SOTD w/c Sat 14th April - Fri 20th April ...

isaiah53 said:
gillette New short comb
personna med prep
simpsons berkeley best badger
floris elite shaving soap
body shop macca root razor relief
myrsol agua balsamica

a pretty decent shave, would have been better if i hadnt sliced my ear lobe when turning my razor round. it bled quite heavily and took some time to stop the blood, so had to cut the shave a little bit short.

I've done that with my straght razor,bleeds well don't it.

WEDNESDAY EVENING

Gillette Popular 47
Bolzano Superinox (4)
Semogue LE 2011 Boar 2
Palmolive stick
Witch hazel
Castle Forbes balm

Apparently this has got the same head as an Aristo #15. It might not be as pretty but it shaves much, much better IMHO. It just seems to tip in your hand and has a really nice balance.

And I am loving these Bolzano blades as well. They are absolutely excellent, I think I'll easily get another shave out of them.

A really nice BBS shave.

John said:
isaiah53 said:
gillette New short comb
personna med prep
simpsons berkeley best badger
floris elite shaving soap
body shop macca root razor relief
myrsol agua balsamica

a pretty decent shave, would have been better if i hadnt sliced my ear lobe when turning my razor round. it bled quite heavily and took some time to stop the blood, so had to cut the shave a little bit short.

I've done that with my straght razor,bleeds well don't it.

darn tootin! :)

dodgy said:
After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep;

Marshall Fields badger
Schick M type 1970s adjustable injector/Gillette Platinum Plus (NOS)
TSD coconut SS
Lucky Tiger AS and Face Tonic
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

BBS results,

Martin

Nice to see another schick user :)

Schick... Don't know what model. I shall call it the green one, for 'tis this:
IMAG0354.jpg
I wanted it as it is very different and cool looking. So:
Schick green one with Schick Krona super stainless blade / Gillette Super Thin Platinum
Nivea moisturiser as pre
Boots Cool Cologne shaving cream
Boots Freshwood aftershave balm

This razor has a very narrow angle of effectiveness. Need to get a good 30 degrees or so to get the sweet spot. Feels a little draggy so tried the blade with Red Tip. Nice and smooth. Stuck a super thin in the Schick Green One. Hmm, a bit draggy still. Does a nice shave and doesn't cause irritation but in these early days I agree with pedro083's opinion that it's not the best razor. On the plus side it's pretty balanced as far as aggression goes. At least based on first impressions.
I forgot how good Cool Cologne shaving cream is. If you don't mind the smell it's fantastic for the money. Same goes for the Freshwood balm.

John said:
dodgy said:

There's a few other injector fans here as well. I know Not The Stig has had good luck with certain razor/blade combos and maybe Bob Otten uses an injector.....can't remember.

Did I see you shaving with one of those older short handle versions? If so, you're a better man than me. Those are what I started on and they were a pretty bad fit. Heh, live and learn.

Martin

dodgy said:
John said:
dodgy said:

There's a few other injector fans here as well. I know Not The Stig has had good luck with certain razor/blade combos and maybe Bob Otten uses an injector.....can't remember.

Did I see you shaving with one of those older short handle versions? If so, you're a better man than me. Those are what I started on and they were a pretty bad fit. Heh, live and learn.

Martin
It's not too bad, so long as I get the angle right, unlike this morning,things got a bit moody, should have drank more coffee :)

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (4)
Brush: Neep #947 yew ball and bobbin silvertip badger
Soap: Pre de Provence
Aftershave: Prof Blighty's Yellow Ginger
Scent: Trumper's GFT
Result: nice

Received the onyx Neep today via the postroom at work. Will demonstrate discipline by saving it for the weekend.

Well it's 00:32 a.m. and I'm still waiting for virgin atlantic to send through my flight confirmation for tomorrow morning's flight.

Had built up 4 days growth for my shave this (yesterday) morning.......had not had the time.....and had not been working, so no need.
Tried a new blade for me. Gillette 7 O'clock yellow in a gillette slim adjustable. Normally use feather blades.

I found that it had more drag (tugging at the growth) than the feather........but not uncomfortable.

I felt that it was shaving well.

However, I didn't get as close a shave as the feathers give me. I did however, have a little bit less irritaion around that difficult area on my neck......yeah, you know the one.

So, after thinking a bit about this I've decided to stick with the 7 O'clock yellows for a bit and work on technique to try and improve the results with, hopefully, less irritation than the feathers.

Saying that though, I might just have a quick go with some sharks to compare to the other two before comitting to the 7's for a while.

So, if the sharks don't do it......then it's the 7's for a bit.

Blimey, what a hive of indecisiveness I am.

Thursday:

Vitos pre-shave
Professor Blighty's Harlequin soap
Ever Ready Streamline SE
GEM SE (3)
Professor Blighty's Green Ginger AS

Really getting to grips with this razor now. Really close comfortable shave.

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New Forest, high mountain badger
Razor: Puma, with custom scales in horn and MOP inlays (by Neil Miller)
Cream: Salter, Sandalwood
AS: Dr Harris, Sandalwood
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very clean :D

0021024x738.jpg

... and my morning shot off:
042800x573.jpg

pilatus said:
So, if the sharks don't do it......then it's the 7's for a bit.

Blimey, what a hive of indecisiveness I am.

The Sharks are not as sharp as as the 7OC's, but they are very forgiving.

Ian

Thursday

Gillette New (#77)
Gillette Platinum (Swede) Blade
Semogue 2000 Brush
Castle Forbes Lavender Shaving Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Can't put the New down.

Ian

Dove soap pree shave wash, hot face cloth taylor's sandlewood shaving cream,E-oil,thiers issard brush,Geo.f.trumper sandlewood skin food to fin.
My home brew tuck away razor gives a BSS WTG and works very well indeed, am tempted to do a review on it a bit later....
Off to the school today for a meeting with the headmaster,fully intend to stink him out with the sandlewood sent. Have a good day all.

Step 1 - take a toothbrush and toothpaste to the razor head to get rid of soap residue currently affecting it
Step 2:
Hot flannel
Proraso pre shave
DR Arlington cream but with more water than I have been using. Result was slightly less dense, but no less effective.
Jagger DE89 with Gillette Super Silver (2nd use)
Alum
Speick aftershave
Boots no. 7 balm

Very nice shave, no drag on the razor with the slightly thinner Arlington, but I noticed that there was still an accumulation of scum on the head of the razor in the end. I always wipe the razor to a point where it looks shiny, but I'm guessing that I've simply polished the soap residue into an even distribution. I'll have another go tomorrow and see.

Very nice razor blade, by the way. Nice smooth finish and a comfortable shave too.

2hyl2th.jpg

Pre jabonman + St James of London Cerdawood & Clarysage + Vie&Long Silvertip AC Edition + Rotbart 15 with Laser Ultra + Thayers Lavender "alum" + "Professor Blighty Blue Ginger" sample with The Real Shaving balm

A decent shave although I should have put a new blade, this Laser was bad and I had an irritating shave unfortunately... Today I have used for the first time this cream. It lathers very easily and smells really well, although its properties were no better than TOBS range IMHO. Probably I'll buy the balm anyway, hehe.

I have used Blue Ginger lotion as well. Is very "sweet" like the Yellow one, but more like strawberrys scent I think

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom