SOTD w/c Sat 14th April - Fri 20th April ...

Kron-Vest Jaguar 14, Kimson Handicraft, AoS Sandalwood SC, Alun Tadé, Fragonard Santal EdT

P4141016.jpg

merkur hd
7 o'clock black
shavemac #25 silvertip
truefitt and hill lavender shaving cream
prof blightys green ginger AS

started my shave with the r41 and a first try with a gillette bleue extra, had to abandon it because of the tugging on the gillette blade, it was horrendous. changed to my merkur and got a nice shave out of it.

Back to my favourites after a couple of weeks of others:

Muhle 101 (2010 version with a shim fitted)
Gillette 7o'clock Yellow
T&H 1805 cream
Face lathered with Vulfix 404 Bodger
Finished with a splash of Superdrug Aftershave, Sierran Breeze.

Very nice BBS

Saturday afternoon:

Edwin Jagger brush
Truefitt and Hill hard soap
Muhle R41
7 o'clock yellow (1)
Crabtree and Evelyn West Indian Limes cologne

The R41 takes a while (a quick shave with this would be pretty foolish) but it does go very, very close.

This evening:

Prep: Hot shower
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (1)
Brush: Neep #947 yew silvertip badger
Soap: Vitos Supercrema
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Red Ginger
Result: pretty good

A little weeper - not unusual for me with a brand-new blade - but otherwise pretty good. The red ginger is nice but, I think, not as nice add the other two Blighty aftershaves I've tried - which is a commitment to them rather than a condemnation of this.

The corpus was a PIFfed sample lump that Kev... incredibly kindly sent me, along with much other goodness, when I first joined the forum not far off a year ago. I finally tried it for the first time tonight. It's bloody good. Thanks Kev!

Sunday

white proraso pre post
NF silvertip
Proraso Soap
FT rocket + super personna (2)
Thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB

result: 2 passes only today, very nice.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: Le Tuft, horn handle, Abalone and Simpson knot in super
Razor: Three Crosses
Cream: Vulfix English Rose
AS: TOBS Victorian Lime
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Fantastic :D

Nice one, today as well :D Yesterday morning it had snowed + 10 cm ;), but today it's sunny :)
0111024x652.jpg

... and some:
008700x500.jpg

John said:
That coffee looooookssssss ssssooooooo nice:heart:

Cheers John! It was a good shot too, todays shot was a little less good actually... need to get another soon :D

EJDE89
Red Personna
EJ Badger
RSC Cream
For Him Balm (head)
Jovan (Face)

I'm never sure whether to use Jovan as a splash or a cologne. Its quite potent when used as a splash! Bit of restraint required methinks!

Sunday

Vitos pre-shave
Vitos coconut soap
Gillette long comb New
Astra SP (1)
Pinaud Clubman

BBS results. Nice after a terrible shave with an Ever Ready Streamline SE yesterday.

todays shave

The first propper outing for my Rolls Razor. the Razor was made in 1953 and never used, I have nursed this razor back into full shaving condition and today the blade finally passed the hanging hair test..........
20120415141.jpg

this razor shaves very well indeed BSS WTG
Thiers Issard brush, taylor's sandlewood shaving soap, taylor' sandlewood shaving cream(mixed together) E-oil, Geo.f.Trumper sandlewood skin food it fin. and i am soooooo happy with that razor, well worth the work to restore it:heart:

Red Tip with Lord Super Stainless
St. James Founders Reserve Cedarwood and Clarysage cream
Nivea moisturising balm
M and S Harvard aftershave lotion
4711 cologne

Cracking razor and blade combo. The last few times I used this blade in different razors I was disappointed with it. Just wish I could remember what those razors were...

Feather AC DX Razor
Feather Proguard blade
Le Tuft custom brush
Klar Kabinett soap
Thayer's medicated WH

Second shave with the DX, just as smooth and enjoyable as the first. :icon_smile:

Prep L'Occitane Lavender Soap
Feather Artist club SS
Feather Blade light ?
Le Tuft Le une Grande
Truefitt & Hill West Indian Limes
Alum + Witch Hazel
Botanics Moisturiser SPF 15
Coty Raw Vanilla Eau De Cologne.

Jamie.

Two pass shave, gave the Feather light blade a run out today after using the Feather Pro blade for some time, I won't be using the light blade ever again.

SOTD002.jpg

Back
Top Bottom