SOTD: Saturday March 25 - Friday 31 March 2023.

03131323-B940-49FF-9BC4-0099A6F22B00.jpeg
SOTD: 31/03/2023

Razor: Occam’s Razor
Blade: Feather Pro, 3rd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Puck
Balm: Seaforth! Spice Lime Aftershave Toner Lotion
Fragrance: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Eau de Toilette

My first shave with the original Occam, and thankfully it shaves in a very similar manner to the nano. It’s an obviously heavier razor but not massively much more than the Oren. It is very similar and the shave is as effortless as the Oren, with the end results being an amazingly smooth shave almost as close as the Oren. I was worried the slightly bigger base plate would make for a more difficult under the nose shave but everything went without a hitch. I guess it doesn’t quite zip as speedily around the face as the Oren, but on my first shave it’s been very nearly just as amazing and certainly as enjoyable. It won’t stop me looking for an Oren but I’m extremely happy with the original and it’s a great addition to the den! I’ll do a direct comparison tomorrow of the original vs Oren but it’s a very close call on my first shave.

View attachment 103293
SOTD: 31/03/2023

Razor: Occam’s Razor
Blade: Feather Pro, 3rd use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balms Lochnagar Oil
Soap: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Puck
Balm: Seaforth! Spice Lime Aftershave Toner Lotion
Fragrance: Seaforth! Sea Spiced Lime Eau de Toilette

My first shave with the original Occam, and thankfully it shaves in a very similar manner to the nano. It’s an obviously heavier razor but not massively much more than the Oren. It is very similar and the shave is as effortless as the Oren, with the end results being an amazingly smooth shave almost as close as the Oren. I was worried the slightly bigger base plate would make for a more difficult under the nose shave but everything went without a hitch. I guess it doesn’t quite zip as speedily around the face as the Oren, but on my first shave it’s been very nearly just as amazing and certainly as enjoyable. It won’t stop me looking for an Oren but I’m extremely happy with the original and it’s a great addition to the den! I’ll do a direct comparison tomorrow of the original vs Oren but it’s a very close call on my first shave.

If you want zip you really do need to try the Enoch. I'd be happy to loan you mine.

And finally, my final entry for this past week of SOTD's and this one comes themed, 'Finally the final and that's final'

View attachment 103282

The final countdown - Ikon B1
The final edge - Super Max
Final application - Hive-2
Final bit of soap - Captain Fawcett's scarpicchio
Final coating - L'Occitane Cade balm
And finally... - Goutal Eau De Monsieur

'They think it's all over. It is now. And we don't have to put up with Satanfriendly any more. Hurrah hurrah'

And so is this shave. All over and done with, but a superb end to the week and what else would I expect from a God razor?

Have a most wonderful weekend you fellow shavateers and it only takes me to say 'I love you all' to end on...

Oh, and some puffyshoes.....

And we don't have to put up with Satanfriendly any more....Bollocks to that one. See you over the next few days.
Hopefully thats Bolton beating Plymouth Sunday!!!’

If you want zip you really do need to try the Enoch. I'd be happy to loan you mine.
That’s very generous I always enjoy trying new/old razors, and it would mean I’ve tried out quite a few of the razors they made! I’ll PM you in the morning. Do let me know if there’s any of mine you’d like to try out.

At the risk of overplaying my hand, it says Puff Hoes, and Puff means knocking shop, whorehouse, bordello etc in German. Once more, serendipity steps in with a Hotmetal level pun opportunity.

And to be English about it, a gardening implement used in the production of large scale cannabis farming.

Hopefully thats Bolton beating Plymouth Sunday!!!’
Not Gonna Happen No Way GIF by FaZe Clan

Today's shave continues with the Flare tip and Treet Platinum of yesterday. However due to the kindness of Ebberman the postie brought me a box of Droyt's glycerine soaps and shave soap bar, so I had to try them today. I normally use Pears or LT Magno to wash before each shave, but Magno has to be imported from Spain which makes it expensive, and Droyts is better than Pears, as well as being a small traditional family business who seem to have settled here having been hounded across Europe, so a great back story. The glycerine provided me with a nice slickness and nourished feeling after washing.

I wasn't sure how the Simpson best badger was going to work with the shave soap bar but needn't have worried, a few strokes of a damp brush was enough to load it. I started off fairly dry, ended up slightly overhydrating it, went back to the soap and ended up with a lot of lovely lather! The scent is very light, a pleasant soapy smell with a hint of what they call eau de cologne, so no clashing. Performance is good, it did start to dissipate slightly, probably because I added too much water initially, but I had more than enough for 3 close passes. Many thanks Ebberman for introducing me to this great traditional soap and shave bar.

Bio oil and Zara #Tobacco collection to finish. It's a great scent, which as I have a work beers evening later, should ensure the right impression.
View attachment 103253
Thanks for the enabling post. That shave bar piqued my interest. At £4.75 including p/p from https://www.sirgordonbennett.com/product/classic-glycerine-shaving-soap/

Ordered!

Back
Top Bottom