SOTD: Saturday May 6 - Friday 12 May 2023.

SOTD 20230508 Neon by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Lub: Water
  • Razor: Gillette Labs UK 2023 Exfoliating Razor Neon Night Edition FlexDisc #17
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#Test #Titanic #Multiblade #WIP
Toygx7D.jpg

Full size: 1000x1000px
Soundtrack: Michael Giacchino - Life's Incredible Again (The Incredibles 2004, OST)

Brazil, Brazil, bloody Brazil. It's all we ever hear.

I think you spent too much time being influenced by the ladies (and so would I. And was) and in need of some therapy.

View attachment 105331

Yeh, I guess I understand
To be honest i’m wanting out of here,
This is my 5th week and i first came here in December which means i’ll be doing 18 weeks here when i eventually get home next week.
But i reckon she would be worth staying for

Dedicated to Mr Smart with Brazil on his mind, this evening's shave arrives with the theme, 'Shaving a Brazilian'

IMG-20200228-WA0041.jpg

She is week 17.

20230508_165105.jpg

Coffee - Tatara Nodachi
Football - Polsilver Lodz
Carnival - Zenith dark synthetic
Copacabana - Bath House Spanish fig and nutmeg
Caipirinha - Collegen
Nuts - M&S Spiced Amber
'You did say blow'

After my last below par performance with the Nodachi this was its opportunity to prove its worthiness. Its chance to show it could shave a Brazilian without pulling and tugging. Oddly something I am quite used to.

Throw a new blade in the mix and go go go. And by jolly did it do some of that go go go thing. Superbly smooth and hellishly efficient demolishing whatever there was to demolish. Three passes to shaving heaven and in case you are curious, no I didn't give myself a Brazilian or anyone else either when I come to think about it. Just one wonderfully clean and close BBS finish and ready for a night out on the town in Rio De Janeiro. Unfortunately Bootle will have to be the best I can muster. Oh why did I bother? I couldn't even start to think what a Bootle shave would look like.

Have a most fantastic week ahead you people of TSR and I leave you with some ladies from Japan to sing you to sleep...

Oh did I mention it would be the ladies from Otoboke?

IMG_1618.jpeg
SOTD: 08/05/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Blue, 5th use
Brush: Highlander Copper Colonel Plissoft Knot
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Mirto Di Sardegna
Aftershave: PAA Gondolier Cologne
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm

It’s getting close to the return of @Mike Smart, (unless he finds the lady from the above pictures) so I thought I’d give the Oren one last run out before returning it! Not that I want to after the near perfect shaves it gives! On its day it’s almost as close as a Vector without any of the aggression, it’s one of the few razors I’ve been lent that I don’t want to part with! It’s a delight to use every time!

View attachment 105355
SOTD: 08/05/2023

Razor: Occam’s Oren
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Blue, 5th use
Brush: Highlander Copper Colonel Plissoft Knot
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Mirto Di Sardegna
Aftershave: PAA Gondolier Cologne
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm

It’s getting close to the return of @Mike Smart, (unless he finds the lady from the above pictures) so I thought I’d give the Oren one last run out before returning it! Not that I want to after the near perfect shaves it gives! On its day it’s almost as close as a Vector without any of the aggression, it’s one of the few razors I’ve been lent that I don’t want to part with! It’s a delight to use every time!
I’ll tell you what lee you supply the lady & i’ll supply the razor,
Fair Deal ?
i’ll also throw in a couple of packets of blades & a stick of rock,
second thoughts i’ll keep the rock,
i’m sure i’d find a use for it

Dedicated to Mr Smart with Brazil on his mind, this evening's shave arrives with the theme, 'Shaving a Brazilian'

View attachment 105350

She is week 17.

View attachment 105332

Coffee - Tatara Nodachi
Caipirinha - Collegen
Nuts - M&S Spiced Amber
'You did say blow'

After my last below par performance with the Nodachi this was its opportunity to prove its worthiness. Its chance to show it could shave a Brazilian without pulling and tugging. Oddly something I am quite used to.

Throw a new blade in the mix and go go go. And by jolly did it do some of that go go go thing. Superbly smooth and hellishly efficient demolishing whatever there was to demolish. Three passes to shaving heaven and in case you are curious, no I didn't give myself a Brazilian or anyone else either when I come to think about it. Just one wonderfully clean and close BBS finish and ready for a night out on the town in Rio De Janeiro. Unfortunately Bootle will have to be the best I can muster. Oh why did I bother? I couldn't even start to think what a Bootle shave would look like.

Have a most fantastic week ahead you people of TSR and I leave you with some ladies from Japan to sing you to sleep...

escudo GIF by Fotoloco

View attachment 105350

She is week 17.

View attachment 105332

Coffee - Tatara Nodachi
Caipirinha - Collegen
Nuts - M&S Spiced Amber
'You did say blow'

I’m glad you said week 17
rather than age 17
i was worried there
well not to overlay concerned but you know what i mean

SOTD: 9th May 2023.

3.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Omega 10066.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Sensitive shaving cream.
Blade : Dorco Prime Platinum. (D1)
Razor: Parker 94R.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Benjamin's mentholated bay rum. /L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

Greetings,

Early morning Shave,

A great inexpensive shave set up. The hefty 94R mowed through my stubble effortlessly paired together with the fresh Dorco Prime Platinum making my early morning shave a pleasurable experience.

The Omega boar brush gets better with each outing whipping up a wonderful lather in a short space of time.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick-ups silky smooth shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of L'0REAL Soothing Birch Sap PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Despite it being a work day, I had had this lined up for yesterday and was then away overnight so today's shave was the 1940s Fritz Bracht Tennis 5/8 extra hollow. This was my first razor when I got into wet shaving. Inspired by JJ's recent video I dug my Cella out, it's been a while but I do love the cherry bakewell almond scent, it's slick for the shave and leaves your skin feeling great. This was my first 'proper' soap when I started and I have a soft spot for it. My vintage Rubberset 400 has an Oumo boar knot in it, restored and given to me by Dave in Kentucky. I maybe need to work on the edge a little to get a real close shave, but 3 passes and some tidying round the chin saw me DFS.
Have a good week chaps.
20230509_081757.jpg

Back
Top Bottom