SOTD : Saturday 9 July - Friday 15 July 2022.

IMG_1410.jpgA lovely shave with some of the best gear available. A 10/10 for me and the star of this show? The A&E The Undersea soap, with it’s citrus and ozone combination which lathers so well, and the scent remains, so there’s no need for either a balm or a splash.

Face stroking! Hm!

Razor: Rockwell 6S (R4)
Blade: Nacet (1)
Soap: A&E The Undersea
Brush: PAA Peregrino
Pre-shave: Bloom water
Post-shave: None needed
Bowl: Face lather

jcd8Nao.png

Wednesday 07.13.22
Pre - Hot washcloth & bloom water
Razor - Monocero Husaria Closed Comb
Blade - Shark Super Stainless
Brush - Reknotted Vtg. Ever-Ready F-40 24mm Oumo Boar
Soap - Wholly Kaw Fougere Mania Shaving Soap
Post - Wholly Kaw Fougere Mania Aftershave Splash

13 July

PAA Atomic Age Bay Rum
PAA Peregrino
Tatara Masamune Nodachi
Feather Hi-Stainless
Clubman Pinaud VIBR

DBB7EB70-009C-4A5B-9C62-6DFF81D4C33B.jpeg
An effortless two pass cold water shave this morning. The PAA soap and brush provided plentiful, excellent lather, and the Tatara razor sliced through the stubble giving a most comfortable, smooth result.

SMN V2
Wild West Brushworks 24mm Cashmere
Timeless .95SB Crown Knurled handle
Lada SS #1
Acca Kappa cedar AS

This morning’s shave was another cold water shave using the slight mentholated Santa Maria Novella soap, just the one pass was required with the fresh Lada blade in the Timeless solid bar combo using the Crown Knurled handle made of titanium, in sum very good; finished off with the cedar scented aftershave.

It is indeed a huge change...the humidity will hit the moment you step out of the airport...the air will feel so dense and heavy plus the heat...hahaha :LOL: Fortunately, malaria is almost eradicated and unheard of but for Aedes and Dengue the threat is real and there's no cure...
All swamps and rivers in Singapore are turned into beautiful parks for nature and recreation...but come into Malaysia just a short drive away and you'll find plenty of swamps...hehehehe... ;) plus Aedes and Dengue
BTW, my boss is Scottish and he's traveling back for his summer holidays...he's so used to the conditions here that he hates going back during any other times...especially in winter
Going back to be welcomed by the wee midges!

292713951_1095058051090490_2302290183770407308_n.jpg
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Executive Shaving Bay Rum cream
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Dorco Titan (2)

Dodged a bullet with today's shave. Everything was going swimmingly until half way through the second pass I dropped the razor! The bounce off the sink must have pinged the blade, as the following stroke caught as soon as I began. Thankfully it was a light contact, but still enough to draw blood. Blade swapped out, dab of alum and shave completed without further incident. Lesson learnt.

View attachment 90470
Prep: Shower, Palmolive Olive Oil Soap
Soap: Executive Shaving Bay Rum cream
Brush: 24mm Yaqi Sagrada Familia Tuxedo
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Dorco Titan (2)

Dodged a bullet with today's shave. Everything was going swimmingly until half way through the second pass I dropped the razor! The bounce off the sink must have pinged the blade, as the following stroke caught as soon as I began. Thankfully it was a light contact, but still enough to draw blood. Blade swapped out, dab of alum and shave completed without further incident. Lesson learnt.
It happens to the best of us.
Good job it wasn't a Futur!!

Back
Top Bottom