ready this morning.
I'm taking a styptic pencil to work today.
Soap and bulldog products nice

Wednesday

Gillette New (3 piece job that arrived yesterday)
Astra Super Platinum Blade
Semigue 2000 Brush
Vitos Super Coconut
Bulldog ASB

Ian

Hot Towel Prep
TOBS Jermyn St
Gentlemen's Tonic Super Badger
"Lummus" Wade & Butcher Rattler Grind 6/8 Humpback
T & H West Indian Limes ASB
Stropped on Kangaroo

My favourite razor only comes out occasionally, Beautiful, comfortable shave off this near 200 year old.

Off to The RAF Museum, Hendon to show my little boy some big ole bombers:)

Hot towel prep
Proraso pre-shave
Nanny's Down Home Summer / Kent BK2
Gillette Slim Adjustable (set at 5) with 7o'clock yellow (first use)
Alum
Speick A/S
Boots No. 7 Balm

First test of my newly acquired adjustable. Lovely, lovely shave. Nice and close yet with little alum sting.

It seems a very nice razor indeed. I'll use it a few more times, but if I get on very well with it I might consider a re-plating. Does anyone have any views one way or the other with this?

Re: RE: SOTD w/c Sat 21th April - Fri 27th April ...

ChopperHarris said:
Hot towel prep
Proraso pre-shave
Nanny's Down Home Summer / Kent BK2
Gillette Slim Adjustable (set at 5) with 7o'clock yellow (first use)
Alum
Speick A/S
Boots No. 7 Balm

First test of my newly acquired adjustable. Lovely, lovely shave. Nice and close yet with little alum sting.

It seems a very nice razor indeed. I'll use it a few more times, but if I get on very well with it I might consider a re-plating. Does anyone have any views one way or the other with this?
I say go for it. Had three razors replated and all look far better for it. Some prefer to keep them original but I think it is restoration of a sort

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Custom by Chris w two band
Razor: Sum Extra, Solingen
Cream: Proraso
AS: Ogallala L&P
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very close :)

Today was edge test day too and even though I really like this kind of blade, like this Sum Extra, it had either gotten a little dull while I was sanding some stains/spots away yesterday (don't do anything but shave, after you hone, ok :icon_rolleyes:) or I was a little off re the honing. I was going to try the Gong out too, but just kept going with the Zum ... The Gong's prob the best preserved NOS razor I've ever found (it was dripping with oil in it's box and after I wiped it off, it looks like a brand new razor. Amazing).
0071024x767.jpg

Thank god that beard has gone, just one day without shaving is quiet enough thank you, I'm not suprised that nobody wants the nivea post shave balm, so I gess Mr .22 air rifle gets an outing then.

dove soap wash,hot towl face prep, flare tip silver, feather blade, Bluebeards revenge shaving cream,e-oil sandlewood skin food to fin,
BSS WTG, :heart::heart::heart:.

Today, a full sandalwood shave!

344tibs.jpg

Pre Geo F. Trumper Skinfood Sandalwood + Proraso "red" sandal sample + Simpson Duke3 Best + Merkur Futur at 2 with Astra blue #2 + Thayers Lavender "alum" + Geo F. Trumper Skinfood Sandalwood with The Real Shaving balm

Today a have tested this new Proraso that a friend gently sent me and I had very good sensations with it. I got a thick, creamy foam, very similar to top-ten english shaving creams with good properties! The scent probably is the major con, I couldn't appreciate it much because Skinfood smells far stronger and better.

Cheers!

Wednesday:

EJ Chatsworth
Bleue Extra
New Forest High Mountain
TOBS Sandalwood Cream
OS AS
Nivea ASB.

Good to be home with all of my supplies...!

Back
Top Bottom