SOTD : Saturday 9 July - Friday 15 July 2022.

They should offer the head only, and leave the plating off, and machine the bottom of the head dead flat.
I can only assume it arrives in this form to maintain a price point. Perhaps the shape is dictated by machining ease and the plating is more economical than polishing the brass? I honestly don't know. I can imagine plated brass being appealing to more people though as it avoids the patina scent that some dislike.

Edit: typo

Last edited:
Fri 15th July

Alpha G4 Syn 28mm
Monsavon au lait
ATT SE1 + Titanium handle
Feather Proguard ( 6 )
Tuff Red A/S Lotion

A bit of a fun Shave today trying out my new titanium handle on yet another Razor head. Not really taking a chance as another seasoned Shaver has done so with success. This handle just works so well with The ATT SE1, as it has with The Hawk V3 and Claymore Evolution. Another quality finish attained with ease and upon reflection very speedily.Must actually time it on future outings.

64636999-AB3D-45C5-A763-C1911CDDBC12.jpeg

SOTD 15-July
20220714_182347.jpg
Brush: Chubby 3 SiLVERTiP
Soap: B&M Reserve Spice
Razor: Blackland Era (5)
Blade: GSB (2)

Late shave today to make sure the brush had dried out properly, though to be fair with the weather it was perfectly fine to use this morning. Gave it a heavier load today and it was much much better, so much so I think I could have done another dozen passes.

It truly is a great brush, it doesnt have the backbone of some of my brushes but it's a fairly decent trade off for the face feel. Saying that I'm not convinced it offers anything more than the Chubby 2 other than size, I think if I was a head shaver it would have an immediate place.

One more try on Sunday @Boycie83 if you don't mind then I'll get it winging it's way back to you!

Hope everyone has had a grand day!

Cheers

Marc

SOTD 15-July
View attachment 90604
Brush: Chubby 3 SiLVERTiP
Soap: B&M Reserve Spice
Razor: Blackland Era (5)
Blade: GSB (2)

Late shave today to make sure the brush had dried out properly, though to be fair with the weather it was perfectly fine to use this morning. Gave it a heavier load today and it was much much better, so much so I think I could have done another dozen passes.

It truly is a great brush, it doesnt have the backbone of some of my brushes but it's a fairly decent trade off for the face feel. Saying that I'm not convinced it offers anything more than the Chubby 2 other than size, I think if I was a head shaver it would have an immediate place.

One more try on Sunday @Boycie83 if you don't mind then I'll get it winging it's way back to you!

Hope everyone has had a grand day!

Cheers

Marc
Use it for as long as you need, chap.

Friday AM 2022-07-15
National Tapioca Pudding Day
rjkV7ud.jpg

Rooney 1/2 Faux Ivory Finest (24/53)
Ethos Grooming Vanilla Safi shaving soap
Wilkinson Bonded System (5)
Issey Miyake l'Eau d'Issey pour Homme aftershave
BDmSrwO.jpg

31E68BB3-32C6-4EAD-9A5F-DDA6014E3D89.jpeg
SOTD: 15/07/2022

Razor: Hone 15s
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Croap
Aftershave: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Aftershave
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

I love this scent, and it’s getting closer to a point where I’m nearly finished the tub. This will absolutely be replaced and is in my top 5 soaps, the splash lasts all day and it’s just a fabulous set. I know this is supposed to be a modern barbershop but I’ve barely tried anything else as I can’t see me finding anything better! The Hone gave an better than average shave but the fix video has been released so hopefully I can sort it in the next day or two!

View attachment 90616
SOTD: 15/07/2022

Razor: Hone 15s
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless , 1st use
Brush: Shedeleven Spalted Scottish Hawthorn AP Shave Co G5C 26mm Fan
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: PAA Cube Unscented Soap
Soap: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Croap
Aftershave: A&E Barbiere Sofisticato Aftershave
Balm: L’Oreal Men Expert Reinforcing Aftershave Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

I love this scent, and it’s getting closer to a point where I’m nearly finished the tub. This will absolutely be replaced and is in my top 5 soaps, the splash lasts all day and it’s just a fabulous set. I know this is supposed to be a modern barbershop but I’ve barely tried anything else as I can’t see me finding anything better! The Hone gave an better than average shave but the fix video has been released so hopefully I can sort it in the next day or two!
Iv never tried this one but now that your saying how good it is i’ll definitely be getting it

Back
Top Bottom