Edwin Jagger DE89
Shark Super Chrome Blade
New Forest 2201 Brush
Proraso Cream
Clinique Post Shave Soother

Proraso is excellent stuff.

Ian

Wednesday

A Tabac day as you can see, Razor is a Krop 6/8 & the brush is a Vie Long horse/badger mix. The result a great shave.
11jufrq.jpg

Merkur 39C
Lord SC (1)
T&H 1805 Cream
Kent BK4
Floid Blue A/S
T&H Trafalgar Cologne

Nice shave, brought out the 1805 after posting about it on another forum and reminded what a very under rated cream this is. It's one of those creams that doesn't have an overpowering or particularly memorable scent, but is just such a nice, clean, fresh and masculine scent that it's main asset is perhaps it's simplicity.

pugh-the-special-one said:
L'Occitane Bavx Soap
Feather AS - D1
Feather Blade 3
Simpsons Chubby 1 in Super
Vito's Coconut & Almond
Alum + Witch Hazel
L'Occitane Bavx Balm
Botanics Moisturiser SPF 15
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas

Plus my favourite knife, my Mucsta LMC 120D, one of 80 pieces made number 5 of 80.

Jamie.

Great shave today, weather very cold, but clear and bright perfect winter weather as far as i'm concerned, you can always wrap up and keep warm, if my old Fox Terrier was a little younger I would give him a long walk, but he's willing in mind, but about two miles is his physical limit these days, still he really enjoys it there were times in the past where he would walk 10 - 15 miles without even blinking a eye, old age catches up with us all.

003-1.jpg

Just seen a video on youtube of this penknife.It's beautifuly crafted,may I ask price & where to buy?

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: New forest , Tubby 2
Razor: Delolme
Cream: Arko
AS: Lavanda
Strops: Neil Miller
Result: Very, very close :D

Nice shave and the Lavanda was a very nice splash indeed, however I've started to shave in the evenings now and it's not as nice, but for a almost two months from now I'll be a little short of time (so, maybe I'll miss a couple SOTDs or so :)).
014800x591.jpg

Tuesday:
005800x566.jpg

Just shaved an hour ago. Think its the best Ive ever had.

Prep. Loreal men expert face wash (I find this preps skin for shaving reall well, and seems to soften stubble)
Razor - Jagger DE89.
Blade - Shark super chrome. (BY FAR my fave blade now. These are ossum)
Brush - New forest Silvertip
Soap - Nannys Arabian nights soft. (mmmmm)
Post shave - bit of of alum, cold rinse and then Professor blightys balsam. (IMO best stuff out there)

I gave me self three really good passes. I had loads of time tonight so I really took my time. Went WTG, then diagonally for second pass. 3rd pass was more general clean up. I went against grain on chin which caused a few weepers, but the alum seemed to close them right up.

Nicest shave Ive ever had.

Taylors shaving oil
DR Harris Arlington shave soap
Gillette Fatboy/seven o'clock blades
Boot's own brush (Soon to be replaced)
Boot's styptic pencil
DR Harris post shave milk

The line up is almost complete, just a decent brush to finish.

Colonising the shelf, you wonder why the missus is moaning!

IMG_0342.jpg

Cheers

Adam

Wednesday

Razor: 39C
Blade: 7 o'clock green (2)
Brush: PJ2 in best
Soap: Tabac

Lovely shave. These green's don't last more than 2 shaves. On my last pass I noticed the blade wasn't so good. Only one left now!

Compared to my 37C, I prefer the 39C. I love the heft and looks of the razor.

3 passes plus touchup = BBS smooth. No sting on AS either :)

Gillette New with Tech handle
Gillette Bleue Extra (1)
Simpson Emperor 2
Erasmic cream (scuttle lathered)
Witch hazel
Prof Blighty Yellow Unction

On the plus side, I really liked the menthol tingle of the Erasmic.

On the minus side, even though it lathered up nicely I've got a few weepers under the jaw line.

Now either this is because my lather wasn't all that (which is quite likely) or it's because Erasmic doesn't provide as much cushion and slip as more expensive creams.

I shall have to try it again. It's definitely worth buying to try.

Gillette Old with London Bridge super stainless/Polsilver stainless (3rd shave)
D R Harris Arlington cream
Proraso post-shave cream

Tried a vintage blade I'd never heard of out of a sealed packet. London bridge was okay but not great on the first pass but draggy so chucked in the Polsilver. This was my first cold water shave and aside from the shock of the cold on my face didn't really make much difference to warm or hot water I think. Got an adequate shave.

NotTheStig said:
Gillette Old with London Bridge super stainless/Polsilver stainless (3rd shave)
Tried a vintage blade I'd never heard of out of a sealed packet. London bridge was okay but not great on the first pass but draggy so chucked in the Polsilver.

What's up buddy,

Funny thing about that blade if it's the one I'm thinking of. If not......never mind.

Guy on another forum bought some London Bridge blades, mainly because he saw they were made in the UK and might be similar to some other of the better vintage Wilkinsons. Matter of fact, isn't that who makes em? If not......then sheeesh. The thread was over at SMF about a month ago by a member named Churchillafemme or something like that.

So he tries one and loves the thing. This is a goofy little 'hobby' ain't it. We all got our druthers I guess.

Martin

Oh, just for the hell of it, maybe try one more of those blades and see if it's any better.

Back
Top Bottom