SOTD: Saturday May 6 - Friday 12 May 2023.

SOTD: 6th May 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia 24mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Cella Extra Extra Bio Organic Aloe Vera Shaving Cream.
Razor: Parker 94R. (Face) - Dorco Prime Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Gillette Guard. (Head/Dome) - (D1)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Cella Bio Organic Aloe Vera ASL./Aloe Vera Gel.

(Face & Head Shave)

A new shave set up to start the weekend...For the next month or longer I will be using both the Parker 94R. for my face shaves & the Gillette Guard for my weekly head/dome shaves.

I can't recall the last time i paired the Parker 94R together with the Korean Dorco Prime Platinum...All the Parker three piece DE razors have the same head design and are quite efficient the hefty 94R is more so than most and the Dorco PP made a smooth efficient razor & blade duo. The Dorco PP I find to be very forgiving, which has a good balance of aggression & smoothness.

What i like about my Parker razors is they have great audio feedback which i like because it's telling me the razor is doing it's job and I've found my correct shaving angle.

It's been a while since i last used the Gillette Guard. I have mentioned before when I first started to fully shave my head and before i had the shaving confidence & technique to do so with a DE or SE razor my razor of choice was the Gillette guard. It's the only cartridge razor i still add to my razor rotation and will continue to do so in the near future.

My first maiden shave with it felt like i was shaving with a potato peeler due to the tilting/pivoting head design but what I really like about is it doesn't clog up due to it been open comb having a large blade gap, one of the few if any open comb single edge cartridge razors on the market. It's excellent for tight spots and problem areas.

The Gillette Guard is easy to adjust to when shaving with it...I can normally get 3-5 max combined face & head shaves from one cartridge-head which is excellent value especially for head/dome shaving....

It's an ideal travel razor, or when you're in need of a quick close presentable face or head shave. What more can i ask for, admittedly I wouldn't replace it for my DE or SE razors but I will continue putting the Gillette guard into my razor rotation from time to time.

To be honest after my head/dome shave with the Gillette Guard today was near equal to what i get from my Injector razors which are my go to head/dome shaving tools.

If I had to choose one go-to razor for shaving my head then after my shave today the Gillette guard would be a very strong contender purely because it's such a comfortable good performing razor to use the pivoting head makes the shave effortless almost "auto pilot safe" without having to find the right shaving angle as the Gillette guard head does it for you which is a big bonus especially for head/dome shaving adding to that the replacement heads/cartridge you can get at a very inexpensive reasonable price.

My only gripes with it are the plastic issue which I suppose will be recycled in the near future somehow, and it's very light in weight which you are tempted to extra pressure when shaving with it but like any razor I follow the golden rule regardless treating it with respect and don't add excessive pressure as If you do it'll bite and cause irritation just like any other razor will.

First try of the Cella-Green Bio Organic Aloe Vera ASL which was a great finish to my shave. The scent to my nose of both the shaving cream & ASL has mild-light fresh & Citrusy fragrance which is very pleasing leaving a good post shave feel.

Another enjoyable close comfortable 2 pass + pick ups face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Aloe Vera Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
20230506_072215.jpg

Shuper shiny shexy shix-esh

SOTD

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Rockwell 6S
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (Brazil) (1)
Brush: Alpha Shaving Raider 26mm Synthetic
Soap: The Gentleman’s Groom Room Berry Fields O' Blair
A/S: The Gentleman’s Groom Room Berry Fields O' Blair
Balm - Sabian Bear Soothe

Today's shave:

rdt230506ssfpq.jpg

- L&L Grooming Mayflower
- Tatara Semogue Finest
- Tatara Muramasa with ASP blade
- Herbs of Bulgaria Lavender aftershave

:D

06/05/23
Shavette Saturday
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Jayaruh #355 Synth Maggards Knot
Soap - Martin De Candre Vétyver
Razor - Feather SS Scotch wood SCS - RSW
Blade - Feather Pro Guard
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Nevis - Amber & Moroccan Jasmine
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Jasmine
P5060001.JPG
You were correct Chris @Boycie83, i like this versions scent, i get a more earthy-floral, rather than the sweetness of the Argumes yesterday. The MDC is easy to lather and is nice on the face, its growing on me.
An easy 2 pass shave with some touch up for a very nice finish, i did notice a couple of creepers during the post shave so i gave the alum block a run around my face. No real indication and it sorted out the couple of grazes.
A nice close shave that.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
God save the King!

