SOTD: Saturday March 25 - Friday 31 March 2023.

Wednesday 29th March

AMWts8DMJS-2PwNGLM-1TpyjKVxHG_NVqOXtxaRq_nOl2VLc-F3MHXHiMndKXFD-XWXE03k6Kwsi543PzLs0tp4uqZJqBFqRIVGHSvbKbx0E6dj3f2ZP3kcR1vkyuBEFzlja1IOaWEfZRi1D00cK2cykwmRSEA=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Yardley Black Label (Vintage) Shaving Stick & Omega 80005 Pure Bristle
Leaf Twig & Dorco STP-300 (2)
Yardley Black Label (Vintage) Aftershave

By 'eck that really is good kit!

First use of the vintage Yardley yesterday and I really enjoyed it. Repeat today

The aftershave is very potent and has a superb retro-afterburn. If folks think Pashana is strong and smells of piss, this is a chronic alcoholic's first piss of the day!

Super duper!

I agree with your assessment of the SS Vector, P. You know I wasn't the biggest fan of it. It throws in to question my logic for buying the Ti version but logic isn't always present in this game. It's been a while since I used the SS Vector but this version appears smoother on first use.
I have found the Blackbird Ti to be much smoother than the stainless steel version, strange but true!

Paul.

29/03/23
Pre - Pears Transparent Original
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus Pure Bristle 1950
Soap - Vintage GIBBS 1950's
Razor - Gillette Techmatic
Blade - Band #5
Post - Cold water Rinse
Balm - Tonyschin's Orange & Neroli Balm & Argan Oil
A/S - Mäurer & Wirtz 4711 Jasmine
View attachment 103168
Rough night and rough morning, My little dog Ruby went downhill very quickly from yesterday afternoon. We nursed her through the night and were in the vets first thing this Morning. Sadly she did not make it and we had to say our goodbyes. Absolutely gutted.
Managed a shave when we got back, not the most efficient razor, however, it did the job in 3 very mild passes.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all.
View attachment 103170View attachment 103171

A terrible loss Tony horrible news & my condolences ...

29/03/23
Blade - Band #5
Post - Cold water Rinse
View attachment 103168
Rough night and rough morning, My little dog Ruby went downhill very quickly from yesterday afternoon. We nursed her through the night and were in the vets first thing this Morning. Sadly she did not make it and we had to say our goodbyes. Absolutely gutted.
Managed a shave when we got back, not the most efficient razor, however, it did the job in 3 very mild passes.
So sorry to hear this. Take care, it’s never easy

EC8CB16A-0570-4801-8318-26C894F8BA88.jpeg
SOTD: 30/03/2023

Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai Titan Mild Pink , 12th use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Mirto Di Sardegna Puck
Balm: Bart's Balm BEN KILBRECK Balm
Fragrance: Maison Alhambra Porto Neroli EdP

Foolishly thought about losing the Vector from the den for the last week or so but after todays near perfect shave I came to my senses and it’s going nowhere!

29/03/23
Blade - Band #5
Post - Cold water Rinse
View attachment 103168
So sorry to hear that, my condolences.

Thu 30
Soap Signature Soaps Eboracum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Joseph Rodgers 5/8
Aftershave Clubman Gents Gin
Superb lather qualities from this soap...wow! Brush and splash were top class too!
The razor is a pleasure to use. 3 passes for a bbs-ccs finish...
20230330_091153.jpg

SOTD: 30th March 2023.

thursday 4.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/ Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Original Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Frank Shaving 22mm Synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Proraso Sandalwood Shaving Cream.
Blade: Silver Star Super Stainless. (D2)
Frankenrazor: Muhle R41 bottom plate with Yaqi Mellon top cap + Schmidt R10 Handle.

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./Alum Rub./Cold Water Rinse. / Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./ P&G Old Spice Hawkridge ASL. /Baylis & Harding Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

Greetings,

Another wonderful comfortable shave to finish my shaving week off on a high. The Frankenrazor set up is my favourite to date. I will pair it with various other blades to see if i get the same results.

The Proraso Sandalwood shaving cream created a nice creamy slick protective lather with only a small amount in a short space of time The residual slickness is superb leaving an excellent post-shave feel to my mature skin.

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report. Finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Baylis & Harding Amber & Sandalwood ASB.

My face is feeling smooth cool, & smelling divine. ;)

Stay safe, and enjoy your day ladies & gentlemen. :cool:

29/03/23
Blade - Band #5
Post - Cold water Rinse
View attachment 103168
So sorry to hear Tony!

SOTD 30-Mar
20230329_115659.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Finned' V14
Soap: Shulton Old Spice
Razor: Gillette New LC
Blade: Wizamet (Z-2)

That's the stuff right there, picked up a small travel bottle of the cologne and now I can see what the fuss is, gorgeous stuff. Along with the LC and Wiz it was a fantastically smooth shave, happy days!

Hope everyone has a cracking day.

Cheers

Marc

Back
Top Bottom