SOTD w/c Sat 21th April - Fri 27th April ...

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

unknown vintage badger
'Webly'/Wilkinson Sword Edge (NOS)
IK SS
Barbershop Bay Rum AS
Roger and Gallet L'Homme 'Sport' EdT

Another wonderful shave using this razor/blade combo. The old Wilkinson is one of my top three favorite blades...pretty amazing when you consider it's probably around 40 years old or so.

Sheeesh, just about used up the Institute Karite soap. This is one I'll have to reorder once again, having done so many times in the past. Really an excellent product that's been in my rotation for years.

BBS results,

Martin

Friday morning.

Merkur 34c with 7 o'clock black
Edwin Jagger pure badger
vintage Crabtree & Evelyn pour homme soap
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna ASB
T&H Trafalgar cologne

Cold water prep
Proraso pre/post
M&F blonde badger
Provence Sante Verlain
Merkur 37c with a vintage Wilkie / Feather AC SS
Old Spice AS
Institut Karite ASB

Nice and smooth. Provence Sante is a great soap - really excellent performance, glad I got it - although I'd prefer if the scent had a little less linden in.

Full of a cold today, so proraso all the way!

Hot towel
Proraso pre shave
Proraso soap / BK2 brush (cracking good lather today!)
Super Slim Adjustable (set to 5) with gillette 7 o'clock yellow (2nd use)
Alum
Speick as
Boots no. 7 balm

Only the second time with this razor and I have to say I'm really happy with it. 3 passes needed, but wonderfully clean shave.

The menthol did its stuff and cleared my head (for a few minutes) and the Speick was as calming as always.

Special mention to the boots no. 7 balm - it's really good stuff if your skin needs a heavy moisturiser. My face feels dry and taught after washing with soap, never mind shaving, so I need a good balm. The no. 7 is rich and thick - a little goes a long way and scent free so it's a good accompaniment to a cologne. It's normally £8 but from time to time you get promotional vouchers giving a £5 discount of no. 7 stuff - at £3 it's worth anyone's while to try (and if you don't like it I'll take it off your hands for the same price!)

Razor: Feather Popular
Blade: Feather (15)
Brush: Callega IronWood Cegadede Silvertip 26mm
Soap : DR Harris Marlborough
A/S I: Thayers Medicated
A/S II: DR Harris Marlborough

270420121156.jpg

Have a nice weekend everyone!

mlmoraes01 said:

Razor: Feather Popular
Blade: Feather (15)
Brush: Callega IronWood Cegadede Silvertip 26mm
Soap : DR Harris Marlborough
A/S I: Thayers Medicated
A/S II: DR Harris Marlborough

270420121156.jpg

Have a nice weekend everyone!

Lovely looking brush - is a custom made job?

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (12)
Brush: Neep #1145 onyx chess pawn 26mm extra silvertip badger
Cream: Taylor's Violets
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Rosewood
Scent: Trumper's Sandalwood
Result: excellent, tediously.

Just two and a half passes today and just as clean as when I was doing more. So why bother doing more? Good question. Am I talking to myself again? Probably.

Dove soap / hot face cloth prep, Bluebeards revenge shaving cream, Thiers issard brush, geo.f.trumper ( few drops in the shaving cream,and to fin).
Rolls razor was used in anger to day:heart: BSS WTG.

I know that people read these posts and get idea's from them, and trust me I am not offended if some one uses my ideas ( that's the point of me and others posting in the first place) "O his shave seems consistent I think I will have a bash at that" type of thing. Now the Rolls Razor, if you use a DE Razor and have a wondering eye towards a straght razor, hell knows I did,and have sinned :icon_evil: but part of your mind is saying "f****ff just look at it, tiss a nasty looking thing" then try a Rolls Razor they have a guard bar in front of the blade, sitting behind of it is a hollow ground blade just like a straght razor, man I tryed to hack my self with it this morning, even going to the extent of reckless shaving,nothing at all, to I went in with a 4th pass still nothing, you get the same feeling as a straght razor as well. So go check one out,if you want.

Today, a full CADE shave!

302q9ow.jpg

L'Occitane CADE "OVNI" soap + Simpson Duke3 Best + Gillette Fat Tech open Muhle with Iridium Super + Thayers Lavender "alum" + L'Occitane CADE balm con Aqua Velva

This CADE soap is really good, but unfortunately I had an irritating shave... Iridium blade had about 4-5 uses and probably was time to change it but I suspect that this Muhle head is more aggresive with this Fat Tech handle...

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom