SOTD: Saturday May 20 - Friday 26 May 2023.

IMG_1673.jpeg
SOTD: 20/05/2023

Razor: Gillette Tech
Blade: Pol Silver Super Iridium, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Sagrada Familia
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Noble Otter The Noir Et Vanille Puck
Balm: Liz Earle Aftershave Balm Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Woody Oud EdP

A fab shave to start the weekend away.

Yaqi Tile razor head :: Statum blade (1) :: Semogue SOC boar brush :: P&B Albion soap and splash
View attachment 106076An excellent shave. This razor tends to work well for me with most blades I'd tried, and Statum certainly worked very well. For me the real test of the blade will be with milder razors. The only thing was that the brush seemed to be eating the lather, I went back to the tub a few times.
My SOC is exactly the same. Eating the lather. I’ve got about a week on it and it’s breaking in nicely. Getting plenty for 2 passes now but 3rd needs a quick swirl back on the soap.

Pre: Sainsbury's Tea Tree Cleansing Bar
Razor: Charcoal Goods V3 L2 SB
Blade: NOS Gillette Bleue Extra (2) - V4 Q4 2000
Soap: Seaside - Frankinsense, Lavender & Bergamot
Brush: DS Cosmetic 'Super Soft' - 26mm Synthetic

20230520_230149.jpg

Seaside Soaps are new to me. Initial impressions are positive, although due to the croap like texture, it's necessary to be mindful of loading too much soap. The lather takes a good amount of water and slickness and post shave are all good.

SOTD: 21st May 2023.

10.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Dove Men+Care Clean Comfort Body + Face Wash.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Semogue 1470.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Scottish Fine Classic Shaving Soap.
Blade: Vidyut/Supermax Super Stainless. -(D2)
Razor: Parker 94R.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse/Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ Denim Original ASL. / Creightons Sensitive PSB.

Greetings,

A relaxing Sunday morning shave.

A wonderful performance from the Semogue 1470....My re-found fondness for my humble boar brushes this year grows with each outing.

A close comfortable 2 pass +pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Creightons Sensitive PSB.

My face is feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Keep safe, and enjoy your Sunday ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Sat 20
Soap Ariana & Evans Summer Fig
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Razor Gold Dollar 208
Aftershave Bvlgari Balm & EDT
Nice lather from this soap...creamy, slick with a pleasant scent...the aftershaves were terrific!
This razor's edge is truly beautiful...despite not looking as good
20230520_100956.jpg
Sun 21
Soap & Aftershave Stirling Boat Drinks & Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mojito
Razor Ribbon 1000
Excellent combination of soap, brush, and splash.
Nice relaxing shave with this excellent razor. Buttery smooth and crisp edge...
20230521_115110.jpg

Sat 20th May

Alpha Classic G4 28mm
L’Occitane Cade soap
PAL Injectomatic
NOS Schick S/S - Holland ( 5 )
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

An early Shave before another long day out Officiating. Was nice to feel assured that the Shave would be good, unless I did something silly. Don’t think I have had a bad Shave in any Razor with a Dutch blade on board.

3FA56569-4E2D-41D6-825E-EA8165161D46.jpeg

My SOC is exactly the same. Eating the lather. I’ve got about a week on it and it’s breaking in nicely. Getting plenty for 2 passes now but 3rd needs a quick swirl back on the soap.

I'm using my SOCs over the weekend and likewise, mine can be thirsty!

My strategy is to soak well, wring out and pull up a proto-lather on the soap. Set aside, while I have my pre-shave wash. Then quick dip of the brush to get a little water, few swirls on the soap again and then onto my face. That'll do for me as I do two passes at most.

@exists @Drew71

21 May

SV 70th Anniversary
Cadman M55
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Feather Hi-Stainless
SV 70th Anniversary asl

D2E18DC7-0FC0-49AC-8E24-F1DD5A3C3B0D.jpeg
A fifth shave with the Feather in the Nodachi and it is still good and sharp. A close and very comfortable two pass shave this morning. The lather created with the Cadman brush with its 30mm Tuxedo knot was fabulous, and the scent is subtle and classy.

SOTD 20230521 Eccellenza by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Bat71 Chubby Plus, Prugno (Plum Wood), Frank Shaving, Finest 2-band, 26x50x110mm
  • Software: Abbate Y La Mantia Laureato
    Sapone da Barba 150ml | Lozione Dopobarba 100ml
  • Strop: Paciccio La Paciccella
    Nappa Laether Boredeaux / Porcellino Chamois Brown
  • Razor: Mondesir 87 Gold Cream
    Kayser Ellison & Co's Best Sheffield Silver Steel, 20x70mm (-13/16), 48g, Full Hollow, Round Point,
    Deco&Gliding on blade, Jimps Up&Down, Double Stab, Silver Plate Mondesir on Three Pin Cream Scales
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#Test #Titanic #ShavingSoap #WIP

Sat 21st May

Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: stirling satsuma
Splash: stirling satsuma
Balm: stirling satsuma
Edt: stirling satsuma
Amum bloc

Bowl: Giles shaving co
Brush: alpha outlaw
Razor: karve stainless OC-D plate
Blade: feather 1st use

Afternoon folks went for the usual 3 pass shave today and decided to go for a full set and use stirling satsuma great lather on the soap and a great scent on all the products very clean fresh and citrus.
Also paired the karve with the feather and a very close and smooth shave
Have a great Sunday
20230521_121545.jpg20230521_121856.jpg20230521_121927.jpg

Back
Top Bottom