SOTD: Saturday May 20 - Friday 26 May 2023.

SOTD: 20th May 2023.

9.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Yaqi 24mm Naples Tuxedo Synthetic.
Face & Head lather.
Lather: Razorock "What The Puck? !" Orange Sunrise Shaving Soap.
Razor: Parker 94R.- Vidyut/Supermax Super Stainless. - (D1)
Razor: Gillette guard. (Head/Dome)- (D4.)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. /Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic./Cien Sensitive ASB./Tommy Hilfiger Bold EdT.

(Face & Head Shave)

A new shave set up to start the weekend....It's been some time since i used the Razorock "WTP?!"Orange Sunrise Shaving Soap I find after the soap has been bloomed in tepid tap water for few minutes I'm rewarded with a rich, creamy slick protective lather with a good post shave feel. A superb soap which i will be using more often in the up and coming months...

For my head shave I did the first pass using my 94R and finished off with the remaining second +pick up passes with the Gillette guard for another superb error free head shave.

I've came to realise that the Gillette guard works wonderfully with just 2-days head stubble max any more is a struggle for the razor. The first pass with the 94R let the Gillette guard work effectively on the remaining passes.

I will use the (blade/cartridge) for it's fifth outing & final outing on Tuesday for my second head/dome shave of the week.

Another enjoyable close comfortable face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small squirts of Tommy Hilfiger Bold EdT to the pulse points

My face & precious swede are feeling cool smooth, & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

20/05/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Mühle Lge Classic Silvertip Synth
Soap - Martin De Candre Agrumes
Razor - Blackland Tradere
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck - Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Jasmine
Wk 21 (1).JPG
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Saturday 20th May
E-Type Schick 3D - Schick Proline B #2 - OSP Bay Rum - Alpha Outlaw - Electrif's Bay Rum v2 - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230517-214100-01.jpg

Grooming Department Luxury Kairos
Wolfwhiskers Abyss 24mm ubersoft 2
Timeless SB .95 titanium crown knurled handle
Lada SS #1
Roja Dove Amber/Oud (sample)

I’ve got as much resistance as a chocolate fire guard buying two used Grooming Department soaps off BST. The above is one of them which is scented with Oud aka Agarwood which is slight off the puck by more pronounced when lathered, produced a very good shave, I like it. Used the amber/Oud EDP as an accompaniment. Now having a nice pour over coffee on the patio just in the shade as the morning sun sweeps around. Hope the weather is just as sunny where you are, and have a relaxing weekend.

20 May

SV Felce Aromatica
PAA Green Ray
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Feather Hi-Stainless
SV Felce Aromatica asl

0A417387-7C2A-4C63-AD37-F065355524DF.jpeg
Another good shave. The exceptionally soft and flexible Green Ray brush created a wonderful rich lather with the hard, but beautifully scented SV soap. No problem. A close, comfortable shave with the Nodachi was the result.

Saturday 20 May
Butterflies are starting to emerge as the weather warms up here so thought I would start a run of my non adjustable butterfly shaves. I have a few of these razors, who doesn’t, and whilst not unloved they rarely get used by me.
Today, the slim flare end TTO, made in England. I went with the Polsilver 5x, it was just about end of life. TFS Linea Intenso Arancio Amaro soap lathered creamily with a delicate scent. The TOBS badger was a little harsh but hasn’t really been broken in yet.
The razor wouldn’t be a daily driver for me, it’s a bit too mild which, with the used blade, made pick ups more time consuming to clear without threatening a few weepers.
Final result was dfs, then on with Ralph’s Polo Sport which I had decanted into an empty Avon Porsche 911 container. Mad I know :oops:
Enjoy a wonderful weekend fellas, we are going to watch our grandson tomorrow play in his local soccer cup final. Should be fun!

IMG_0086.jpeg

Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 4 )
Blade = Brazilian Gillette Super Stainless ( 1 )
Brush = C&H Le Manns Gulf V18.
Soap = Hibernia By Signature Soaps
with matching splash
Balm = Barts Ben Lomond
IMG_1017.jpeg
Another Too drawer shave & last shave in Brazil
i very much doubt i’ll be back
so what better way to end my time here with the wonderful Hibernia.
Another Soap i never want to be without,
These soaps just do everything they are meant to,
First Class.
The shave was a straight 10/10 which is quite fitting for my departure tomorrow.
30 hours of travelling tomorrow so i think i might need a cheeky we shandy to help me sleep.
So until my next shave on Tuesday Adios Amigos
Celebrating Rio De Janeiro GIF by xponentialdesign

Last edited:
Razor = Rockwell 6s ( 4 )
Blade = Brazilian Gillette Super Stainless ( 1 )
Brush = C&H Le Manns Gulf V18.
Soap = Hibernia By Signature Soaps
with matching splash
Balm = Barts Ben Lomond
View attachment 106051
Another Too drawer shave & last shave in Brazil
i very much doubt i’ll be back
so what better way to end my time here with the wonderful Hibernia.
Another Soap i never want to be without,
These soaps just do everything they are meant to,
First Class.
The shave was a straight 10/10 which is quite fitting for my departure tomorrow.
30 hours of travelling tomorrow so i think i might need a cheeky we shandy to help me sleep.
So until my next shave on Tuesday Adios Amigos
Celebrating Rio De Janeiro GIF by xponentialdesign
Safe journey home

20 May, 2023
Prep: Hot towel
Razor: Barbaros TR-1
Blade: Polsilver (Lodz) 6
Brush: New Forest Tubby 1 Finest
Soap: Løthur: Samber
Fragrance: Manhattan Eau de Parfum by Roja Dove

I don't reach for the TR-1 very often, but when I do, I'm rewarded with an exceptionally smooth shave, and today was no different. Oh yeah!

PXL_20230520_143356744~2.jpg
May 20. 2023.

Milky May.

Razor - Sheild Predator
Blade - Gem - #2
Soap - Signature Soaps - Capra
Brush - Alpha / Thater - Bully Boy 400 silvertip fan
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag - Tea Tonique - Miller Harris EDP

Another Milky May shave, this time it is the Sig Soaps Capra and today it was whipped into a creamy lather by the Alpha - Thater collaboration brush, Bully Boy 400, like the T400 but bigger and fitted with a 26mm silvertip badger knot.
The shave was fantastic, everything working in perfect harmony, leaving me with super smooth skin that feels great, Milky May is doing wonders for my skin!

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy!

Paul.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom