SOTD: Saturday May 20 - Friday 26 May 2023.

IMG_1716.jpeg
SOTD: 24/05/2023

Razor: Stando Rod
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Blue, 5th use
Brush: Yaqi Napoli
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Master Soap Creations/Pasteurs Pharmacy Bloom Puck
Balm: Baxter Of California Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block
Fragrance: Ard Al Zaafaran Oud 24 Hours EdP

Just love this soap! A fabulous shave from start to finish.

SOTD: 25th May 2023.

thurs.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Face Lather.
Lather: Ach Brito Mogno Shaving soap.
Blade: Dorco Prime Platinum. (D2)
Razor: Parker 94R.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. /Davidoff Cool Water ASL./ Creightons Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

A very enjoyable comfortable shave to finish my shaving week off in style the Parker 94R/Dorco PP is an excellent duo.

The Ach Brito Mogno soap is a wonderful performer it gets top marks for it's performance scent, protection, slickness & post shave.

My reacquaintance with the classic Davidoff Cool Water ASL has been a joy to use. It has to be one of my all time favourite fragrance which I've like since the 90's when i was first purchased some..IMHO it's the best Davidoff fragrance.

It's my birthday 60th birthday in June...As a present to myself I will be placing an order for some Goodfellas Smile Abysso shaving soap & matching ASL splash which suppose to be very Reminiscent of the Davidoff Cool Water fragrance. I look forward to trying the duo out.

Another enjoyable 2 pass + pick ups close comfortable shave with no errors to report...Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Creightons Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

SOTD 25-May
20230524_112801.jpg
Brush: Highlander Chubby N3C
Soap: NO Joker
Razor: CG Gen 1 Lvl 3
Blade: Super Thins(2)

Cracking shave this morning, @gile you'd mentioned you were worried it might have too much backbone, it really doesn't. Comparing against the Simpson Chubby 2 Synthetic Bristle, this is not that. The Simpson can almost be stabby, this one splays a lot easier and has a much softer feel but still had plenty of backbone for my taste. It holds a ton of lather and releases easily, thank you again.

So happy days, excellent shave and my new travel brush sorted which as a bonus will also see use at home, ideal!

Hope everyone has a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

No shave today

But remember
towelday-jpg-optimal.jpg

Thursday 25 May
Really sad day as Tina Turner has passed away, Simply the Best, RIP Tina.

Dragged out my unused Merkur slant today with an Astra blade. This combo performed admirably but the highlight was the Omega 48 bristle. It looks quite stiff and harsh but it is actually the opposite and and gives a superb lather. Nuff said.
IMG_0092.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom