SOTD: Saturday May 6 - Friday 12 May 2023.

SOTD 10-May
20230509_125552.jpg
Brush: DG B15 Cerberus Fougere
Soap: DG Cerberus Fougere
Razor: CG Level 3
Blade: Wizamet (1)

Cracker of a shave, really could have done with another days growth for the level 3 but I won't argue with the finish. The better of the two cerberus' at least to my nose.

Grand finish and smelling good, hope everyone has a good one!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
20230510_084442.jpg
OK so after enjoying the Cella yesterday I thought why not stick with it for a bit, it leaves my skin feeling so good. I thought I'd lean more heavily towards Italy (where my ancestors came from, arriving in the UK in late 1700s, so I'm not really Italian).

Omega Ovangkol wood boar brush, RazoRock Hawk V3 with the 'aggressive' plate and a Kai Captain Titan Mild with 6 shaves already. There wasn't much to take off after yesterday but I'm back to super smooth.

Tuesday 9th May

AJFCJaXmyaQolm7QiFA-6KFQuMM1Y8myiBovx2I7yzIRf1LfgKthB2O74zdkssHCX8tl6qrDwLomLVycAlv6vvUnO5HpBQnV_dTDK1C7oHqoiFcI5e-WIU0RhqLxAQneKR6WOtXYZoqwqAjKOU_d-vMniDYAuA=w800

Haslinger Schafmilch Shaving Soap & Omega 11137 Pure Bristle
Gillette Labs Black & Gold Edition w/Gillette Labs Cartridge (7)
Brut Splash-On (as Aftershave)

Continuing on the Milky May with my setup for the week ...
Brut aftershave and talc set from parents Xmas 1979 when I was twelve and my balls had just dropped, aah happy days!

Wed 10th May

RR 400- SE Plissoft noir
Cyril Salter Solid soap
RR Hawk V3 A plate
Kai Captain Titan Mild Pink ( 5 )
Pitralon Polar A/S Lotion

A really super Shave today, I had forgotten just how well the KP blade works in this Razor. With a super lather the Shave went in next to no time, and without fuss got probably my best Shave over the last week.

CF599A4C-2F0E-4357-87DA-E91646B0E20D.jpeg

A shave from yesterday evening and one which comes with theme, 'Eurovision Shaving Competition'

20230509_170532.jpg

Grèce. Dix points - Lambda Athena
Polska. Dziewięć punktów - Polsilver Lodz
USA (don't ask). Eight points - PAA Pelegrino
España. Nueve puntos - Alvarez Gomez Barberia
UK. Seven points - Bath House Cuban Cedar and Lime

And the UK's entry. George Formby singing his very entertaining 'My Aunt Fanny and her Blackpool rock' while the ladies laugh at the line 'He's hung like a donkey'

My city is being invaded at the moment.

What the world really needed was not a whole week of crappy Europop(?) but a damn good shave, and did the Lambda deliver just that. An absolute stunning piece of razor delivered by the Greeks and if their song is as good then I wish them a big win. Bring on Nana Mouskouri and her wonderful song 'Lost my Rose in Athens'.

A most star studded Euro shave with the best of Europe playing their part. A superlative finish and a massive big hit with the ladies. Just like George.

If it was up to me for a British entry to the Eurovision song competition it would be something down the road of this.....

Right. Time to go rip some tourists off. £25 for a Pizza anyone?

Razor = Occam’s Oren •••
Blade = Festher Pro Guard ( 10 )
Brush = C&H Adventure Series V15
Soap = A&E Asian Pear
with matching splash
Balm = Ben Macdui From Barts Balm.
IMG_0857.jpegicould quite happily shave everyday just now i feel my face is ready for it,
Two days growth i’m like Ben Gun Out of treasure island,
I’ll probably stick to the two day shave but when i’m home it will be everyday.
A lovely shave this,
The scent on the Asian Pear is superb
and the brush for me is up there with my favourites.
The V 15 was the best knot in recent times and not as much gel as the 16,17 & 18 which to me is a bonus.
Tenth use of the pro guard,
There’s definitely plenty life left in it but i’ll call it a day,
What’s the point in taking it to its limit & not enjoying the shave,
There’s just no need so i’ll retire or happy.
I should have been home this week but unforeseen circumstances means i’m here until next week,
Probably sunday the 21st :sleep:
and it won’t come quick enough.
Enjoy the rest of your week

Back
Top Bottom