SOTD: Saturday March 25 - Friday 31 March 2023.

25th March 2023.

1.jpg

Shaving Recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face & head.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl: Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Edwin Jagger Limes & Pomegranate Shaving Cream.
Razor: Edwin Jagger DE 89. (Kelvin) (Face) - Silver Star Super Stainless. (D1)
Razor: Ever Ready 1912. (ENG) (Head/Dome) - Personna Gem PTFE SS. (D3)

Cold water face & head wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face & Head Rinse./Alum Rub. / Homemade (~Autumn/Winter mix~) peppermint lavender, eucalyptus, + Tea Tree essential Oils Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel. / Brut Sport Style ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

A new eclectic shave set up to start the weekend....Finishing off my Egyptian & Turkish blade focus with the Lord Silver Star Super Stainless which are my personal favourite from the Lord home.

Out of vast the amount of DE blades i have tried my preference is Super Stainless & Platinum. I really like especially the Lord Silver Star, and various others, especially ones from the subcontinent which don't get the credit they rightly deserve.

It's been a while since I last added the EJ DE89 which has the same head as my much loved Muhle R89, the only difference is the handle on the EJ (Kelvin) is shorter, of which i prefer and the price difference. Both razors perform near the same, the only difference in performance for me is the R89 feels marginally more efficient, but this could be the blade choice.

A close comfortable head/dome shave with the ER 1912.

I repeat myself and say if i had known how wonderful smooth, & efficient SE razors where especially Injector razors when i first ventured into the wonderful world of traditional wet shaving i probably wouldn't have bought a DE razor as they provide and give everything that is required for a close comfortable shave.

Another close comfortable face and head shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh Moisturising Gel.

My face & precious swede are feeling super smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy the start of the weekend ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

Last edited:
Today's shave:

rdt230325nff69.jpg

- Zingari The Wanderer
- Vie-Long 16510 Silberspitz
- Edwin Jagger 3ONE6 mit ASP (12)
- Tabac Man AS

:D

Saturday 25th March

Omega 10065 Boar - TFS Barber Block - Daune Barber Razor/Treet Platinum -Proraso Green AS

An Italian job today. While searching through a drawer I found the Daune which I had ordered at the same time as my Razorine. They arrived at the same time and this one was promptly stored and forgotten about.Made by the same family that make the Razorine....it has apparently been a staple of Italian Barbers for many years. It took a little time to get used to the weight.....or lack of....but the result was excellent:)

Saturday 25th March

Pre shave: PAA cube
Soap: zingariman the rambler
Splash: zingariman the rambler
Balm: zingariman the rambler
Alum bloc
Edp: zingariman the rambler

Bowl: wet the face
Brush: Boti 30mm synthetic
Razor: karve stainless OC-D plate
Blade: Gillette nacet 3rd use

Morning folks went for the usual 3 pass this morning and decided to go full zingariman yeqh really nice scent on this a fruity tabaco scent with vanilla also used the karve again and brilliant with the nacet on its final use
Have a great weekend
20230325_082601.jpg20230325_083021.jpg

SOTD 25-Mar
20230324_143758.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Eyespot' V18
Soap: Speakeasy
Razor: Koraat 6/8

Wonderful shave this morning after a brief refresh last night. Seemed to do the trick and bring it back, though I did get a bit of feedback from the AS, clearly out of practice.

Nice finish and ready for the weekend to kick off.

Hope everyone has a cracking day!

Cheers

Marc

PXL_20230325_121340892~2.jpg
SOTD March 25. 2023.

Razor - Blackland Blackbird Ti
Blade - Feather Hi Stainless
Soap - GFT - Spanish Leather (sample)
Brush - Boti Silvertip fan
Bowl - Capitans Choice - Copper
Post - Refinery ASB
Frag Miller Harris - Etui Nour EDP

It's a miserable Saturday, wind and rain that's set to last all day but the shave must go on!
Dispite the inclement weather outside I had a wonderful shave, my Blackbird Ti and a Feather blade is the perfect match.
However it needs a good lather to perform perfectly.
@Mike Smart sent me a sample of GFT Spanish Leather cream, thanks Mike, I knew regardless of the scent this cream is up to the job, the scent was an added extra and what a scent it was!
I will have to buy some of this lovely shave cream.
I had a close but comfortable shave leaving my skin perfectly smooth with zero irritation.
To finish I applied a drop of Refinery ASB to the shaved area and as I did this I was feeling for the slightest bit of stubble but there was none to feel!
A few sprays of Etui Nour from Miller Harris and I was perfectly shaven and smelling great.
During the shave I had totally forgotten about the nasty weather outside, I was In shaver heaven! :)

Until the next time, stay safe and shave happy!

Paul.PXL_20230325_115904609~2.jpg
Etui Nour - Miller Harris.

Back
Top Bottom