SOTD w/c Sat 14th April - Fri 20th April ...

Monday:

1 day of stubble (the Sunday rest) removed with:

Penhaligons nickel / pure badger
T+H 1805 cream
Merkur 34C HD
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (1)
TOBS bay rum

Pretty good workaday shave. No BBS shenanigans seeing as I used an R41 over the weekend, close enough is good enough today.

Mikael said:
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Neep/Penoftheforest, my special coffee bean brush
Razor: Hibbar, Spencer, Iroquois
Cream: Truefitt & Hills West Indian Limes
AS: TOBs Victorian Limes
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Muy Bien :D

Nice blade this one, never got any restoration, only a a tour on the stones and she delivers big time :D
0051024x738.jpg

...and todays:
009700x500.jpg

More coffee.... I like that drinking some right now yum yum -;)

Monday. Local holiday, so plenty of time to catch up on the stubble I have neglected over the weekend.

Music: the sweet sound of my kids fighting over toys.

Hot shower, new facial scrub from Asda - "Groomed" range. Nice scent, easy to apply, does the job. Definitely one for the arsenal.

EJ de89bl (my Slim is off for replating atm, will post pics when I get it back)
Nanny's lime soft soap. Sadly almost at the end of this tub, and have vowed not to buy any more software til my stash is at a more manageable level. :icon_sad:
Ladas blade - first try of this, received some in a pif a few months back but have taken a while to get round to trying it. Lovely, smooth shave. Blade is a no-fuss job - you only know it's there cos the whiskers are disappearing. No tug, no nicks, weepers etc.
Finished off after three passes with some Old Spice splash and rsc balm, then some C&S No. 88 EDC.

Thus refreshed and fragrant, I must now go do some chores.

The deed is done:

4-13.jpg

I'll post my thoughts on the Kent real ivory brush on the thread I started about it.

The 1919 brush was accompanied by a 1918 Single Ring Gillette and an old Coates cream.

I'm a fan of Ladas too (blades more than cars).

Red Tip with Lord Super Stainless (2nd shave)
Nivea moisturiser pre-shave
Tobs Luxury shaving cream
Professor Blighty's lime usb
4711 cologne

Another great shave. Head looks like the same shape and angle as my fatboy but the same blade felt more aggressive than the Fatboy on 7

Better shave today

Slim set at 3
Gillette green #1
Arko
NF2201
Speick AS
Blighty's Universal balm

Nice clean shave with no irritation today. I think the Nos Bleues are to sharp to use in the slim set at 5 and that gave me the burn lately.

Prep: Boots Botanics face scrub
Brush: Edwin Jagger synthetic
Cream: D R Harris Almond
Razor: Edwin Jagger Chatsworth Barley
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Classic
Post shave balm: Lush 'Prince'.

A great shave. The cream has quite a strong almond scent. I lathered in a Wilkinsons soap dish which I bought a few days ago, using it on top of a ramekin pot filled with hot water. The lather stayed warm, and the second pass was good as well.

SpeedyBabylon5 said:
Better shave today

Slim set at 3
Gillette green #1
Arko
NF2201
Speick AS
Blighty's Universal balm

Nice clean shave with no irritation today. I think the Nos Bleues are to sharp to use in the slim set at 5 and that gave me the burn lately.

That's what I set my slim at good old no 3 nice an comfy :icon_cool:

Thanks for the reply, Jamie :).

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (2)
Brush: Neep #947 yew silvertip badger
Soap: D R Harris lavender
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Green Ginger
Result: superb!

All-new software today, albeit both products from lines I know well, and as good a shave as I could hope for. I may never get bbs on my neck with a straight, but that's ok - I'm pretty close and my skin is as good as it's ever been.

Monday

Gillette Slim Adjustable at 5
Gillette Platinum Blade (1)
Omega Boar Brush
Erasmic Shaving Cream
E45
Speick

Back to the Gillettes after a week of the Sticky; not bad actually and the Erasmic provided masses of lather

muhle r41
supermax ss green
shavemac #25 silvertip
MWF
444/ old spice 'classic' AS

a close shave, but not convinced with the supermax green, gave me a few weepers and felt a little rough. i think ill go back to my more trusted blades for the r41.

Back
Top Bottom