SOTD : Saturday 9 July - Friday 15 July 2022.

44332385-9886-4E8F-B268-37739CC4A802.jpegSOTD: 14/07/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3A
Blade: Feather Pro, 8th use
Brush: Yaqi Freedom Italian Flag 24mm Cashmere
Bowl: Captains Choice Copper Lather Bowl Standard Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Signature Wicstun Puck
Aftershave: Signature Wicstun Aftershave
Balm: L’Oréal All In 1 Moisturising Cream Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

This Signature never disappoints, it’s such a fresh citrus soap, just what’s needed in weather like this. I’m binning the blade though it seems past it’s best, still an excellent shave, smooth and efficient but not as sharp as normal.
Have a great day guys.

Thursday AM 2022-07-14
National Shark Awareness Day
sbmNLZ6.jpg

Rooney Stubby 3XL Faux Porcelain Finest (2 ring) (30/52)
Ethos Grooming Succès shaving soap
Carbon Damascus Adamas
Wilkinson Light Brigade (2)
Ethos Grooming Succès aftershave
3d2z2AD.jpg

Razor = 1920’s Gillette Old Type
Blade = Vintage Wilkinson Sword
Brush = 20mm Rooney Heritage
Soap = Shulton Old Spice
Aftershave = Shulton Old Spice
Balm = Nivea Original
BDA9BCE2-A164-4800-BD46-3143EA7AFB67.jpegWell Last of the Old Spice Theme with this shave being the pinnacle.
Totally top drawer really.
I love this razor but don’t use it nearly enough,
Mind you it can be a bit rough especially if i don’t have much of a growth.
The Old Spice is good i like it BUT it’s not the holly grail by any means and actually if it wasn’t so unobtainable i reckon it would be a hit or miss.
The fact that it’s not made anymore makes it desirable but it’s certainly not as good as the modern artisans especially in terms of post shave & slickness.
The 20mm Rooney whipped it up in to a wonderful lather very quickly & the scent is probably as prominent today as it was when it first came out.
i guess it’s perhaps lost a bit but i can’t tell.
I do have others that have lost scent but this one seems ok.
Overall it was a 8/10 shave
still loved every minute of it, & using a razor that’s 100 years old & a cardboard box in pristine condition makes it even better.
Enjoy the rest of the week boys & girls &
Stay Safe

Fri 15 SOTD
Soap Phoenix & Beau Imperial Rum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake Band Badger
Razor Fatip OC
Blade Shick Super Stainless 10th Use
Aftershave Clubman Gents Gin
The lather from this soap was whip-up very nicely & enjoyably by the excellent brush to be creamy rich and quite slick..scent is a nice light bayrum
Another very good shave with this excellent blade paired with the razor. 3 silky smooth passes without any issues for a bbs finish. The aftershave is just too good...
20220715_123316.jpg

How do you like the Blaze? How about the fit and finish?
It's a great razor Jim. I bought the Blaze thinking I'd be unimpressed with it and ultimately move it on but it has surprised me with the shaves.

Packaging and presentation were nice and it all fits together well. Blade fits snugly and the thread action is smooth. It's a lot of razor for the money considering it's CNC brass.

SOTD: 15/07/2022

Razor: Rockwell 6s
Blade: Feather Hi-stainless, 1st use
Brush: Yaqi Lucky Dice Tuxedo
Bowl: Simpsons Travel Bowl
Preshave: Proraso Blue Prebeard Cream
Soap: Tcheon Fung Sing Kathmandu Puck
Aftershave: Doulton Old Spice Aftershave
Balm: Prorasso Blue Balm
Additional Care: Shave Tunes Fortunate Son By Creedence Clearwater Revival

A lovely shave today. Although cheaper than most artisan soaps I like these Tcheon Fung Sing soaps, this one has a lovely scent. Goes well with the Old Spice which I had imported from India to get the original smell. Si'thee around.

27BF4E14-E5D0-490D-9AA8-BA02111E0D59.jpeg

Prep: Face wash with Simple face wash
Pre: None
Razor: Rockwell 6S (4)
Blade: Gillette Perma-Sharp (1)
Brush: Alpha Outlaw
S Soap: Goodfella's Smile - Orange Empire

After @hotmetal yesterday's post about scents, soap choice was easy. I am now waiting for the effects......

SOTD.jpg

It's a great razor Jim. I bought the Blaze thinking I'd be unimpressed with it and ultimately move it on but it has surprised me with the shaves.

Packaging and presentation were nice and it all fits together well. Blade fits snugly and the thread action is smooth. It's a lot of razor for the money considering it's CNC brass.
Thanks. That's what I was hoping to hear.

Back
Top Bottom