SOTD w/c Sat 11th - Fri 17th Feb. incl.

Sunday Night

It was Nanny In the Bathroom with the Sprock 6/8
2exvnlu.jpg

A fine shave but I think the hones are calling to this razor, it was my best performer but has been used enough now to have just gone off the boil. That and my honing abilities have improved so the benchmark is rising.

Hot Shower followed by PEARS face wash
Merkur Progress set on NO.4.5
Treet PSS
Shavemac Pure Badger
Trumper Coconut Oil Cream
Juvan lotion
Nivea Balm Cool

MachM said:
Sunday

Following a beasting at the rowing club this morning:

Hot bath
Proraso pre/post
Arko soap - strong scent as we all know, doesn't bother me and the performance is great
Gillette Aristocrat Jr. - love this little beast
Wilkinson Sword (1)
Alum & Witch Hazel
Real Shaving Co. ASB
Pinaud Clubman

Three passes and touch up, great shave, very smooth. Haven't used the Wilkinson Swords much but found them great in this razor.

Same this morning as on Sunday. Another great shave! I know I keep saying this, but I really do like the Aristo. Jr. (No rowing/gym this morning though, that's too much for a Monday!)

monday

white proraso pre post
neo custom 2 band
Trumpers coconut cream
HD + Personna super (3)
Thayers superhazel
Proraso ASB

not a bad result.
I wasnt fully functional as I took a chunk out of my finger with a wood axe.. Bloody wood burners! Environmentally friendly yes, finger friendly.. no!

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
Stahly-ABC frankenrazor/Wilkinson Light Brigade (NOS)
IK SS used as a stick
Wilkinson AS Lotion
Jacomo de Jacomo EdT

BBS results,

Martin

Gillette New with Tech handle
Gillette Russian Green (3)
Simpson Emperor 2
Tabac stick
Witch hazel
Trumper lime skin food

It's funny, I've been contributing to the thread about Ikons and today was the perfect counter argument to spending a lot of cash on a razor.

This one cost £16. I hadn't shaved since Saturday morning and the combination of everything today worked absolutely wonderfully.

Not one nick and face is as smooth as a baby's aris.

So, does that mean I'll not be buying any more expensive razors? Erm, I'll get back to you on that one.

Simple gel wash
Feather Artist Club SS
Feather Blade
Simpsons Chubby 1 in super
Burt's Bees Pre shave cream
Truefit & Hill West Indian Limes
Alum + Witch Hazel
TOBS Sandalwood Balm
Botanics Moisturiser SPF 15
L'Occitane Cedre L'Atlas Eau De Parfum

Jamie.

Super smooth shave as always from the Feather AC - SS, i've been working on a new project a custom vintage sheffield Kropp in Lignum Vitae with white acrylic liners and lignum wdege, it's starting to look really nice, I should have it finished hopefully before the weekend, I will post some pic's when finished.

002-1.jpg

Merkur 38B
Shark SS (1)
Nanny's Ice and a Slice Soap
Unbranded Badger Brush
GFT Lime Skin Food

Still struggling a bit with the lather, normally a cream user, so not used to soaps as much although I never seem to experience the issues some seem to have with MWF. So unsure why I can't get to grips with this one.

Monday:

Merkur HD 34c
Perma-sharp super
Neep box wood silvertip
Martin de Candre

Had a rare day yesterday when I didn't shave - it's always satisfying removing more than a day's worth of stubble.

Back
Top Bottom