SOTD: Saturday March 25 - Friday 31 March 2023.

Thursday.
Sticking with the Truefitt and Hill soap, and with another Treet Platinum (1), this time with an SOC and my birth year/quarter Flare tip.

In spite of the SOC's tendency to hog the lather a bit, I had a lovely shave with this combo. So far I've had Astra SP greens and Wilkinson Sword blades in the Flare and found them a tad harsh. Maybe just me getting used to the razor, or another factor, but today's shave was spot on from the first stroke. Hope yours was too.
20230330_083855.jpg

Thursday 30 March
Still on my Schick repeater work through and today the Type C, closed comb. Also used my latest brush, a friend produced the handle from spalted beech and I fitted a 22 mm synthetic knot. The Signature soap is a sample puck and I must say it is a winner for me, great lather, lasting scent and easy to apply. Thing is I have so many soaps that it may be a few years before I really need, rather than want to buy more.
Schick repeaters/injectors are as good as the blade used, I know that’s a statement of the bleedin’ obvious but without taking care, fitting them can easily damage the edge so that a new blade is then crap, pardon my french. Today the blade was good, not perfect, and after 2 passes and quite a bit of pick up the end result was dfs, no irritation or weepers.
So begins another grey and damp day here. Never mind, dire predictions in the media of heatwaves and drought for this summer should brighten things up :eek:

Enjoy the day fellas!

7EEFC1A0-616B-4B93-971F-6B6C4A72EA48.jpeg

SOTD 20230330 Passero by IschiaPP @ Forio
  • Brush: Oumo Brush, Babel Nebula, Sparrow S1, 27x50x115mm, 93g
  • Soap: Golden Beards Copenhagen Organic Honey Shaving Soap
  • Razor: FrankenRazor Focus 42115
    FaTip 42115 Originale Grande Classico v2 Gold Metal 2016 / Cumbo Srl Focus Tritok Blue 2020
    Brass, Aluminium, 13x43x97mm, 62g (32/30)
  • Blade: Gillette Minora Platinum #3
  • After: Intesa Pour Homme Energy Power Balsamo Dopobarba Energizzante
#Shave #WetShaving #WetShavers
#ShaveOfTheDay #ShaveLikeaMan
#Test #3017 #ShavingSoap #Day1
cyhWckj.jpg

Full size: 1200x900px | Soundtrack: Lucas Imbiriba - Sultans of Swing (by Dire Straits)

Razor: Razoroc GC .68 OC
Blade: Wilkinson Sword (India) (1)
Brush: Simpson Duke 3 (Best)
Soap & Splash: Declaration Grooming Chaotic Neutral

Back to the one that started it all! When I first got into soaps I remember hours spent researching bases and then reading scent notes one by one to narrow it down. Turns out I got it right first time and this is absolutely the best scent, there is nothing else like it.

Attachments

• 20230329_225017.jpg
    20230329_225017.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 6
Afternoon all,

Pre, shower
Brush, Boti
Soap / Cream, Simpsons Unscented (more a croap than a soap)
Blade, Permasharp (1st use)
Razor, Pearl Hammer
Post, Southern Witchcraft Incorporeal
Music, Morgan Wallen

Simpsons unscented always produces great results, inoffensive scent. My usual 3 grain pass. I had around 2 days worth of material, nothing particularly onerous. The Hammer dealt with it very effectively, i'd suggest its a smooth but efficient razor. Its a big razor with some heft but i had no issues manoeuvring it around my face. I prefer slightly more efficient / aggressive razors, think Blackbird for example. And this one feels a little less efficient / aggressive than that.

I am always careful and take my time these days because its more the experience than just whizzing through.

I'm very happy with the results, a very nice, clean and close shave. For me at this price point and the performance its a keeper and a great deal.

Best,

Ben

30/03/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Simpson Chubby 2 LE Faux Tortoise Synth
Soap - OSP Neroli
Razor - Colonial General V2
Blade - Kai captain Titan Mild
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Barts Balm Ben Kilbreck -Neroli, Rosemary & Jasmine
A/S - OSP Neroli
Wk 13 (6).JPG
Firstly, Thank you for all your thoughts and well wishes.
14 and out for this Kai Pink, its still sharp enough, however, i can feel the edge beginning to dull.
OSP Neroli, oh yes.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

after the usual 1-2 minute hot towel prep:

1955 President/London Bridge (vintage)
1964 flopmeister silvertip/Coates lime shaving cream (old stuff)
Lucky Tiger after shave
Bvlgari 'Black; Edt

Excellent three days wortha whiskers wacking shave with this old London Bridge blade, kindly gifted to me by NTS. Very sharp, smooth, and quite forgiving, this is one I could easily use every day.

BBS results,

Martin

Thursday 30th March

Soap • Stirling Electric Sheep
Brush • Yaqi Purple Haze Mew Brown
Razor • Feather ACSR-NB
Blade • Kai Protouch MG (10)
Post • Stirling Electric Sheep Splash

Normal service was resumed, following my last shave with a Chinese copy of a Kai MG blade. As with most things in life - only the real thing works like the real thing.
This Protouch MG on its 10th use is still plenty sharp and smooth.
The new to me Feather ACSR-NB shavette, with its more robust and grippy handle, is very comfortable to hold. This aids a little boost to confidence imo.

Back
Top Bottom