SOTD w/c Sat 21th April - Fri 27th April ...

Thursday

Razor: ikon h2o
Blade: lord super stainless
Brush: M7
Cream: Musgo Real (cheers Andy!)

Musgo, a fantastic cream. Love it.

BBS results.

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (10)
Brush: Neep #947 yew ball and bobbin silvertip badger
Soap: D R Harris almond
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Red Ginger
Scent: Penhaligon's Endymion
Result: outstanding

Just three passes today, totally comfortable and frankly just as close. When will I learn? Another very good scent cross-fade, too.

Thursday, 26.IV.2012

Predopobarba Vitos
Semogue 830
JabonMan Edición Limitada Foroafeitado
MÜHLE R101 (2010)
Perma-Sharp Super
Thayers Witch Hazel Lemon
O Melhor ASB

P1060042.jpg

Pre: The Art of Shaving Lavender Oil
Razor: EJDE89L
Blade: Shark SS (4)
Brush: Muhle Pure Badger 21mm
Soap : Acca Kappa 1869 Alla Mandorla
A/S I: Thayers Medicated
A/S II: Speick

260420121135.jpg

Prep: Boots Botanics face scrub
Cream: D R Harris almond
Brush: Edwin Jagger synthetic
Razor: Merkur 25c Open Comb
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic
Post shave balm: Body Shop maca root razor relief.

The razor relief seems a bit smelly. I tried other BS balms a few weeks ago in my local shop, and was not tempted. Yet when I used Maca root razor relief last year it seemed different, which is why I bought this tube quite a while back. So I don't know if the formulation has changed.

A good smooth shave, with two passes - WTG, and XTG. The 25c is quite a mild razor to use despite being open comb. It works very well with Feather blades.

The Merkur Futur with gillette super silvers, proraso soap done up with my kent! alum block, proraso aftershave! Nice shave not the closest, but oh the Proraso!

Gillette Fatboy on 6 with BiC Chrome Platinum (2nd shave)
Nanny's citrus zinger
Henk walnut silvertip brush
Bulldog balm

Nice. Close, smooth and the best lather yet from the Nanny's soap.

Friday

Merkur Progress
Astra SP Blade
Semogue 2000 Brush
Acqua Di Parma Shaving Cream
Acqua Di Parma Assoluta EDC

Lovely shave. I'd forgotten how good the Progress is, and the ADP cream is just superb.

No a/s or balm today, just a cold rinse.

Ian

Friday:

Vitos pre-shave
Professor Blighty's Harlequin soap
Omega silvertip
Arostocrat Jr.
Gillette 7 o'clock green (2)
Professor Blighty'y Harlequin AS

Great shave, nice and smooth. Smelling great!

Dove soap face ,wash hot face cloth prep
Razor Rock classic Soap Cream, Kent BK2 brush, E-oil, sandlewood skinfood to fin.
Aluminium handle, aluminium blade plate British Gillette tech, feather blade, interesting razor this one, shaves well , but looks cheap as chips!
BSS WTG have a nice day all!

Red hot bath
Hot flannel and Proraso pre shave cream.
The Shave Company Shaving Cream.
Fatboy & feather blade, set to three.
Alum bloc and Nivea aftershave balm.

After the lip nick earlier in the week I went back to basics and tried to slow myself down.
I think I have become over confident with my previous Timor and not show the adjustable FB enough respect and time.
I performed a three pass shave with good results with next to no nicks/cuts which so far I have been unable to avoid since aquiring the FB.
Next shave will be to take my time and maybe turn up the blade a notch.

A shave with lots of new experiences today!

First up was warm lather. Innit good! So relaxing and conforting. Need to watch the lather hydration - it dries a little from being warmed. There are a few new minor skills to aquire in using a Dirty Bird scuttle but - oh boy! - worth every penny of the excessive postage to get it here.

My 'learner' straight is parcelled ready to go to Pugh-The-Special-One and his transformed Kropp was in the place of the learner, just sitting there asking to be used. I had said I wouldn't until I've had a professional lesson - didn't want to risk messing the edge - but it was just asking to be used. So I did! What an edge! All the good looks of Jamie's master-piece were blown from my mind as soon as that edge touched my face! Concentration was required - and it turns out I can straight shave (sort of) - all I needed that I didn't have before was that degree of sharpness. It wasn't bloodless and it wasn't the closest, but it was definately a straight shave!

Then came the not-such-a-good-idea part. A Merkur slant was sitting on the in-use shelf, loaded with a half used NOS Gillette Bleue Extra and I thought to use it. Well, I am now very definately BBS but I was a little tender, too. A slant, by the by, is a way to get BBS below the jawline (I can't find that thread) - very light touch, razor slightly on its back and whoosh - may more whikers on my neck.

Then lots of salves - that Kropp seemed to take the moisture out of my skin! Neal's Yard to start and then all the ones in the photo. Not forgetting some styptic, which I've forgotten to put in the photo - not brave enough to use alum all over!

DSC001711.jpg

Oh! that's Beejay's cocobolo brush sitting in the scuttle.

The 6/8 Kropp that Jamie transformed for me arrived after I'd shaved but I've put it in the photo becaue it's beautiful and deserves to be there! Another master-piece!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest 2201, extra stuffed
Razor: Bengall by T R Cadman & sons
Soap: Cade
AS: Floris, Elite
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Another very nice razor - it has bent scales (but the blade centers and doesn't touch them and they're in a very healthy condition), rather heavy toe wear (but somehow I honed it good) and yet it shaved me very well, indeed. Love Cade, thlick lather. The DE safety razor's a prop and it's a Swedish razor from what I think was the largest DE manufacturer back in the day over here - Matador.
0041024x746-1.jpg

... and:
009700x540.jpg

Back
Top Bottom