SOTD: Saturday March 25 - Friday 31 March 2023.

Today's shave continues with the Flare tip and Treet Platinum of yesterday. However due to the kindness of Ebberman the postie brought me a box of Droyt's glycerine soaps and shave soap bar, so I had to try them today. I normally use Pears or LT Magno to wash before each shave, but Magno has to be imported from Spain which makes it expensive, and Droyts is better than Pears, as well as being a small traditional family business who seem to have settled here having been hounded across Europe, so a great back story. The glycerine provided me with a nice slickness and nourished feeling after washing.

I wasn't sure how the Simpson best badger was going to work with the shave soap bar but needn't have worried, a few strokes of a damp brush was enough to load it. I started off fairly dry, ended up slightly overhydrating it, went back to the soap and ended up with a lot of lovely lather! The scent is very light, a pleasant soapy smell with a hint of what they call eau de cologne, so no clashing. Performance is good, it did start to dissipate slightly, probably because I added too much water initially, but I had more than enough for 3 close passes. Many thanks Ebberman for introducing me to this great traditional soap and shave bar.

Bio oil and Zara #Tobacco collection to finish. It's a great scent, which as I have a work beers evening later, should ensure the right impression.
20230330_190417.jpg

Do you usually buy two of everything?
Angry Spongebob Squarepants GIF

If I don't

SotD-31/03/23.

Had a bit of Mare this morning the soap fell off the sink & smashed the container. Managed the salvage the soap .

The shave made up for my annoyed mood.
Love the Design 94 & the Arkadia Set is a great scent.

Pre: - Hot Shower/Steamed Towel
Razor: - Design 94 Ti
Blade: - Lord Platinum (New)
Brush: - Trotters Handcrafts Oumo Knot (26mm)
S&S: - Sterling Arkadia

Happy Shaves To All & Enjoy Your Weekend...

20230331_120207.jpg20230331_120519.jpg

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green)
Blade: Derby Premium (1)
Brush: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green) -Synthetic
S Cream: Simpsons

It's no surprise why this razor is recommended to someone starting their DE journey. Such a pleasure to use and such a great result. Even if you are an experienced DE shaver I urge you to (re)visit the Muhle R89. It will definitely raise questions as why spending more on a razor :unsure:

View attachment 103248
Ah, that old chestnut, “needs vs wants” why oh why, but we do covet beautiful objects so …… I promise no more razors darling, honest :ROFLMAO:

XV7a3ON.jpg

Prep: Country Life Tallow/Lanolin/Glycerin Soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: H.L. Thäter 3-band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Barrister and Mann The Four Horsemen - Death
Razor: Blutt BR-1 (1.20mm)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Spoiler (11)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber Aftershave Lotion
Scent: Geo. F. Trumper Eucris EdC

Friday 31 March

Final go with Schick repeater today, the Type B.
Soap; Tabac
Brush; Spalted Beech synthetic
Blade; Schick platinum injector

My overall observations are that the three different types of repeater all give a comfortable if mild shave, but very dependent on the quality of the blade used. The Type C was the final iteration of the model. Types A and B gave problems with the internal removable spring which loads the blade into the head and the multi blade holder gismo which together can jam up. The razors can be taken down to free the jam but is a hassle if you are late for work and your face is covered in soap. So, Type 3 has a fixed spring but whilst this is probably most people’s favourite this wasn’t really the answer. Thankfully, the Colonel saw commercial sense and moved on to the injector version. No more jamming and many happy years of Schick injectors (plus modern wannabes) to grace our creaking bathroom shelf.
Dfs plus splash of Old Spice to finish, excellent.
Have an enjoyable poets day fellas!

132AF7FF-0E02-454E-8955-9AC4930C5DEC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom