SOTD w/c Sat 14th April - Fri 20th April ...

Gillette New (US)
Omega 40652 imitation badger
VDH de luxe
Chinese Gillette Super Blue
Thayers Rose Petal
ARKO A/S cream Sport

VDH is a nice soap, had a good shave.

Having been out in the garage all day making a batch of beer, time to come indoors and relax with a Pint and a shave.

Prep: A Pint of Growling Anniversary IPA 7.3%
Prep: Hot Shower
Soap: T+H West Indian Limes
Brush: Neep Silvertip
Razor: Gillette Aristocrat Junior
Blade Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge
Balm T+H West Indian Limes
Cologne: T+H West Indian Limes

The beer is perfect, it's been in the keg for 3 months now and coming into condition nicely. The hops are really shining through.

Even given the weight of the head of this razor it is very mild, a nice razor to shave with. I do prefer a slightly thicker handle than this though, it felt a bit top heavy.

15APR2012.jpg

Re: RE: SOTD w/c Sat 14th April - Fri 20th April ...

pugh-the-special-one said:
Two pass shave, gave the Feather light blade a run out today after using the Feather Pro blade for some time, I won't be using the light blade ever again.

Do tell? I have an untried pack of them, which came with the razor, so I'm curious.

SUNDAY EVENING

Gillette Fatboy (set to 5)
Bolzano Superinox (1)
Semogue LE 2011 Boar 2
Klar Kabinett (scuttle lathered)
Witch hazel
Myrsol emulsion and Special K

Very close shave, albeit with a few weepers that needed closing with alum.

Thought I'd try one of these blades as they scored so highly in GD Carrington's blade test. One shave isn't enough to judge them properly though.

Monday:

Vitos coconut
Ever Ready Streamline SE
GEM SE blade (1)
Professor Blighty's Green Ginger AS

I had some issues with my first shave on Saturday with this razor, I ripped my face to shreds. Having consulted with some of the very helpful gents in the SE section I had much better results.

Three passes and touch up, BBS results and no blood loss!!

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Neep/Penoftheforest, my special coffee bean brush
Razor: Hibbar, Spencer, Iroquois
Cream: Truefitt & Hills West Indian Limes
AS: TOBs Victorian Limes
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Muy Bien :D

Nice blade this one, never got any restoration, only a a tour on the stones and she delivers big time :D
0051024x738.jpg

...and todays:
009700x500.jpg

Dr Rick said:
pugh-the-special-one said:
Two pass shave, gave the Feather light blade a run out today after using the Feather Pro blade for some time, I won't be using the light blade ever again.

Do tell? I have an untried pack of them, which came with the razor, so I'm curious.

Hi Dr Rick, well if i'm not mistaken you use the Feather with the Pro blades, well if you decide to give the Feather Light blades a try i will say it's a big step down in smoothness compared to the Pro blades very noticeable, i've noticed also with the Pro blades they seem to improve with use easily giving you 10 or more shaves, i would be lucky to get 4 shaves from the light blades I wouldn't go back to using those light blades.

Jamie.

Monday

No shave over the weekend.

EJ89L with Feather
EJ pure badger
Ingram
Ogallala bay run (lime and peppercorn)
RSC soothing balm

An excellent effortless shave. 1st time with a Feather in the EJ. WOW, what a difference in efficiency and comfort compared to the "high street" blades and Derby I've used so far...night and day.

Today, an almost full spanish shave:

2rh8bci.jpg

Pre Jabonman soap + Gal for men stick + Vie&Long 16910 "two bands edition" + Merkur Futur at 2.5 with Personna Prep + La Toja "Manantiales" lotion and balm

GAL is spanish stick very popular some years ago, now unfortunately discontinnued... A shame because it performs very well for a so cheap soap.

A good shave with the lovely La Toja products scent!

Cheers!

Gilette slim (no3 setting) feather blade,
Hot towl prep
Bluebeards revenge, Kent bk2 brush, e-oil sandlewood skinfood to fin
BSS WTG nice shave,redy to face the world now:D

Back
Top Bottom