SOTD: Saturday May 20 - Friday 26 May 2023.

View attachment 106229
SOTD: 23/05/2023

Razor: Stando Rod
Blade: Kai Captain Mild Blue, 4th use
Brush: Highlander “Azzuri” Custom Brush Boti 4th Gen Pink 3 Color Synthetic Knot
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Stirling Campania Puck
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Fragrance: Stirling Campania Eau de Toilette

I’ve no idea why I keep searching for citrus soaps and scents when I love this so much, citrus and fig make Lee a happy boy! The Rod was a delight as always and the Kai just seems to work so well in it. I need to start buying some more ac blades, I have a cart of these and feather pros but have since discovered a lot of others and need to buy a few!
Anyway the shave was excellent and I need to get some more Stirling soon!
Hi Lee

When we next meet I'll pass you a few Kai Protouch MG blades. They're as smooth as silk whichever razor I use them in.

SOTD 20230524.
P6CMV50.jpg

Proraso pre-shave cream (blue).
Semogue SOC.
T.O.B.S "Cedarwood" shaving cream.
Timeless Ti 0.68 OC / Stork Ti "Anaconda" handle.
Rapira Swedish Super Steel (3).
Pitralon "Classic" AS.

Yesterday I had a good shave with the Pearl Flexi and the 6th use of the Astra SP. I was tempted to use the same setup today but thought better of it, so I kept the rest the same and used my Slim on #5 with a new Silver Star Egyptian blade. The Droyts glycerine hand soap is all I need for a hot flannel prep, and it's very slick so I leave a bit on before the lathering.

This is a lovely razor and the result is excellent.
20230524_081438.jpg

Last edited:
Wednesday 24 May

I‘m a huge fan of Schick and the Colonel in particular for providing such a great range of superb SE injector type razors virtually all of which are still around and mostly affordable to use and enjoy today. Schick did however introduce a DE TTO from 1958 known as the Krona. The Russians even made a clone it was so good. Difficult to find one today in good nick as they were all well used and the plastic handle in particular often deformed over time. NIB can be found but are expensive.
Mine has been well looked after, no box, and lacks the Krona stamp on a blade door but is clearly a Schick not the Russian clone.
This one hit the spot with a Personna super US blade second use, these blades seem get better after initial use. The brush/soap combo gave a very smooth, mildly scented but refreshing lather.
2 passes, pick ups and I’m good to go :cool:
Have a fine day fellas!

IMG_0090.jpeg

SotD-24/05/23.

After reading a write-up & review on the DS Cosmetics DS-D8 Polished Brass Razor.
Decided to give it a go.
Purchased from AliExpress just over a week ago it arrived yesterday afternoon.

Went for the 0.68mm blade gap & the parallel top cap.
First use this morning.
Really comfortable autopilot shave. Easy to sus out the shaving angle due to the top cap.

2 pass shave with a superb bbs finish.
Couldn't ask for more really very impressive for a relatively small price tag.

Pre: - Hot Shower & Steamed Towel
Razor: - DS Cosmetics D8 Brass (0.68)
Blade: - Rapira LaDas (New)
Brush: - Simpson Chubby 2 'Copper Ice' Synthetic
Soap: - Mitchell's Wool Fat
EdP: - Parfums De Marly 'Oajan'

Happy Shaves To All .

20230524_084305.jpg20230524_084435.jpg20230524_084648.jpg20230524_084825.jpg

24/05/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - Jayaruh #291 Synth Tuxedo Knot
Soap - Martin De Candre Rose
Razor - Blackland Tradere
Blade - Personna Med Prep
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Macdui - Rosemary & Sandalwood
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Rose
Wk 21 (4).JPG
Gotta' admit, the MDC Rose is winning the scent battle of these samples.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

24 May

Wickham 1912 Apricus
Simpson M7
Gillette Adjustable E4
Gillette Silver Blue
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

F1365795-3F8F-4BB7-9858-94E5B2A8A38D.jpeg
Just to prove me wrong, not a single hair shed from my old Simpson Manchurian today. A citrus scented shave for a lovely bright day. Two comfortable passes left a smooth finish with this grand old razor. Great stuff.

