SOTD : Saturday 9 July - Friday 15 July 2022.

Old Spice with cinnamon and sweet orange - where was I when this was concreted??
Roll on pay day . . .

Edit. Just found the thread
It is every bit as good as it sounds P. I'd offer to send down a sample but I think you are already sold? :)

To my nose - the soap is forward Old Spice and Terry's chocolate orange and the splash tops out more cinammon and nutmeg. Gorgeous. It's the first of @BrianH splashes I've used and it punches way above its price point. Highly recommended mate. I doubt you'd be disappointed.

- I.

Wednesday AM 2022-07-13
National Go West Day
yV2zVbF.jpg

Rooney Polo 1 Faux Ivory Finest (24/54)
Crabtree & Evelyn Mysore Sandalwood shaving cream (vintage)
LASSC BBS-1
Wilkinson Light Brigade (1)
Aramis aftershave (vintage)
6T18f7w.jpg

Wednesday 13th July

AM-JKLVgcsT2BUzGILQuu6gTZ7PUtk4uiB5pnoeNPy34t7kYaxMQxGYQaqbjVG4kTtkLwlJodSHiIES7RDk9EN-jutiHC5vej5yUKLdSFS9gIqk4HybHcc0Q1IlBaLhvb7OjOOG7ISVAEm01IkSKcw-okR2eHw=w1200

Ganders Goat Soap w/Hop, Sage & Birch
Tcheon Fung Sing Crema Purissma Per Barba (Green)
DS Cosmetics Professional w/Synbad Synthetic 26mm
Hawk V3 (A Plate) & Feather Professional (3)
Brut Original Aftershave

... all green tonight, the green soap with a gentle mentholation, green handled brush and a splash of the good stuff for afters: Brut Original.

What a super shave! Give these Feather Professional blades a couple of shaves and all the rawness has been stropped off leaving a seriously smooth run which I undertook with long overlapping strokes, as is my technique with cartridge razors. What a lovely glide. Enjoyed so much I made two passes ... then one against the grain. Super-smooth and highly enjoyable - this is what traditional shaving is all about. Lovely!

Razor = Wilkinson Sword Sticky
Blade = Vintage Gillette Super Silver ( 3 )
Brush = The Doppler 26mm Synthetic By PAA
Soap = Fresco By PAA with matching splash
Balm = Nivea Skin Energy
F78C780C-3CEC-4F47-BC0D-CB75BDD7D459.jpegHomage To Old Spice Shave 5

Another Cracker today.
Old Spice brought out an aftershave in the 80’s called Fresh and this soap is a homage to that.
Not unlike Old Spice but a modern more fresh take on it.
I believe the product didn’t last to long which is a pitty as i would love to try the original.
The Brush was a first for me.
iv had it a number of weeks but didn’t get round to using it.
The knot is different from the other PAA brushes but i think it’s safe to say it’s exactly like the rest,
Lacking backbone & very floppy
Reminds me of something else :unsure:.
This one was an inspiration from an Old Erskine Brush and iv seen similar but not the actual model that it’s meant to represent.
I guess they are ok ish for the price tag.
The Razor needs no introduction the wonderful Sticky & paired with a vintage blade is class for me.
Enjoy the rest of your week Lads
Stay Safe

13 July

PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
PAA Peregrino
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Feather Hi-Stainless
Clubman Pinaud VIBR

View attachment 90466
An effortless two pass cold water shave this morning. The PAA soap and brush provided plentiful, excellent lather, and the Tatara razor sliced through the stubble giving a most comfortable, smooth result.

I said it was good ;)

The Razor needs no introduction the wonderful Sticky & paired with a vintage blade is class for me.

Sheer class!

Is your stick one with the grey/blue tip or silver tip? I'm not actually sure of the reasons for the difference - the silver tip came in a case that opens at the head end while the grey/blue tip came in a case that opens from side to side. I think there might be a UK/US market thing there.

Anyway, indeed! Class! Vastly underrated razor. I'm not big on vintage blades, but I think I'd like to try a vintage Wilkie in the Sticky. One shave for those old boys at Cramlington.

I did shave last night but I really couldn't be arsed to scribble something down. Too bloody knackered cycling to Lands End.

So to be nice and timely, this evening's shave arrives......this evening. And it arrives with the theme 'Face feeler'

20220713_194449.jpg

Face that razor - Rocnel SE-P
Blade face - 0.923792% of half a Dorco Prime
Facial brush - AP Shaving 24mm Cashmere
Soapy face - Extro Arancia
Smoothy face - Colegen moisturiser
Smelly face - Extro Arancia splash
Facebook - No thank you
'Face feeler'
'Bum feeler'

A return to the most ridiculous razor lurking in the shaving cabinet. The razor which can turn the humble Dorco in to a human meat cleaver. The razor which made the Mongols the most feared race on the planet. A razor like any other Rocnel chatters away non-stop in Turkish. As Google Translate translates, 'Cut, slash, maim'

The SE-P walks along that narrow line where aggressive becomes stark raving bonkers and stops being an exercise in shaving and more an exercise in potential A&E patient. But treat it with everything it deserves and an absolutely sublime finish awaits.

A new jar of Extro Arancia opened and no longer virginal. I can't recall my previous jar being the same visually with that 'petri dish' appeal and neither can I remember it being so strongly scented. But it is everything and more I loved about the Arancia in the first place. Heavenly. Brilliant. And very orange.

