SOTD w/c Sat 21th April - Fri 27th April ...

Monday:

Vitos pre-shave
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Omega silvertip
Ever Ready Streamline SE
GEM SE Blade (5)
Professor Blighty's Isen Vann AS

Didn't shave yesterday, the Streamline just mowed through two days of stubble. BBS results.

37C with 7 o'clock yellow
EJ pure badger
Ingram
RSC balm

Nice result. Though the slant doesn't seem to make any difference to how hard I have to work on my neck.

50fn88.jpg

Pre Art of Shaving Unscented Oil + Speick shaving cream + Semogue 1335 + Merkur Futur at 2.5 with Astra azul #1 + Thayers Lavender "alum" + "Prof. B Green Ginger" sample with The Real Shaving balm

A good shave although with some itching in my neck... this Green Ginger liked me more than the other, because it doesn't smell so sweet than the others and has an interesting woody scent. But I had to use double dose of balm to compensate the skin irritation...

As you can see, this 1335 is starting to loose its painting after some months of sporadic use. It's a fault that happens to many Semgogue wood colour painted handles but considering that this concrete model is so cheap it doesn't worry me much...

Cheers!

Dove soap hot towl prep,50s gold plated tec, Razor Rock,feather blade, All went well BSS WTG tryed some Nivea post shave balm sensitive skin alcohol free, reactated to my face :mad: soothes & protects my fucking arse, if any body wants it PM me your address and you can bloody well have it free of charge, if not will shoot it with my air rifle,death by shooting that'll lern it:mad:

Boots No 7 mens face wash.
TOBS Super badger brush.
Lavanda shaving cream
Muhle R89 with Personna red
Wilkinson sword Hydro balm
Estee Lauder Pleasures for men EDT.

Nice shave today, the Lavanda cream is great stuff.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Neep custom in Masur birtch handle and x-tra stuffed silvertip
Razor: Magna by Koeller & co
Soap: Cade
AS: Prada
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Uberclean :D

I've been going a little to close lately and I can feel that I'm on the edge, so to speak :)
0031024x690.jpg

... and:
002700x484.jpg

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (7)
Brush: Neep #1145 onyx chess pawn 26mm extra silvertip badger
Soap: Trumper's West Indian Limes
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger
Scent: Trumper's GFT
Result: extremely close, very comfortable

Gave the soap an extra couple of minutes on the face today. I still can't decide whether this actually makes a difference or not.

monday

white proraso pre post
Neo custom 2 band
Nannys Yushu Soap
FT Rocket + super personna (4)
Thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB

result: 2passes + touch ups. very nice and smooth.

MONDAY EVENING

Ikon OSS
Gillette Bleue Extra (3)
Semogue 2011 LE Boar 2
Klar Kabinett (scuttle lathered)
Witch hazel
Castle Forbes AS balm

Something wasn't quite right yesterday and my face has been a bit sore all day.

Not sure what it was so went back to some old standbys tonight, and also palm stropped the blade.

What a difference! No cuts, no irritation and BBS.

To be fair, the KK is an utterly fantastic soap and the Semogue is starting to finally break in but, personally, I do get better results with hard soaps with my boars so I'll save Nannys new soft soap until I rotate to a badger brush (which will be when my new Simpsons arrives this week).

Back
Top Bottom