SOTD w/c Sat 11th - Fri 17th Feb. incl.

Monday
D.R. Harris Arlington SC/Rotbart N 15 with Astra/Castle Forbes TGN super badger brush/Weleda Balsam
P1230649.jpg

Gillette New open comb 1930s with Gillette Rubie
Tobs Jermyn Street cream
Henk walnut silvertip brush
Professor Blighty's Universal Shaving Balm - lime

First time with this blade. Smooth, sharp and a decent close shave. I remembered this razor was good but forgot how and why.

muhle r41
personna med prep
shavemac #25 silvertip
TOBS mr taylors shaving cream
acqua di gio AS balm

2nd shave with the r41 and didnt enjoy it as much as the first time. my neck is a little sore, it was a hurried shave and mr taylors has a habit of drying up a little on me. shouldve known better, but i really wanted to use this razor. you live and learn, hey ho :)

This morning:

Prep: Face wash, Imperial Leather bath soap
Razor: Feather Artist Club RG (wood), Pro blade (6)
Soap: D R Harris almond
Brush: Neep #1033 soapstone 24mm high mountain badger
Balm: Bulldog
Result: outstanding

Swift and comfortable, removing three days' growth, and winding up with one of the closest shaves I've ever had from the straight.

Hot Shower with soap from Aleppo
Merkur Progress set on 2.5
Treet Blade
Schwarzweisskeramik Scuttle XL
Shavemac Pure Badger
RazoRock XXX
PEREJA Lemon
Alum RazoRock
RazoRock Wax

Tuesday:

Proraso pre/post
Mitchell's Wool Fat
Merkur 39c
Red Personna (3)
Alum & Witch Hazel
Nivea Replenishing ASB
Pinaud Vanilla

3 passes and touch up, BBS results. Worst part of the shave was when I somehow flicked some Pinaud in my eye! It hurt A LOT!!

PavlovsDog said:
Merkur 38B
Shark SS (1)
Nanny's Ice and a Slice Soap
Unbranded Badger Brush
GFT Lime Skin Food

Still struggling a bit with the lather, normally a cream user, so not used to soaps as much although I never seem to experience the issues some seem to have with MWF. So unsure why I can't get to grips with this one.

Same razor, same blade (2), same soap, Vie Long Horse Hair brush, same Skin Food, Boss Bottled EDT.

Much better lather today, might be the brush, might be my technique. Either way I'm pleased, scent wise I really like this soap, so it's nice to get a decent performance as well as a lovely smell.

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

old Marshall Fields two band
Aristo#15/Wilkinson Light Brigade (NOS)
IK SS used as a stick
Malizia 'Vetyver' AS
Malizia 'Vetyver' EdT

This blade seems like a good match for the lovely #15 that dizzydrunk loaned me. Still, I need to be careful and not lose focus with this thing walzting around my face. Yeah, the razor is somewhat aggressive, but certainly more comfortable than many OC types I've tried. Hmmm, I'm still not sure what to make of this model and I think 1-2 more shaves will make things more clear about how it fits me. Sure is a purty little thang.

BBS results,

Martin

Back
Top Bottom