SOTD: Saturday May 20 - Friday 26 May 2023.

I'm feeling Mognonimous this morning. Having shaved all week with Cella pretty much, I fancied something fresher. Digging in the den I found my little bar of Ach Brito Mogno which almost looks like those mini packs of playing cards. It's an unassuming and easily overlooked bathroom hero. After a wash with hot towel and Droyts which left me slick and ready, I rubbed the Mogno over my skin and then a few flicks on the bar with my Phantom Aerolite. An amazing creamy slick shiny lather sprang up immediately, I had forgotten how well this performs. The scent is a light, fresh marine aroma. 3rd go with the Slim and Silver Star. Effortless and smooth. I got cocky and gave myself a tiny weeper ATG on the top lip but this is a very close and comfortable shave.
View attachment 106400
Mognonimous! I love it!
It is a great soap. I ordered a sample amongst about a dozen others and it really stood out for me.

I feel like I should revisit the Silver Star blades. There are a few people on here who really rate them, and they were cheap when ebay sold them. I may pick up a pack and some Nacets (I have 50 Nacets but can't find them. Must be in another of my shaving bunkers)

Friday 26th May
Claymore Evolution - Schick Proline P #3 - Vitos Red Super - Yaqi Red Marble - Boots Freshwood AS - Aloe Vera Gel
IMG-20230525-100825-01.jpg

I have to say your SOTD posts are the main reason I started posting my SOTDs again.

I'm not a Twitterer but wanted to share this from my comedy hero

My heroes. One of greatest comedy duos of all time. Sad story about Rik who I had the great pleasure of seeing as a solo comedian. Best heckler put down I've ever seen.

Throws the microphone to a lady in the front row who wouldn't shut up..

'It's your fucking show now, get on with it then'

Oh, and thank you. I see myself as being in need of some therapy, but I will have to check with my wife first.

26 May

Extro Bergamotto di Calabria
Semogue SOC Taj
Rex Ambassador
Treet Platinum
Signature Soaps Hibernia splash

EDF79F63-E648-4CC6-9AD4-271626EA31F4.jpeg
A citrus shave this morning. The Rex was on top form providing its usual excellent performance. The same could not be said of the Semogue, which, despite a thorough cleaning (Agent Shave style), provided a thin lather that dissipated quickly and disappointed enormously. This brush is not working for me. Never mind, plenty of others that do.

26/05/23
Pre - Droyt's Classic Glycerose Soap
Brush - AP Shave 24mm Silksmoke
Soap - Martin De Candre Agrumes
Razor - Razorock Hawk V3 "A"
Blade - Kai Captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck -Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Jasmine
Wk 21 (6).JPG
That's the end of the Agrumes sample, thank you Jed @Borygmi, i did enjoy it.
Overall a nice shave.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.

Friday 26 May

Three piece slant today, no idea make, probably bought through Ali express early in my Magpie razor collecting era. However, it matched yesterday’s Mercur two piece slant performance no problem. Same Astra blade. The handle is the best bit of this bad boy and it’s quite a heavy job to haul around the fizog, but hey it works fine.
The travel brush is also a cheap no-name item that I fitted a synthetic knot to as the old one was knackered. The metal work is very thin and the tube ends probably sharp enough to shave with although I haven’t tried. Neither razor nor brush are works of art but after soaping up with the Positano, 2 passes and pick ups gave a perfectly acceptable dfs finish.
Razoring doesn’t need to be expensive clearly, so why do we seek high end products to fill our cabinets? I’m thinking @Satanfriendly is right, we probably all need therapy :ROFLMAO:

Poets day fellas, enjoy!

IMG_0093.jpeg

2dd5ebc0-687f-46f5-beed-848dbf3e53f7-jpg.1660613

26May23

My 'Frugal Friday' shave. Palmolive takes center stage. I'll be sad when I finish off my last stick of this, but hopefully, that is far in the future. The Baili TTO and Sharp 7AM Plus blade made easy work of my whiskers. Skin Bracer helped wake up my senses post-shave.

Not pictured is the Pears Mint soap I used as a pre-shave.

Back
Top Bottom