SOTD w/c Sat 21th April - Fri 27th April ...

Saturday: (couldn't post yesterday)
Rare shave for me, growing an 'Imperial'.

Merkur Progress
Personna, Red Pack
EJ Best Badger Brush

Chanel Cuir De Russie.

Football / Rugby / Beer day. Started in Hooters, then we went to the Notts County vs Bury match. We stayed in the ground to watch the Nottingham vs London Welsh rugby match before heading back into town to the Lincolnshire Poacher (probably most famous 'real ale' pub in the region).

Nice day out.

20120422%252002.jpg

new.jpg

Sunday:
Soap: Cella
Brush: Rooney Large in Best
Razor: DE89
Blade: Yellow (1)
Face Lather, 3 Pass + Touch up
Cella is a wonderful soap, lather in seconds, super glide
Results Very, very clean!!
Jim
Ps this is my old waking mate Patsy, we have just returned after a 6 M walk along the shore!!

Sunday

Schick Type E De Luxe
Personna Blade (several shaves in)
Omega Boar Brush
Palmolive Classic Lather Shaving Cream
E45
Speick

Enjoying a series of shaves from the Schick injector; very efficient shaving tool!

New open comb 1930s
Nivea moisturiser as pre
A mix of leftover slices of soaps: Roger and Gallet L'Homme, Culmak, Vitos almond or coconut
Dropped the ramekin due to slippery soap fingers and chipped it.
Bleue Extra NOS (2nd shave)

Decent shave.

Saturday

37C with 7 O'Clock black
Vulfix Grosevenor bristle & badger
GFT almond soap
Ogallala bay run limes & peppercorns
RSC balm

Decent result, 2nd shave with this blade. Draggy ATG compared to the first, resulting in some irritation on my neck. No shave on Sunday as a consequence.

Semogue 2010ltd
Proraso Red
Wade & Butcher from the Lummus collection
Nivea Sensitive ASB

I am really getting into this Proraso Red, subtle sandalwood, great lather thick n creamy:)

2 pass with touch up, almost BBS

My first post in SOTD after two weeks DE shaving

Prep hot water
Razor. Merkur 34C
Blade. Astra Platinum
Brush AOS fine badger
Soap Nannys Down Home Summer sample
Post shave. Clinique moisture surge extra

I was l lucky enought to be sent a sample of Susan's new soap up until now I have been using my AOS Ocean Kelp cream which has been superb so Nannys had a lot to live up to

Firstly the scent I am not good at describing the scent but to me it reminded me of a walk in the bluebell woods fresh and strong and I really liked it. More importantly my wife and seventeen year old daughter agreed

Lathering a little harder than the cream which I think is normal but still I got a good protective lather The protective qualities were superb and I have had three DFS in the last few days with this mornings being the best. No nicks or weeper any day

I will be placing an order with Susan very shortly.

SUNDAY EVENING

Ikon OSS
Gillette Bleue Extra (2)
Semogue 2011 LE Boar 2
Nannys Down Home Summer (scuttle lathered)
Witch hazel
Clinique post shave balm

On the plus side, Sharon's new soap is lovely. I really like the smell of vetyver (I've got a hard soap of hers with it too).

On the negative side I think I had a spot on my neck. Didn't half make me jump when I went over it and it bled for England!! Had to attack it with a styptic pencil.

Apart from that, a nice shave ready for Monday morning.

Given that the Home and Away omnibus is currently playing on the TV I decided to take the opportunity to have an evening shave.

Hot towels
Proraso pre shave
T&H Rose Cream
Kent BK2
Gillette Fat Handled Tech / Feather blade (first use)
Alum
Proraso balm

Bit of a mixed bag... the tech + feather combination seemed like a winner after the first 2 passes. As close as I've ever had and felt very comfortable. However, the 3rd pass just didn't work out and I don't feel a smooth as I would have expected. Plus I have a few weepers (a regular problem with cartridges, but very rare since I made the switch to DE) and a bit of irritation on the neck.

I'll move the blade to me EJ 89 for the next shave to see if it's the tech or the blade that I'm struggling with.

Have a good week everyone!

Shower
Merkur 37G
Feather Blade
Shavemac Silvertip 2-Band Do1
Moss Scuttle
Tabac Shaving Soap
Witch Hazel Boots
Cold Towel
Tabac Lotion

Semogue 1305
TOBS Sandalwood
Filarmonica SubCero 12
Nannys Vanila & Coconut PSH
Nivea Rehydrating Moisturiser

I ho I ho.it's off to work we gooo...:)

Monday

Mama Bears Creme Brûlée
Rooney Style 1 Best
Progress
Feather Blade
Jack Black After Shave Gel
Chipre Cologne

BBS after two passes, first try of a Feather in the Progress. Since getting the Progress I've only used a Feather Portable once and that was while away camping with my Cub Pack. I'm getting a bit of a one shaver man, but the Progress really does it for me.

Love the Rooney it was a BST purchase from Fido and what a fine brush.

Back
Top Bottom