SOTD: Saturday March 25 - Friday 31 March 2023.

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: Bart’s Pre-Shave
Razor: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green)
Blade: Derby Premium (1)
Brush: Muhle R89 - Hexagon (Forest Green) -Synthetic
S Cream: Simpsons

It's no surprise why this razor is recommended to someone starting their DE journey. Such a pleasure to use and such a great result. Even if you are an experienced DE shaver I urge you to (re)visit the Muhle R89. It will definitely raise questions as why spending more on a razor :unsure:

View attachment 103248
But no one commented on the giant lug nut brush!

Friday AM 2023-03-31
Budimir Sobat set the official static apnea (breath-holding in water) world record of 24 minutes 33 seconds on this date in 2021
WfRuznd.jpg

A sort of Hemingway shave this morning, with the Ivory brush and Diamondback razor reminding me of his African safaris, in addition to the Caribbean-scented shaving cream and aftershave. My only 'connection' to Hemingway is the fact that while in high school I dated a girl who at one time held the women's world record for a marlin caught on a particular weight of fishing line.

Rooney Polo 1 Ivory Finest (24/54)
Hemingway Accoutrements + Trumper Coconut shaving creams mixture
Paradigm Diamondback
Personna 74 Tungsten (12)
Hemingway Accoutrements aftershave
aRodBwu.jpg

Friday 31st March

AMWts8DOAqyfRuW1yEl22tsbHNGA2J4Ukm5VquElD38jc1SuMTcEodQ0I0De1cdRcY0vZT6SsGY1ttGw96RXPh2YQxCGi4OcOBuG7_lEU8_0iKbvQejw583C6ukEucIm-8iRB6vzaRAUpmLyoTySLdfcENuDfg=w800

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Arko Shaving Stick (Grated) & Omega 80005 Pure Bristle
Razorock Eco & Dorco STP-300 (3)
Drakkar Noir Aftershave

Another dermal scraping with the Eco and yes, if the sound is a little raspy then tilt the razor back more ... it's quite quiet when the angle is taken from the apex, rather than aping an adze and cap-riding.

Razor = Onee Blade Hybrid
Razor = Muhle R41
Blade = Nacet ( 2 )
Brush = 26mm Star Wisp By PAA
Soap = B&M Electric Mayhem
Splash = B&M Electric Mayhem
Balm = Clarins Super Moisturiser
ETP = B&M Electric Mayhem
IMG_9936.jpegWell last Shave in the Uk for a month or so
so decided to go for a Synthetic brush due to it drying quicker.
i think iv only used this brush once before when i first got it & to be honest like most PAA brushes it lacks backbone and this one is particularly floppy.
Anyway a weird shave was had.
I started with the Hybrid,
not for the purists i know but i normally get a decent shave but not this time.
The blade was a second use which i found.
i reckon it must be more than 8 months since i last used it so unsure if this was the problem.
From Stroke 1 i felt it tuggy & blunt.
After doing nearly half my face i had to stop and quickly got the R41 which ended up being a brilliant shave.
3 passes of Luxurious lather set me up for suitcase packing duties lol.
Next Shave will be Sunday in Brazil,
Two days traveling can be a nightmare so a couple of martinis might help lol.
Onward & Upwards.
Stay Safe Boys n Girls

Razor = Onee Blade Hybrid
Razor = Muhle R41
Blade = Nacet ( 2 )
Brush = 26mm Star Wisp By PAA
Soap = B&M Electric Mayhem
Splash = B&M Electric Mayhem
Balm = Clarins Super Moisturiser
ETP = B&M Electric Mayhem
View attachment 103283Well last Shave in the Uk for a month or so
so decided to go for a Synthetic brush die to it drying quicker.
i think iv only used this brush once before when i first got it & to be honest like most PAA brushes it lacks backbone and this one is particularly floppy.
Anyway a weird shave was had.
I started with the Hybrid,
not for the purists i know but i normally get a decent shave but not this time.
The blade was a second use which i found.
i reckon it must be more than 8 months since i last used it so unsure if this was the problem.
From Stroke 1 i felt it tuggy & blunt.
After doing nearly half my face i had to stop and quickly got the R41 which ended up being a brilliant shave.
3 passes of Luxurious lather set me up for suitcase packing duties lol.
Next Shave will be Sunday in Brazil,
Two days traveling can be a nightmare so a couple of martinis might help lol.
Onward & Upwards.
Stay Safe Boys n Girls

Good luck with your flight and the trip to Brazil.

Today's lucky dip blade shave

Vintage ball end tech
MSC Frosted lavender
Dorco ST301
Body shop maca root and aloe post shave gel

Very nice combination with the tech and 301. Smooth sharp and efficient, needed a quick tidy up tonight and that blade did the job very well, one for the revisit pile.

Every time I pick up one of my old tech razors I always ask myself why I haven't just thrown all of my newer/fancier options in the bin as the techs always just work

9FAC1A63-1E5B-434D-8C5D-3E2CC07E2155.jpeg

Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Astra SP (2)
Brush: Mühle Sophist STF 23mm
Pre-Shave: Lacura Moisturising Face Wash
Lather: DR Harris Windsor
Aftershave: Hawkins & Brimble Balm
Additional Care: Witch Hazel, Glycerin, Aloe Vera Gel, Peppermint, Lavender and Tea Tree Essential Oils
Fragrance: Terre D’Hermes EDT

I didn’t have time to post yesterdays shave as I went out for a family meal so posting it now. Windsor is one of my favourite soaps, I also have Arlington and Marlborough which are wonderful scents too.

And finally, my final entry for this past week of SOTD's and this one comes themed, 'Finally the final and that's final'

20230331_170656.jpg

The final countdown - Ikon B1
The final edge - Super Max
Final application - Hive-2
Final bit of soap - Captain Fawcett's scarpicchio
Final coating - L'Occitane Cade balm
And finally... - Goutal Eau De Monsieur

'They think it's all over. It is now. And we don't have to put up with Satanfriendly any more. Hurrah hurrah'

And so is this shave. All over and done with, but a superb end to the week and what else would I expect from a God razor?

Have a most wonderful weekend you fellow shavateers and it only takes me to say 'I love you all' to end on...

Oh, and some puffyshoes.....

And we don't have to put up with Satanfriendly any more....Bollocks to that one. See you over the next few days.

Back
Top Bottom