Supermax Blue Diamond
Thayers Witch Hazel lemon
[Institut Karité ASB]
St. James of London Cedarwood and Clarysage Cologne

P1050690.jpg

Sunday Afternoon

Prep: Hot Shower
Nivea For Men Face Wash
Razor: Merkur Futur with Astra Platinum (1)
Soap: TOBS Sandlawood Soap
After: TOBS Shaving Shop Aftershave Gel

Better lather today, used a lot more soap.

First try with an Astra Platinum blade, after using Gillette 7 o'clock yellow previously. They gave me a close shave, but certainly not a comfortable one. The Alum block had quite a lot of work to do today.

I think I'll be going back to the Gillettes for now.

Schick I-type injector
Personna Injector II (twin blade, second use)
Ingrams shaving cream

Forgotten how much I like this cream despite never getting a thick, consistent lather. Love the smell and the cooling sensation. The blade is smooth enough, gets close, isn't aggressive... does its job well. Didn't even need any balm afterwards!

Loads of snow outside so we have stayed in all day, having only turned the heating on for the first time in nearly a year!

After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
Aristocrat#15/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation) used as a stick
Wilkinson AS Lotion (old juice)
Floris 'Santal' EdT (thanks dizzydrunk)

Finally got to try a razor that's been on my mind for a while. Yep, bestest buddy missingchin sent me out his near mint condition beauty to take for a few spins around the 'Block'.

Too early for me to do any kinda decent review, which will maybe come later on. After just the one shave I can say this thing has sorta surprised me a little.

Got out the fresh control blade and my favorite soap and did my 4+ passes. Because of the way the teeth are curved (quite a bit downward), I figured this razor to be on the milder OC side. Nope, wasn't the case, at least this first time anyway. Felt like a solid #7, and the thin teeth mighta added to that feeling in general.

This is a no pressure kinda razor, which means I have to pay attention to detail...all the time. No long strokes or screwing around with j hooking....not a good razor for a no drama shave. Heh, it's a very good candidate for being a pleasure to have in my hand and waltzing around my face. Very possibly a tweak of two during my future shaves will help me figure the razor out more. Man, this here razor is shore a purty thang.

BBS (even a little smoother than usual),

Martin

dodgy said:
After the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

vintage Marshall Fields badger
Aristocrat#15/Iridium
Surrey SS (pre VDH reformulation) used as a stick
Wilkinson AS Lotion (old juice)
Floris 'Santal' EdT (thanks dizzydrunk)

Finally got to try a razor that's been on my mind for a while. Yep, bestest buddy missingchin sent me out his near mint condition beauty to take for a few spins around the 'Block'.

Too early for me to do any kinda decent review, which will maybe come later on. After just the one shave I can say this thing has sorta surprised me a little.

Got out the fresh control blade and my favorite soap and did my 4+ passes. Because of the way the teeth are curved (quite a bit downward), I figured this razor to be on the milder OC side. Nope, wasn't the case, at least this first time anyway. Felt like a solid #7, and the thin teeth mighta added to that feeling in general.

This is a no pressure kinda razor, which means I have to pay attention to detail...all the time. No long strokes or screwing around with j hooking....not a good razor for a no drama shave. Heh, it's a very good candidate for being a pleasure to have in my hand and waltzing around my face. Very possibly a tweak of two during my future shaves will help me figure the razor out more. Man, this here razor is shore a purty thang.

BBS (even a little smoother than usual),

Martin

So Marv, the British Bulldog has a little more bite then you thought?.......:dodgy:
A little tweaking with you technique and it smooths out.

Steve

Sunday afternoon:

I've been away for a few days on pet sitting duties for the parents, for some reason didn't take a razor! Had about three days growth to attend to.

Hot shower
Proraso pre/post
Crabtree & Evelyn Sienna cream
Muhle R41 - ideal for clearing a few days stubble
Gillette 7 o'clock yellow (1)
Alum
Nivea Replenishing aftershave balm
Pinaud Vanilla

3 passes and a bit of touch up resulted in a fantastic BBS shave. First pass left me almost smooth, it really is super efficient this razor. Very happy!

DSC02107.jpg

Wilkinson sword black packet blade, first one ever used nice sharp and smooth.
Merkur 34c hd.
Selin lemon cologne.
Sanex asb.
3 pass shave no cuts no nicks just a brilliant no mither shave, bliss :icon_biggrin:

Sunday

Razor: Mergress on 2.5
Blade: Russian 7 o'clock green (1)
Soap: MWF
Brush: Le Tuft custom

Not a bad shave. These greens are pants for me. Too many things wrong with them!

Dipesh said:
Sunday

Razor: Mergress on 2.5
Blade: Russian 7 o'clock green (1)
Soap: MWF
Brush: Le Tuft custom

Not a bad shave. These greens are pants for me. Too many things wrong with them!
I didn't get on with either green or yellows.

Pre: shower & Proraso Pre/Post

Shave: old badger brush, proraso soap, Merkur HD/Astra Platinum (1)

Post: Alum, Proraso Pre/Post, Musgo Real No. 3 (Spiced Orange)

Hadn't shaved in 36 hours - glorious. Stepping out into the winter air following a full Proraso special was something to remember, too!

Pre Shave: small amount of battery acid expertly applied.
Brush: Ajax scouring pad.
Razor : Victorinox special. http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/images/B000IAZCIM/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=11052681&s=kitchen
Afterhave: White Spirit
Balm: Swafegaq

SUNDAY EVENING

Ikon S3S Bamboo
Gillette Russian Green (3)
Neep Verderer
Palmolive stick
Witch Hazel
Clinique post shave healer

Annoyingly nicked a spot under my nose so didn't get to do my normal buffing on the upper lip so it feels a bit rough now.

However, the rest is very good indeed. I am enjoying this Ikon, it's a really weighty little beast so you just let it do the work.

Yesterday I was using one side of the head per pass, today I thought I'd use both sides like I would a normal DE and I have to say I can't notice any difference to be honest.

I suppose if I had a really heavy growth the OC side would prove to be a boon on the first pass.

Still, a nice razor and it's lovely to look at. Like a mini sculpture. All hail RAD!

Sunday

Merkur 39C
Gillette 7 O'Clock Blue (1)
TOBS Avocado (sample pot)
Unbranded Badger Brush
Floid Blue
TOBS Jermyn Street Cologne

After yesterday's rush job, was able to start a fresh rotation today with time on my hands. Three passes, very comfortable and smooth.

Back
Top Bottom