SOTD w/c Sat 14th April - Fri 20th April ...

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Polo 14
Razors: Max Sprecher + GEM Junior, for head
Soap: Provence Santé
AS: Lavanda
Result: Very, very clean :D

Big guns day today, this massive 8/8 Sprecher of a champion shaver, weighing in at 93 grams worked very well with the Polo! The French and Portuguese guys was left to do the soft wear work.
0141024x700.jpg

.. then we had the Italian stallion to make the coffee:
002700x463.jpg

SATURDAY MORNING

Haven't shaved since Wednesday night, so a fair bit of stubble to get rid of.

Decided to attack it with the following:

Velvet safety razor
Gillette Super Stainless (3)
Semogue 1305
Klar Kabinett (scuttle lathered)
Witch hazel
Castle Forbes AS balm
Prof Blighty green ginger AS

Utterly BBS. The Velvet is an odd looking razor with fins on the head that mean it is very easy to rinse.

It's pretty aggressive, if an R41 is a 10 then this is a 7 which, to be honest, is just enough to shave very closely without too much risk of nicking yourself repeatedly.

A nice start to the weekend. Can't beat a close shave to feel good. :icon_biggrin:

Second "calming" shave:

24gomjn.jpg

Pre alep soap + Mitchells Wool Fat shaving soap + Simpson Duke3 Best + Rotbart 15 with Laser Ultra #4 + Thayers Lavender "alum" + Welleda balm

A really good shave! MWF soap performs really well using it like a stick and doing facelathering, the Rotbart are probably the best close comb razor around (as soft as a Tech but it shaves better) and Welleda is one the most calming balms I know (and if you uses in a spray is less greasy)

Cheers!

Proraso pre shave
Marlborough soap / Kent bk2 brush
Fat Handled Tech with Gillette super silver blade
Boots no. 7 balm
Czech and Speake Frankincense and Myrrh cologne

Mixed bag today... First time I've tried the tech and I am sorely disappointed. Although it's gentle, it didn't do a good job on my wiry beard. I ended up scrubbing a bit to smooth out areas that are no problem for my de89 or super adjustable. I have a feather blade waiting to be used so I will probably give that a go in it and see how I fare.

On the other hand, I love the cologne. Fabulous fragrance and am nearly out of my sample. Looks like this is the one I will ask for when father's day comes around!

Saturday

Gillette New
Gillette Platinum (Swede) Blade
Semogue 2000 Brush
TOBS Sandalwood Shaving Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Probably used a bit too much cream as there was a spectacular amount of lather.

Ian

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

old Marshall Fields badger
1958 Executive/Gillette 'Swede' (NOS)
Rivivage SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
L'Artisan 'L'eau du Navigateur' EdP (smell like a pirate day)

Thanks to my buddy Jamie for sending these old blades out to sample. I used em years ago and was able to revisit them to see what was up.

It's a nice blade...pretty much as I remember. They're sharp, smooth, and forgiving. Not the sharpest or smoothest one, but still very nice. I could easily use these every day without a problem (just as I did long ago). Handy having these back in the arsenal once again.

BBS results,

Martin

*Ouch* frankintech with feather blade "that's one not to repeat"
Since my tub of Bluebeards revenge arrived in the post this morning it seemed a shame not to brake it in.....
Kent BK2 brush,sandle wood skinfood hot towl prep (sorry I keep missing this out in my post).
BSS WTG shame about the blood. If you don't try you don't know!

Saturday Morning

Hot shower
Nivea face wash
EJ 89DE
Gillette Yellow
Body Shop Macca Root cream
EJ Best badger
Simple Rich moisturiser as ASB
D&G The One

Result: Very clean shave. Only two passes. I think I've mastered J-hooking which works really very well around my jawline / neck area.

Not sure about the Macca Root - it's very cushiony, easy to lather and gives good glide, but the smell... :s

Just got paid so have sent a PM to the prof. ;)

Refurbed Slim adjustable
Gillette bleue
Semogue 2000
Arko
Blighty's Leather AS
Blighty's Universal Balm

Refurbed an old slim I recieved yesterday and it took a lot of cleaning and boiling to free the adjustment mechanism, working ok and shave grade but revisiting the slim didn't work for me although I really wanted it to work. Got a bit uncomfy by the end of the shave.

Gottlieb Hammfahr Soligen Foche razor 4/8

nannyssillysoap bergamot & coriander

vulfix 404 bodger

TOBS St James

Pleasant shave with the Gottlieb (thanks Jamie) made smooth and slick by the nannys(thanks Sharon) finished off with a liberal splash of St James:icon_cheesygrin:

perryebayitems002.jpg

Red Tip with Red Personna (4th shave)
" " " Satinex Swedish Super (3rd shave)
No pre-shave
Trumper's Rose cream
M&S Harvard aftershave lotion

Stretched the Red a bit too far (blade that is, not razor!). These Personnas die gracefully and perform a good smooth shave during their lifetime. Think I'm becoming a bit of a fan after spending a lot of time with sharper, rougher blades like Astras and some of the 7 o'clocks. The Satinex blade came with some others I wanted a while back. I know nothing about them and don't have any more now but they performed quite well. If you ever see any of them might be worth picking up a pack.

Mikael said:
Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Polo 14
Razors: Max Sprecher + GEM Junior, for head
Soap: Provence Santé
AS: Lavanda
Result: Very, very clean :D

Big guns day today, this massive 8/8 Sprecher of a champion shaver, weighing in at 93 grams worked very well with the Polo! The French and Portuguese guys was left to do the soft wear work.
0141024x700.jpg

.. then we had the Italian stallion to make the coffee:
002700x463.jpg

That coffee looooookssssss ssssooooooo nice:heart:

Back
Top Bottom