SOTD : Saturday 9 July - Friday 15 July 2022.

SOTD 20220712
Prep: Face wash
Brush: Pils travel brush Silvertip
Soap: Vielong
Razor: Seygus Zeppelin TI 0,9
Blade: Gillette Platinum
AS: Myrsol Plasic Shave

SOTD_20220712.jpg

Saludos
Marco
One of favourite smelling and performing aftershaves!

The Emporium had one for sale once
Nothing Surprises me in your Aladdin’s Cave

Wed 13 SOTD
Soap Stirling Mountain Man
Brush Yaqi 24mm Cavern Lake 2 Band Badger
Razor Dorko 43 Near Wedge
Aftershave Reuzel Wood & Spice
A very good soap...scent and lather are nice and easily whipped up by this brush which is one of my favorites because of the handle and knot. The aftershave matches well.
Another SR shave in the books! This razor's grind, heft, and smooth edge make a workday rush 3pass shave very enjoyable even though the results are just ccs-sas with 1 red spot.
20220713_093038.jpg

Tuesday 12th July

Soap • Proraso Green
Brush • Yaqi Ocean
Razor • Parker InjRzr
Blade • Schick Twin (8)
Post • Prorasso Green ASL

Same set up as my last shave on Sunday.
The blade didn't feel as keen, so I won't push my luck with another use.
I'm quite undecided whether I will keep this injector razor. To me, it's not very inspiring. A bit like using a disposable cartridge razor. It does get the job done well, but there is very little else to it.

SOTD 13-July
20220711_122615.jpg
Brush: C&H 'Mammoth' V15
Soap: Cerberus Fougere
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE

A no thought shave this morning, needed it as absolutely wiped this morning, don't deal well with heat at night. Thankfully the sabre doesn't need a lot of attention anymore to get a decent finish. Use of the fougere this morning, personally I think this collaboration outing is a lot better than the first cerberus, the first being a bit marmite whilst this one I think has a greater general appeal.

Nice finish and another sunny looking day, hope everyone has a grand one!

Cheers

Marc

Last edited:
SOTD 13-July
View attachment 90457
Brush: C&H 'Mammoth V15
Soap: Cerberus Fougere
Razor: Blackland Sabre
Blade: GEM PTFE

A no thought shave this morning, needed it as absolutely wiped this morning, don't deal well with heat at night. Thankfully the sabre doesn't need a lot of attention anymore to get a decent finish. Use of the fougere this morning, personally I think this collaboration outing is a lot better than the first cerberus, the first being a bit marmite whilst this one I think has a greater general appeal.

Nice finish and another sunny looking day, hope everyone has a grand one!

Cheers

Marc

Marc,

Seeing your SOTD posts makes me yearn for a classy looking badger brush!
Perhaps if I'm a good boy Santa will bring me one !

Marc,

Seeing your SOTD posts makes me yearn for a classy looking badger brush!
Perhaps if I'm a good boy Santa will bring me one !
Ha ha there are some crackers out there, I have it all on to stop my apparent disorder and adding more to the den, though that doesn't stop me encouraging you wholeheartedly ;)

Cheers

Marc

13/07/22
Pre - Pears Transparent cold water face wash
Brush - Vintage Butterscotch Culmak Plus 1950
Soap - Proraso Green Eucalyptus & Menthol
Razor - GEM MicroMatic Open Comb
Blade - Personna Injector
Post - Cold water Rinse, TC's infused Witch Hazel
Balm - Proraso Green
A/S - Proraso Green

Wk28 (5).JPGWk28 (5a).JPG
I did enjoy that, i do like an Injector blade in the MicroMatic's, so smooth.
It is also nice and sunny this morning.
Stay safe and enjoy your day all

Wed 13th July

Cyril Salter. MS Ed2band
Lea Classic soap
Claymore Evolution + Timeless Ti handle
Feather Proguard [ 5 ]
Lea Classic A/S Lotion

Reduced the overall weight of the Razor by 25g, which seemed to encourage a light touch and made it more agile.The feel in the hand was great and actually felt more secure when working around the neck. Finish wise I was very impressed as it was Top Notch with not the slightest hint of post Shave irritation.

IMG_0014.jpeg

View attachment 90421

Karve Overlander alu
Aussie Spoiler (9)
ShedEleven walnut silvertip
Fitjar Folgefonn
cold water
Alcolado Glacial.

Heat wave? What fcuking heatwave? It remains unpleasantly clammy and close though. I really don't know what I am complaining about as I was on the phone this morning to a mate who has just moved from rural Perthshire, Scotland, to Singapore. Which I think is a world class producer of humidity?
(I presume you sympathise @chard52142 :)) Well if you will go live in a city built on a malarial swamp. I left him wringing out the parrots in his garden so they could fly back up into the trees. Shave well all - cheers - I.
It is indeed a huge change...the humidity will hit the moment you step out of the airport...the air will feel so dense and heavy plus the heat...hahaha :LOL: Fortunately, malaria is almost eradicated and unheard of but for Aedes and Dengue the threat is real and there's no cure...
All swamps and rivers in Singapore are turned into beautiful parks for nature and recreation...but come into Malaysia just a short drive away and you'll find plenty of swamps...hehehehe... ;) plus Aedes and Dengue
BTW, my boss is Scottish and he's traveling back for his summer holidays...he's so used to the conditions here that he hates going back during any other times...especially in winter

Back
Top Bottom