Saturday 6 May

Wonder what HRH might have used for his shave this morning?
Anyway, special weekend and hope you are all going to enjoy some family time, I am. Grandkids will descend on us shortly, chocolates and popcorn at the ready, TV warmed up, ready to rock!
Oh my shave? Thanks for asking,
Alpha, US Personna 3x, TOBS
Another spalted beech handle from my pal, plus synthetic knot. Blade still performing like new and another fine easy bbs

Have a fine weekend fellas!

IMG_0061.jpeg

Saturday 6 May

Wonder what HRH might have used for his shave this morning?
Anyway, special weekend and hope you are all going to enjoy some family time, I am. Grandkids will descend on us shortly, chocolates and popcorn at the ready, TV warmed up, ready to rock!
Oh my shave? Thanks for asking,
Alpha, US Personna 3x, TOBS
Another spalted beech handle from my pal, plus synthetic knot. Blade still performing like new and another fine easy bbs

Have a fine weekend fellas!

View attachment 105199
That's a beautiful set up and definitely fit for a king.

IMG_1602.jpeg
SOTD: 06/05/2023

Razor: Shield Avenger
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Blue, 3rd use
Brush: Highlander Copper Colonel Plissoft Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Murphy & McNeil Cat Sidhe Puck
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Porto Neroli EdP

And that’s 4 for 4 from my recent soap order! The Murphy & McNeil Cat Sidhe is lovely, a great citrus scent, if a little Arko reminiscent but a solid Neroli Portofino dupe that matches my Bart’s balm perfectly! I love the soap base and lather but strangely little post shave feel, which I don’t mind as I have plenty of balms for that job, but it may bother some. For the price though you can’t knock it. I’d say this lathered to a slightly stronger scent strength than the Magh Tured but this being a citrus scent it probably needs the extra punch to last any length of time.
My new Highlander brush is as excellent as ever and I throughly enjoyed the Plissoft knot. This is not helping make my decision on the group buy!
Enjoy the weekend guys.

SOTD 06-May
20230505_125539.jpg
Brush: Dogwood DG B16
Soap: A&E Cha Cha Matcha
Razor: Friodur 17

Late one but an excellent shave, another novel scent and departure from the tobacco &/or leather. More of a spring/summer for me, which is obviously good timing.

Smooth and smelling fresh, hope everyone has a grand day.

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
SOTD 20230506 Neon by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Oumo Brush, Babel Nebula, Sparrow S1, 27x50x115mm, 93g
  • Soap: Golden Beards Copenhagen Organic Honey Shaving Soap / Tcheon Fung Sing Linea Intenso Ginestra di Taormina Forte
  • Razor: Gillette Labs UK 2023 Exfoliating Razor Neon Night Edition FlexDisc #5
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#Test #Titanic #Multiblade #WIP

06 May, 2023​
Prep: Hot towel​
Razor: Rockwell 6S #3​
Blade: Blade: Gillette Bleue Extra 2​
Brush: Simpsons Duke 3 Best​
Soap: Shannon’s Soaps ‘Forest City Fern’​
Fragrance: Beau de Jour (2020 version) by Tom Ford

an absolutely stunning shave today... the Bleue Extra, once you've got the 1st shave out of the way, is incredibly smooth, and the Shannon's soap has always been a fantastic performer, with a scent that is simply begging to be paired with something like Beau de Jour.. Fantastic.

20230506_142313.jpg

20230506_142230.jpg

Not tried The Bluebeard's Revenge blades before, so I thought I would give one a go in the excellent R41 Twist.

It had 48 hours growth to deal with.

20230506_142615.jpg

20230506_142454.jpg

I was pleasantly surprised. Two passes with minimal tidying got me utterly BBS. Blade was smooth and certainly got through the whiskers. Just one little weeper where I went over a spot. Let's see how it lasts as the days go on.

20230506_145207.jpg

Back
Top Bottom