Throw it altogether in some kind of orderly manner and the end results as I always describe with this razor, ridiculously close. A real 'Face feeler'. A massage of the moisturiser and a face like a piece of latex after a good night at the 'Hell Fire Club'. A real 'Bum feeler' of a place.

And a bunch of ladies who appear to know the concept of faces meets latex. Why, it's those Otoboke Beavers

Today I have also been at the Extro Arancia Italiana. Must be the weather. Nicely hydrated lather liberally applied with the Phantom Aerolite. I know when I've been Tangoed. Weapon of choice was the Fritz Bracht Tennis 5/8 round point. Not terribly photogenic, what with a blue brush, orange soap and a faux ivory razor. I suppose I could have taken it in black and white. Following the suggestion from @Digimonkey to use the green Proraso pre as a cooling balm, I began the day as a smooth minty orange thing. Forgot the splash, never mind there's always tomorrow.

Last edited:
841CA787-5C53-48C5-81F6-656A7216BCB7.jpeg
SOTD: 13/07/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3A
Blade: Feather Pro, 7th use
Brush: ZENITH Unbleached bristle chrome handle 2000 C XSE
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Pre-Shave Cream Sensitive Cream
Soap: Stirling Campania Puck
Aftershave: Stirling Campania EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

I love this soap and scent, I could use this all summer!

Today I have also been at the Extro Arancia Italiana. Must be the weather. Nicely hydrated lather liberally applied with the Phantom Aerolite. I know when I've been Tangoed. Weapon of choice was the Fritz Bracht Tennis 5/8 round point. Not terribly photogenic, what with a blue brush, orange soap and a faux ivory razor. I suppose I could have taken it in black and white. Following the suggestion from @Digimonkey to use the green Proraso pre as a cooling balm, I began the day as a smooth minty orange thing. Forgot the splash, never mind there's always tomorrow.

Because orange is the new....... orange

Because orange is the new....... orange
Indeed it is.
That and a Simpson brush might be a 'killer' combination... (^_-)

and somewhere on the internet in 2013 somebody wrote that orange, lemon etc makes the men cool and the ladies hot. People will write anything on the Internet!

Here it is. Warning, link may contain traces of utter bs. They also say you should make yourself smell like J&J baby powder, and that women find female perfume on a man more erotic than 'eau de bro' (sic).

Fun fact: oranges increase oxytocin levels which make women want to bond—"bond."14 Feb 2013
1657749529488.png
https://www.complex.com › 2013/02

10 Scents That Turn Women On - Complex

Last edited:
Sheer class!

Is your stick one with the grey/blue tip or silver tip? I'm not actually sure of the reasons for the difference - the silver tip came in a case that opens at the head end while the grey/blue tip came in a case that opens from side to side. I think there might be a UK/US market thing there.

Anyway, indeed! Class! Vastly underrated razor. I'm not big on vintage blades, but I think I'd like to try a vintage Wilkie in the Sticky. One shave for those old boys at Cramlington.
Yeah hugely underrated Razors.
I’m unsure what you mean regarding colour of the tips.
now that could just be me being a numpty ?

PM me your details il get some Vintage blades to you asap.
I’ll send you a nice variety

Thu 14 SOTD
Soap Wholly Kaw Pomplemo
Brush Yaqi 26mm Orange Black Synthetic
Razor Karve Brass OC-D
Blade Personna X Series 27th Use
Aftershave Yaqi PinaColada Chillers Splash...
The soap's scent is light but the lather is richly creamy and slick...awesome!
It's amazing how this well-used blade is still performing great. Paired with the excellent razor & base plate, the 3pass shave was very smooth and efficient resulting in a bbs/dfs finish. The aftershave is absolutely frigid and smells marvelous!
20220714_110430.jpg

SOTD : 14th July 2022.

july 2.jpg

Shaving recipe for today.

Prep: Warm shower:/Asda Tingly Mint & Tea Tree Shower Gel.

Pre:
Cold wet flannel to my face.
Pears Transparent Bar Soap.
Brush: Anbbas 24mm Tuxedo synthetic.
Bowl Lather.
Bowl : Home Bargains Stainless Steel Side Bowl.
Lather: Palmolive Classic Shave Sticks. (grated)
Blade: Personna Gem PTFE. (D6.)
Razor: Gem Featherweight. Pre-1954

Cold water face wash with brush squeezing's, Cold Water Face Rinse./ Homemade (~Spring/Summer mix~) Lemon, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Essential Oils.3 Menthol Crystals Mixed Together With 200ml of Care+Witch Hazel./P&G Old Spice ASL./Nivea Men Fresh Kick ASB.

Greetings,

An enjoyable shave to finish my shaving week off on a high note.

Another week of comfortable acceptable shaves...The Gem Featherweight is a wonderful vintage shaving tool, and a pleasure to shave with.

Last out of the Personna Gem PTFE. The blade started to feel dull on the second pass, losing it's smoothness, but was still sufficient enough to finish my shave without any blood sport....I'm not complaining in the slightest, as six face shaves, and a head/dome shave from one blade is remarkably good...What more can i ask for?

A comfortable 2 pass + pick ups shave with no errors to report... finishing the shave off with a few small dollops of Nivea Men Fresh kick ASB.

My face is feeling cool, smooth & smelling divine. ;)

Stay Safe, and enjoy your day Ladies & Gentlemen.:cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom