SOTD w/c Sat 14th April - Fri 20th April ...

TUESDAY EVENING

Gillette Fatboy (set to 5)
Bolzano Superinox (3)
Semogue LE 2011 Boar 2
L'Occitane Cade soap (scuttle lathered)
Witch hazel
Clinique Post Shave balm

Nice close shave but, having read all the glowing reviews, I definitely must have got a duff puck of Cade.

Loaded the brush for well over a minute and got what I thought was a reasonable lather going but after two passes it had all vanished meaning I had to attach the puck again. On the plus side I have no cuts (though I think that is more due to the razor and blade) and my skin feels soft but Nannys does it so much better IMHO.

Tuesday evening shave

Merkur 37c
started with Bleue extra (tugging so swapped out for Gillette green)
NF2211
MDC
Blighty's Leather AS
Blighty's Universal balm

First try with MDC, nice but I don't know if i would pay the full price for it. Bleue extra on 3rd shave and was starting to tug so swapped out for safe option Gillette green.
Not a bad shave in the end.

My back seized up this morning (blame it on aeroplane spins with the kids) so I took a while to get going and hence missed my shave. However, a few hours later and having read lots of posts on here, I decided an evening shave was in order...

Hot flannel
Proraso pre / post
DR Harris Arlington Cream / Kent BK 2
Super Adjustable set to 6 with Centwin blade (3rd use)
EJ DE89 with Lord blade (2nd use)
Alum
Proraso pre / post

Things got off to a great start, love the Arlington cream, but the Super Adjustable was really dragging today which I attribute to the Centwin's age.

I switched to the EJ and things did pick up, but I ran out of Arlington lather at the end of the second pass and had to resort to a brush squeeze to get through the third.

Not sure what I did, but not my usual comfortable shave. Perfectly respectable finish, but everything was a bit more forced than is ordinarily the case. Finished off with a second application of Proraso to let the menthol do its stuff and will no doubt apply a bit more moisturiser before bed.

Still, at least I should be able to take an extra 20 minutes getting up in the morning!

Hot Shower
Pre : AOS Oil Sandalwood
Cream : AOS Sandalwood
Brush : Vulfix 2236S Super Badger
Razor : Merkur 1904 Closed comb
Blade : Red IP (day 5 )
Moss Scuttle
ASL: Old Spice
ASB: AOS Sandalwood mix with 444

rps20120418_065830_158.jpg

Nivea moisturiser as a 'pre'. Superb shave. No aftershave balm required

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: "Henk" 21 mm silvertip in oak handle
Razor: Double Duck by Puma for Bresnick
Soap: MdC
AS: Proraso
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

Had some Proraso to finish this wonderful shave off, even though it was only + 0.5 degrees Celcius out this morning, I wanted something refreshing :D
0011024x687.jpg

... lovely shot of espresso too:
014700x518.jpg

eversharp schick type G blade needed changing so......
20120326059.jpg

20120326060s.jpg

job done. I have used this on and off for a bit now and to day i have found the correct angle:D,shame about my cheek's, bit to close :icon_cry2: ouch, bit red , never mind win some lose some BSS WTG.
Dove soap prep, hot face cloth, razor rock cream soap, kent BK2 brush E-oil,sandlewood skin food to fin. have a goood day.

Today, samples shave!

28sxykm.jpg

Pre Jabonman bath soap sample + Jabonman Lily-Cedar-Sandalwood + Vie&Long 16910 "two bands edition" + Merkur Futur at 2.5 with Personna Prep + "Professor Blighty Yellow Ginger" lotion sample with The Real Shaving

This Jabonman soap performs really well, but unfortunately the scent is too "femenine" for me (I didn't see any cedar-sandal scent).

And I have tested for the first time this "Profesoor Blighty" lotion sample [/i]which he has gently sent me (thanks mate!): the scent is sweet, really sweet.. very different to other citric lotions I have tested, hehe. I have mixed it with balm because I had a bit of irritation but in other ocasion I'll try to use it alone.

Cheers!

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

Marshall Fields badger
Schick M type 1970s adjustable injector/Gillette Platinum Plus (NOS)
TSD coconut SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

BBS results,

Martin

Prep L'Occitane Lavender Soap
Razor Feather AC - SS
Blade Feather Pro 1
Brush Simpson Chubby 1 in Super
Vito's Soft Soap Coconut & Almond
Alum + Propolis
L'Occitane Baux Balm
Botanics Moisturiser SPF 15
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas Eau De Parfum.

Jamie

One pass shave with minor clean up, to busy to set up photo, just can't motivate myself when the light is so poor, so it's a case of same shave but with a recycled photo.

003.jpg

Wednesday:

Vitos pre-shave
Vitos coconut soap
Long Comb New
Astra SP
Pinaud Clubman

Long Comb New never fails to deliver a fantastic shave for me...BBS results.

gillette New short comb
personna med prep
simpsons berkeley best badger
floris elite shaving soap
body shop macca root razor relief
myrsol agua balsamica

a pretty decent shave, would have been better if i hadnt sliced my ear lobe when turning my razor round. it bled quite heavily and took some time to stop the blood, so had to cut the shave a little bit short.

Back
Top Bottom