Sotd-24-05-23.png
Henson AL13 - Treet carbon Classic - Frank Shaving two-band - DG Opulence soap & splash.

I had never used any Declaration Grooming products until this morning. It's probably fair to say I expected good things from them - given the price point, market position and generally glowing reviews you see. I'm absolutely not disappointed - both the soap and the splash are really top end and a joy to use. Premium. It ticks all the uber-artisan boxes - complex and sophisticated scent - check - exotic ingredients list - Peruvian Bouncing spider silk peptides? - check. Beautifully designed graphics and presentation? Check. It's really good. The scent is prominent and complex. Definitely opulent and masculine. I thought at points it drifted in the direction of Terre d'Hermes or Tom Ford Oud Wood? The soap took a bucket of water to bring it to life - and a good thrashing with a two-band - but the resulting lather can only be described as 'yogurty' - solid and slick - very impressive. The post feel was the upper end for me - no surprise as the third listed ingredient is castor oil - a given for my skin. The splash didn't sting and left a balm superfluous - I didn't put another scent on top - it's quite strong. Comparable to Extro or A&E longevity in my opinion.

So - that was as good a shave as I've had for ages. Everything was superb - greater than the sum of its parts. It's nice to try a product that completely fulfills - and indeed - exceeds your expectations. I can see other DG scents in my shaving future. No danger. The final aspect of why I enjoyed the shave so much was that the soap and splash arrived out of the blue as a gift from @Paul L - I am indebted to you mate. The forum is working as it should. :)

cheers all - I.

View attachment 106276
Henson AL13 - Treet carbon Classic - Frank Shaving two-band - DG Opulence soap & splash.

I had never used any Declaration Grooming products until this morning. It's probably fair to say I expected good things from them - given the price point, market position and generally glowing reviews you see. I'm absolutely not disappointed - both the soap and the splash are really top end and a joy to use. Premium. It ticks all the uber-artisan boxes - complex and sophisticated scent - check - exotic ingredients list - Peruvian Bouncing spider silk peptides? - check. Beautifully designed graphics and presentation? Check. It's really good. The scent is prominent and complex. Definitely opulent and masculine. I thought at points it drifted in the direction of Terre d'Hermes or Tom Ford Oud Wood? The soap took a bucket of water to bring it to life - and a good thrashing with a two-band - but the resulting lather can only be described as 'yogurty' - solid and slick - very impressive. The post feel was the upper end for me - no surprise as the third listed ingredient is castor oil - a given for my skin. The splash didn't sting and left a balm superfluous - I didn't put another scent on top - it's quite strong. Comparable to Extro or A&E longevity in my opinion.

So - that was as good a shave as I've had for ages. Everything was superb - greater than the sum of its parts. It's nice to try a product that completely fulfills - and indeed - exceeds your expectations. I can see other DG scents in my shaving future. No danger. The final aspect of why I enjoyed the shave so much was that the soap and splash arrived out of the blue as a gift from @Paul L - I am indebted to you mate. The forum is working as it should. :)

cheers all - I.
I'm pleased that you like the soap and splash, Iain.

The pleasure is all mine . . . . .

Not a bad shave from the 45C with this Eversharp blade; two rarely used items in the shaving den. The Eversharp seems less sharp than yesterday (it's its second outing) but still decent.

Rating: 4 / 5

Razor: Merkur 45C
Blade: Eversharp Super Stainless
Brush: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Amber Aerolite Stygian Synthetic
Lather: Cella
Aftershave: Imperial Leather clone (home made) Uses Magnificent Leather fragrance from Scent from Heaven https://shavingbuddies.com/shave/646dc1f17561cd6e4045c662

20230524_171416.jpg

Preshave - Pears Transparent Soap
Razor - H&D 3 Piece
Blade - Asco SS
Brush - TSC Best Badger
Soap - Proraso Red
Splash - Tabac

Gave this freebie razor another another try. Only used once before and it left me with a rash. Think I over shaved as it's so different to my other razors.

20230524_171714.jpg

Took it easy today. Much better. Not the smoothest shave, or the closest, but two passes have left me comfortable and presentable(ish). Will probably use this for the rest.of the week.

20230524_174148.jpg

Back
Top Bottom