SOTD : Saturday 9 July - Friday 15 July 2022.

Cheers mate, these are just my own observations having spent time with two of the variants and I thought it was worth mentioning.
FYI, I think the first version is reputedly the most aggressive one.

........................... so are we both chasing a V1 now ? ? :ROFLMAO:
Thanks for the info mate i genuinely had no idea and i’m guessing a lot of other guys might not know either so getting the V1 will prove difficult

Razor = 1949 British Gillette Rocket
Blade = Vintage Gillette Super Silver ( 2 )
Brush = Vintage 22mm Rooney In Butterscotch
Soap = Phoenix & Beau The Night Witch with
matching balm
Aftershave = Old Spice ( Proctor & Gamble ) (n)
AB1D55DA-C887-461E-8AF5-384FFCD7BF0C.jpegHomage To Old Spice Shave 4.
We’ll i finally got back on track with the homage theme.
i was meant to be doing the whole of last week but one thing let to another & it never happened.
What really happened was i bought more stuff & i was like a kid in a sweetie shop & couldn’t help myself using it first.
Spoilt Brat i know.
Getting back to the shave for me the Rocket is another underrated vintage, infact all of the Superspeeds to me are underrated but there you go that’s just my opinion.
I paired the Rocket with the Super Silver & again it was a dream to use.
Genuinely i could bin every modern razor i own quite happily & stick with the vintage
But i won’t :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.
The Brush for me is a delight although i have absolutely no idea on date.
There’s just something nice about Vintage Brushes with the Best Badger Knot.
As we know there’s far better out there but i won’t change them unless it really needs it.
I love the way these modern artisans reproduce a certain scent, not letting go of the past in terms of everything our fathers used back in the day.

I need a bit of cheering up just now,
just got an email i’m heading back to Norway on Monday,
F- In disaster but there you go,
iv only been home a week yesterday.

Perhaps i should do the job properly the first time & i wouldn’t have all this hassle lol
Never Mind
Onwards & Upwards
Have a great week
Stay Safe

Last edited:
Sotd-12-07-22.png

Karve Overlander alu
Aussie Spoiler (9)
ShedEleven walnut silvertip
Fitjar Folgefonn
cold water
Alcolado Glacial.

Heat wave? What fcuking heatwave? It remains unpleasantly clammy and close though. I really don't know what I am complaining about as I was on the phone this morning to a mate who has just moved from rural Perthshire, Scotland, to Singapore. Which I think is a world class producer of humidity?
(I presume you sympathise @chard52142 :)) Well if you will go live in a city built on a malarial swamp. I left him wringing out the parrots in his garden so they could fly back up into the trees. Shave well all - cheers - I.

View attachment 90421

Karve Overlander alu
Aussie Spoiler (9)
ShedEleven walnut silvertip
Fitjar Folgefonn
cold water
Alcolado Glacial.

Heat wave? What fcuking heatwave? It remains unpleasantly clammy and close though. I really don't know what I am complaining about as I was on the phone this morning to a mate who has just moved from rural Perthshire to Singapore. Which I think is a world class producer of humidity?
(I presume you sympathise @chard52142 :)) Well if you will go live in a city built on a malarial swamp. I left him wringing out the parrots in his garden so they could fly back up into the trees. Shave well all - cheers - I.
Where do you live ?
it’s quite overcast in Scotland or should i say Edinburgh
The sun perks it’s head out now & again

62D7DC5D-CA82-46D9-B191-74F49552D9CA.jpeg
SOTD: 12/07/2022

Razor: Razorock Hawk V3A
Blade: Feather Pro, 6th use
Brush: Knothead Brush Works 26mm AP Shave Co. Synbad
Bowl: 3D Printed Bowl
Preshave: Bart’s Balm Preshave Sample Oil
Soap: Arko Stick
Aftershave: Issey Miyake L’Eau d’Issey EDT
Balm: Bart’s Balm Sample Balm
Additional Care: Osma Laboratoires Alum Block

Decided to go for a random Arko shave today and forgot how great it is and I actually don’t mind the smell too much! Seemed to match well with the Bart’s lime Preshave and Issey Miyake and take the edge of the scent. The performance as always was immense, as was the Hawk. All in all a great shave.

SOTD 20220712
Prep: Face wash
Brush: Pils travel brush Silvertip
Soap: Vielong
Razor: Seygus Zeppelin TI 0,9
Blade: Gillette Platinum
AS: Myrsol Plasic Shave

SOTD_20220712.jpg

Saludos
Marco

PS-Proraso
Brush-Turkish Mop
Razor-Gillette Adjustable*
Blade-Lord Stainless**
Soap-Arko
AS-Barts
AAS-Tea Tree Oil

*Another venture into the vaults produced this Gillette adjustable it seems in good nick. It certainly produced a good shave not sure of its vintage probably fifties.

** Not sure how I acquired these blades but worked well with the Gillette. A brand new blade so might see how it performs on the next shave whenever that might be.

Cheers mate, these are just my own observations having spent time with two of the variants and I thought it was worth mentioning.
FYI, I think the first version is reputedly the most aggressive one.

........................... so are we both chasing a V1 now ? ? :ROFLMAO:
just confirmed i have the V4 as you say the V1 will be a must try

just confirmed i have the V4 as you say the V1 will be a must try

The Emporium had one for sale once

The Emporium had one for sale once

The only thing the Emporium hasn't had for sale to date is your family

Checking the BST in case I'm wrong

Back
Top Bottom